Just Back

Re: Just Back

Postby Morecamber » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:57 pm

What I got told by someone at the service was that he was lacking concentration and after he had his coffee he was fine :lol:

What would have happened at CP if he drove the remaining length from Forton?

Alan Curbishley :o
Morecamber

Postby Jody » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:00 pm

The best one I heard was Jimmy Bollard!!! :lol:
Jody

Postby Morecamber » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:01 pm

He was slighty crackers. :lol:
Morecamber

Postby Phoenix » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:03 pm

I got a text from someone on the way down on the coach and it ended "nightmare driver". Just glad everyone got home safely, one way or another. This will hit TC's reputation locally, far more than the 50 on that coach will have read this and it's not the best publicity they could ask for. There might be a reason the driver was "out of it" but that's no excuse for putting more than 50 lives at stake. Like someone said, taking out the 1st coach at CP should have raised some questions by TC.
Phoenix

Postby MTID » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:10 pm

Jody wrote:All 3 I think Neil. Yes people collared him at the services but he had absolutely no explanation for himself. He just seemed totally out of it!

What a plonker, glad everyone got home safely. I hope everyone on the coach gets a apology and a explanation as to what was going on.

Jimmy Bollard!!!!! Thats brilliant!! :lol:
MTID

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:20 pm

MTID wrote:
Jody wrote:All 3 I think Neil. Yes people collared him at the services but he had absolutely no explanation for himself. He just seemed totally out of it!

What a plonker, glad everyone got home safely. I hope everyone on the coach gets a apology and a explanation as to what was going on.

Jimmy Bollard!!!!! Thats brilliant!! :lol:

Maybe Harvey the driver had been on Vodka, Galliano and Orange Juice! Work that one out :lol: :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mel mfc sis » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:37 pm

no you're not the only one, i thought his driving was the same as on the way there as it was without his glasses. then he got them and was far worse. i got used to hitting eevry curb and going over roundabouts rather than round them but near hits of the central reservation barrier and being up the ass of a lorry is beyond getting used to.
what gets me is that he didnt have a break on the way there but he had a 3 hour break before we set off back. the 'incident' happened only an hour into the journey back so he cant of been THAT tired. if he was then we wouldnt have mind stopping, afterall who would rather lose their life than stop off for 15?
he didnt seem bothered and looked clueless to what he had done wrong and just said he lost concentration. im sorry but how many times did he want to lose concentration? even if he did he must have seen a big ass argos lorry within feet infront of him.
Did he fall asleep is what im concerned about, he must have seen the lorry otherwise! if we all didnt shout he would have gone straight into the back of that lorry without a doubt!
he had 50 people on the edge of their seats with young kids on the coach too holdin on for their dear lives.
i thought i wouldnt make it home on that coach, exactly the reason i refused to get back on and got in the taxi home.
as for the 'what yuo get for your money' post, i disagree. for years i remember having a great service from T.C but this particular driver was just terrible.
mel mfc sis

Postby Crooky MFC » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:55 pm

I was sat at the back of the coach and all you could hear was "steddy on Jimmy" "show me a bollard and i will hit it". Then, guess what song came on the radio..."Everywhere you go, always take the weather with you" :lol:
Crooky MFC

Postby mfcbro » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:18 pm

Nothing to do with "get what you pay for"once you get your licence you can drive for anyone,believe it or not even Fraser Eagle.
mfcbro

Postby John L » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:30 pm

May I offer my sympathy to those on the coach in question.

I travelled on the Supporters' Club coach (a Battersby's vehicle), and would like to state my thanks to our driver who got us home in difficult, but less concerning, circumstances. It seemed the driver forgot about the need to set down a lady at Charnock Richard services as we headed north up the M1 and across the M62, not an unreasonable route in itself. To make amends, we exited the M60 onto the A580 (East Lancs Road) and headed towards the M6. Upon reaching the roundabout at J23, he seemed to encounter difficulties engaging low gears from a stand, and so pulled onto the roadside to try and make a fresh start. At this point, a number of us thought the worst, in that we might sit there a few hours in the pouring rain to await help, but to his credit the driver managed to nurse the coach up to speed, setting down at Charnock and again at Forton. Unfortunately after leaving Forton, we seemed to have more serious problems and lost speed dramatically. Thankfully, the driver pulled onto the hard shoulder and managed to crawl off the motorway at J33. We were then able to trundle back through Lancaster to arrive at CP at 1:50. Hopefully, whatever damage sustained by the coach was minimal and we were fortunate enough to have a driver who remained professional, in my opinion, to get us home safely.
John L

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:08 pm

Our driver was really boring.

Nothing of note happened.

He got us home without drama.

We were back for 1am.

I am really glad you all made it safely back.

Was just about to text you this morning, to check you got back ok, Jody, but looking at my watch it was ten past nine and thought you'd be at work.

I take it, mfcbro, you won't be slating my driving in future? :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:24 pm

John L wrote:May I offer my sympathy to those on the coach in question.

I travelled on the Supporters' Club coach (a Battersby's vehicle), and would like to state my thanks to our driver who got us home in difficult, but less concerning, circumstances. It seemed the driver forgot about the need to set down a lady at Charnock Richard services as we headed north up the M1 and across the M62, not an unreasonable route in itself. To make amends, we exited the M60 onto the A580 (East Lancs Road) and headed towards the M6. Upon reaching the roundabout at J23, he seemed to encounter difficulties engaging low gears from a stand, and so pulled onto the roadside to try and make a fresh start. At this point, a number of us thought the worst, in that we might sit there a few hours in the pouring rain to await help, but to his credit the driver managed to nurse the coach up to speed, setting down at Charnock and again at Forton. Unfortunately after leaving Forton, we seemed to have more serious problems and lost speed dramatically. Thankfully, the driver pulled onto the hard shoulder and managed to crawl off the motorway at J33. We were then able to trundle back through Lancaster to arrive at CP at 1:50. Hopefully, whatever damage sustained by the coach was minimal and we were fortunate enough to have a driver who remained professional, in my opinion, to get us home safely.

I was on that coach and would like to thank the driver for getting us back to Morecambe at one point I thought it wouldn't make it back
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:43 am

morecambe mick wrote:Our driver was really boring.

Boring, but safe! He knew from the offset he was in good hands ;)

The way you plotted his route around Euston Rd / Queen St. was top notch stuff Mick :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Previous

Return to General Discussion