Bolton Why oh why

Bolton Why oh why

Postby darrenlock » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:39 am

Bolton why did they get rid of Gary Megson.Ok they are 2nd bottom but a good team i didn't think the team would go down and they spend little money.

Next manager Mark Hughes
darrenlock

Re: Bolton Why oh why

Postby The Marksman » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:22 am

Because his record was poor, the fans hated him, his biggest signing turned out to be £11m worth of shite... need any more reasons? I'm surprised he lasted this long.
The Marksman

Postby Christies Child » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:54 am

A classic example of an overated manager who has made a tidy sum by being an abject failure at every club he's managed.

It's situations like this when I feel for Sammy who has more ability than Megson but has never been given the opportunity to manager 'big time' other than NI. He's never had and probably never will have had six possibly 7 figure pay offs as per the likes of Megson.

No doubt Megson this morning will be agreeing a settlement that will see him have a comfortable life style for the foreseeable future.....and all because he's been a failure!

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby The Marksman » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:03 am

That's not exactly his fault. If he negotiated a contract that allows him a pay off in the event of being fired, good on him. The fault lies with people who give out these contracts.
The Marksman

Postby Christies Child » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:45 am

The Marksman wrote:That's not exactly his fault. If he negotiated a contract that allows him a pay off in the event of being fired, good on him. The fault lies with people who give out these contracts.

I wouldn't argue...but my point is that he and others are rewarded for being failures. If you or I didn't live up to expectation we'd be shown the door with either a week or a months salary.
Christies Child

Postby The Marksman » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:13 am

That's probably because yours and mine's bargaining positions aren't such that we can negotiate contracts like that for ourselves. I'm making assumptions here, I don't know what you do, but I'd guess there are hundreds if not thousands of people who could step in and do our jobs, making our labour worth less. There aren't as many who could do Megson's, meaning he gets better rewarded.
The Marksman

Postby durhamshrimp » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:18 am

Why oh why did they emloy him in the first place? Steve McLaren mk2 if ever I saw one.
durhamshrimp

Postby campdave » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:23 am

Christies Child wrote: but has never been given the opportunity to manager 'big time' other than NI.

Which he screwed up. I attended several matches under his NI tenure, and we were awful under his helm.
campdave

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:57 am

so who do we think will replace him a number of managers spring to mind Mark Hughes, darren Furguson, Paul Jewell
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:59 am

The Marksman wrote:That's probably because yours and mine's bargaining positions aren't such that we can negotiate contracts like that for ourselves. I'm making assumptions here, I don't know what you do, but I'd guess there are hundreds if not thousands of people who could step in and do our jobs, making our labour worth less. There aren't as many who could do Megson's, meaning he gets better rewarded.

Oh I don't know..... :?: :?: :?:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

Postby Christies Child » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:01 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:so who do we think will replace him a number of managers spring to mind Mark Hughes, darren Furguson, Paul Jewell

Probably Mark Hughes with Darren F taking over at Preston ;)
Christies Child

Postby Joe Oh » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:36 pm

The Marksman wrote:That's not exactly his fault. If he negotiated a contract that allows him a pay off in the event of being fired, good on him. The fault lies with people who give out these contracts.

Exactly. I can't believe the stupidity of the board members who looked at his failures with West Brom and then Forrest and thought that he could possibly do a good job at Bolton.

I've always said that the best way to appoint managers is to appoint people who've had success further down the league or with smaller clubs.
Joe Oh

Return to General Discussion