Team v Macclesfield?

Team v Macclesfield?

Postby Vinny » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:35 pm

Our make-shift team tried hard today and did provided a far better performance than v Accy but with little joy against a very good 'Dale. With our injury list now possibly extending to 7 or 8 players (Jevons, Mullins, Twiss, Wainwright, Craney, McStay, Artell, et al) and 5-yellow card suspensions for Hunter and Wilson, the team selection is looking rather limited for Saturday, just when Macclesfield seem to have found form.

The remainig squad just about selects itself, but where to play them? Maybe:

----------------------Roche

------Moss-----Haining-----Bentley-----Adams

-----Parrish---Drummond----Panther----Stanley

-----------------Taylor-----Curtis

Davies
Duffy
Poole
?
?
Let's hope the physio's work wonders or Sammy has a chance in the window.
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Re: Team v Macclesfield?

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:38 pm

Vinny wrote:Our make-shift team tried hard today and did provided a far better performance than v Accy but with little joy against a very good 'Dale. With our injury list now possibly extending to 7 or 8 players (Jevons, Mullins, Twiss, Wainwright, Craney, McStay, Artell, et al) and 5-yellow card suspensions for Hunter and Wilson, the team selection is looking rather limited for Saturday, just when Macclesfield seem to have found form.

The remainig squad just about selects itself, but where to play them? Maybe:

----------------------Roche

------Moss-----Haining-----Bentley-----Adams

-----Parrish---Drummond----Panther----Stanley

-----------------Taylor-----Curtis sammy as a stiker

Davies
Duffy
Poole
?
?
Let's hope the physio's work wonders or Sammy has a chance in the window.
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Vinny » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:48 pm

Lill's was the striker. Now there's a thought :P
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:56 am

looks like Manny will be back soon
heysham_mfc

Postby George Dawes » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:59 am

i imagine due to injury's and suspensions he will start the next game, he's will have had enough first team training by then under his belt

and now surly needs first team football to get his game back
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:05 pm

Didn't Moss start his career as a central midfied player?

If so, then maybe he could be given a role there in preference to at full back.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:40 pm

Christies Child wrote:Didn't Moss start his career as a central midfied player?

If so, then maybe he could be given a role there in preference to at full back.

He excelled at being versatile at the start of the season after all.
campdave

Postby darrenlock » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:44 pm

Small squad hope Morecambe play 2 up front

Curtis / and Aaron Taylor.Taylor meant to be really good give the kid a break he deserves.
darrenlock

Postby 1953 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:06 pm

How about:
Roche
Parrish Haining Bentley Adams
Duffy Drummond Panther Stanley
Davies(Yes Davies---whenever he shoots in pre match warm ups he is nearly always on target!!!) Give it a go.National headlines might read:-Wembley stand in keeper hero finds new role. :idea: :idea: & Curtis :) :) :) If Rochey gets injured at least we"ll have a warmed up sub for goal & someone off the bench for the outfield!!!!STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED AT SEA.
Last edited by 1953 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:17 pm

Anyone know if Sammy and Mark are registered to play for the club, they would sure put some bite in the midfield area............ just a thought :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Blackburn shrimp

Postby james456 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:34 pm

Curtis Taylor
Duffy Drummond Stanley Parrish
Adams Bentley Haining Moss
Roche

Unless anyone comes back from injury.
james456

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:19 pm

Allowing for injuries to Twiss, Jevons, Mullins, McStay, Craney, and Wainwright I'd go for the following.

L Roche R

Adams---Haining-----Bentley----Hunter

Wilson--Drummond---Panther----Duffy

Curtis-----Taylor

It might seem a bit drastic to some.....just a bit different approach and looking at using the few bodies that we have fit a bit differently.

Parrish had a poor game against Rochdale, not at fault for all the goals but they all came from his side. I felt that he could have done more to stop the crosses raining in. He improved towards the end of the match and had a couple of good runs forward, but he had annoyed me enough by then. Admittedly he was up against top quality opposition, the best I've seen since we've been at this level. However, I didn't think he contributed much against Accrington either. A shame really, as prior to the festive period he has shown great form all year.

Stanley has also had a poor couple of games, hence why I've benched him. Generally I think the midfield needs Suring up. If Panther is fit he has to play. Who is alongside him is a coin toss. I plumped for Drummond, personal preference more than anything. I don't think Stanley offers much going forward or backward......just sideways and a good set piece delivery. Drummond gets goals and puts in a shift, boxes ticked.

Duffy onto the right, I like the effort he displays but execution needs working on. He loses the ball too cheaply. When on the left flank he always tries to cut back on his right foot, clearly his more favoured foot.....so lets put him in a position where he can be more effective and get a good look at what he can do.

Wilson has had a quiet couple of games. Previously he has been unstoppable going forward, but in the last two games the opportunities to do so have been hampered. This could be due to Duffy not being the best defensively. Whilst we have limited options in this area, and and a defence that is almost at full strength perhaps he should be pushed forward?

Bents for Artell: conceded four goals in a game, time to get the General back in. Casualty has to be Artell, Will Haining is the first name on the team sheet at the moment.

Whatever Sammy does, some tough decisions to make with the players at his disposal.
RedRedWine1

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:56 pm

Thought hunter and wilson were suspended for macc game
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:57 pm

Fgh shrimp wrote:Thought hunter and wilson were suspended for macc game

If that is the case then pray for snow......or lump on Macc.
RedRedWine1

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:46 am

if the game is off then wilson and hunter would miss the burton game at home instead
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:49 am

RedRedWine wrote:Allowing for injuries to Twiss, Jevons, Mullins, McStay, Craney, and Wainwright I'd go for the following.

L Roche R

Adams---Haining-----Bentley----Hunter

Wilson--Drummond---Panther----Duffy

Curtis-----Taylor

It might seem a bit drastic to some.....just a bit different approach and looking at using the few bodies that we have fit a bit differently.

Parrish had a poor game against Rochdale, not at fault for all the goals but they all came from his side. I felt that he could have done more to stop the crosses raining in. He improved towards the end of the match and had a couple of good runs forward, but he had annoyed me enough by then. Admittedly he was up against top quality opposition, the best I've seen since we've been at this level. However, I didn't think he contributed much against Accrington either. A shame really, as prior to the festive period he has shown great form all year.

Stanley has also had a poor couple of games, hence why I've benched him. Generally I think the midfield needs Suring up. If Panther is fit he has to play. Who is alongside him is a coin toss. I plumped for Drummond, personal preference more than anything. I don't think Stanley offers much going forward or backward......just sideways and a good set piece delivery. Drummond gets goals and puts in a shift, boxes ticked.

Duffy onto the right, I like the effort he displays but execution needs working on. He loses the ball too cheaply. When on the left flank he always tries to cut back on his right foot, clearly his more favoured foot.....so lets put him in a position where he can be more effective and get a good look at what he can do.

Wilson has had a quiet couple of games. Previously he has been unstoppable going forward, but in the last two games the opportunities to do so have been hampered. This could be due to Duffy not being the best defensively. Whilst we have limited options in this area, and and a defence that is almost at full strength perhaps he should be pushed forward?

Bents for Artell: conceded four goals in a game, time to get the General back in. Casualty has to be Artell, Will Haining is the first name on the team sheet at the moment.

Whatever Sammy does, some tough decisions to make with the players at his disposal.

"Bents for Artell:conceded four goals in a game"

yes but 2 of the 4 were with Artell in and 2 were with Bentley in.

If both are fit Artell is the better player. 5 clean sheets in a row with him in.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Black 29 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:34 am

Allowing for injuries and suspensions.........

Roche

Parrish Bentley Haining Artell Adams

Stanley Drummond Panther

Duffy

Curtis

If Twissy is fit enough swap for Duffy

A solid core, with the option to get Parrish forward with pace and DA forward with quality
Black 29

Postby northstandshrimp2009 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:28 pm

Roche

Adams... Artell... Bentley(C)... Haining...

Twiss... Drummond... Stanley... Duffy...

Curtis... Taylor...
northstandshrimp2009

Postby darrenlock » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:44 pm

I'd play formation 4-5-1.

Making the game very hard for Macclesfield to score with Wayne Curtis as a lone striker.

I think Morecambe could nick this game 1-0 Drummond/Bentley
darrenlock

Postby Christies Child » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:43 pm

Remember Craig Linfield the Liverpool striker who Mark Lillis was impressed with when he was on trial with us a few weeks ago? Well he's just received confirmation that he's been released by Liverpool and has signed a contract with Macclesfield. It looks as though he could be making his debut, albeit on the bench this coming Saturday.

You just know what will happen if he comes on....... :( :( :(
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion