ROCHDALE RIP OFF!!

Re: ROCHDALE RIP OFF!!

Postby Castaway » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:33 pm

The catering was a joke today.

At 2.50pm they had run out of all hot food (pies and burgers) and said they had nothing. However, I enquired about the bacon the lady was frying up behind the young chap serving 'oh yeah, well you can have a bacon sandwich'...'how much?', 'I'm not sure until I run it on the till... but do you want it?'

Maybe they weren't expecting our hoards today but poor show considering we had paid £20.

Having said that, Spotland's a cracking ground and would be happy with a similar (but slightly smaller) for our new stadium.
Castaway

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:44 pm

Castaway wrote:The catering was a joke today.

I've been going to grounds for over 45 years now, and never have I needed to buy any more than a hot drink.
Folk moan about admission, transportation, or programme prices, yet they still somehow seem to have the money to chuck at yuck, overpriced canteen fodder inside football grounds.
Tbh the only joke is the punter.
Get yer missus to make some of your favourite sarnies fcs.
Plain Peter

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:47 pm

Peter wrote:
Castaway wrote:The catering was a joke today.

I've been going to grounds for over 45 years now, and never have I needed to buy any more than a hot drink.
Folk moan about admission, transportation, or programme prices, yet they still somehow seem to have the money to chuck at yuck, overpriced canteen fodder inside football grounds.

:lol: :lol: well said
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:52 pm

shrimpnsave wrote: :lol: :lol: well said

Very kind.
I'm known as a legend.
Or is it leg-end :lol: ;)
A friend of Mark McGhee in fact 8-)
Plain Peter

Postby Morecambe Player » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:05 pm

On the Rochdale website it advertises a family ticket whereby an adult and child will pay a total of £20. An additional adult would pay £15 on the family ticket.

As some friends came with us, including a junior, I suggested to them that they should take advantage of this and ask for a family ticket. However, Rochdale would not sell them a family ticket, stating that they weren't available to away supporters. I was told about this and came outside and physically showed the ticket office the web page which clearly showed the family ticket price, but which did not differentiate between the areas of the ground where the family ticket was available. Despite this, they only said that, firstly, there was no family stand, and secondly that the family ticket was only available in the stand behind the goal! (Is that not by definition the "Family stand" then?) They did say that our friends were welcome to buy a family ticket in that stand, however, firstly, this was not advisable being a home stand only, and secondly, they didn't like a behind the goal view.

Having seen this on the web page, and having advised my friends of this, I felt awful that they then had to play a total of £52, which included the junior paying over double what they should have. I will be writing to the chairman of Rochdale to complain about this, as I believe that yet again, away supporters have been treated badly and the website has misled it's readers.

This is my own personal opinion and not necessarily that of Morecambe Player, or the club.
Lance
Morecambe Player

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:25 pm

Morecambe Player wrote:This is my own personal opinion and not necessarily that of Morecambe Player, or the club.
Lance

I think that the only cast iron guarantee you've got is to make a telephone booking with a credit card (+ charge) or debit card.
Plain Peter

Postby Curly » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:47 pm

NorthernDale wrote:I agree that £20 is too much in Division 2 but we aren't the only ones to charge £20 are we? At least you get the best stand, bets uninteruppted views with the best facilities at Spotland. That is why the Football League allow it. I sit in the opposite stand that has restricted views and no bar facilities and we pay £19. I would much rather pay £20 and have your seats.

You do have the cheapest ground in the league now and I don't know how you survive financially with it. But sadly the rest of us would go bust if we charged £15. Heaven help either of us if we get promotion.

£20 though pal :roll:
I paid less than that for my house ;)
Mind you, i am 147yrs old :?
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Keith » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:29 am

Peter wrote:I've been going to grounds for over 45 years now, and never have I needed to buy any more than a hot drink.

ooh, you really should try the pie, peas & gravy at Christie Park, it's worth the money!

Other than that, I agree, I can quite easily eat properly before the game and then manage an hour & half without eating again!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:15 am

Morecambe Player wrote:Having seen this on the web page, and having advised my friends of this, I felt awful that they then had to play a total of £52, which included the junior paying over double what they should have. I will be writing to the chairman of Rochdale to complain about this, as I believe that yet again, away supporters have been treated badly and the website has misled it's readers.

No wonder we have one of the smallest away followings in the football league. Seems we get ripped-off week-in-week-out and most fans who would normally go more regularly are going less and less.

I myself have only made two away games this season including Carlisle, who did something similar offering student tickets on the Morecambe website but refusing to sell them on the turnstile on the day because 'we only do them for home fans'!!!

When are clubs going to sort their pricing policies out and make it fair for everyone attending the matches? Rochdale seemed to have a dozen different prices with the away fans right at the top. Charging more because 'you have a bar and a food outlet' is bulls*it!
Wild Bill

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:54 am

the worst thing about the day though was that the chippy outside the away stand was closed!
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Minder » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:15 pm

Yes amazed the chippy outside the ground was closed , there were five of us who were counting on them for lunch time sustinence and had to settle for one of the last pies left inside the ground.
The owners would probably had near a weeks takings if they had opened yesterday -- ah well here started the New Year's diet earlier than planned !!
Christies Minder

Postby Christies Child » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:49 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:the worst thing about the day though was that the chippy outside the away stand was closed!

.....just as was 'our' chippy on Boxing Day.

I expected with the visit of Accy it would have been open at lunch time. Obviously must be doing good business.

Will certainly see a fall in trade when we move.

:shock:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:59 pm

Peter wrote:Get yer missus to make some of your favourite sarnies fcs.

Or even better, make 'em yourself!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Mark S » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:30 pm

marky wrote:
Peter wrote:Get yer missus to make some of your favourite sarnies fcs.

Or even better, make 'em yourself!

That was exactly my thought.

"Right love, I am just buggereing off to Football for the afternoon. I would like a packed lunch please. If you could do me some of those Ham, Tomato and Lettuce that I like with a bit of Branston and a sprinkling of salt, that will save me having to buy anything. Dont forget to cut the crusts off"

Hmmm. Not sure I would get out alive! :lol:
Mark S

Postby outsider » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:02 pm

My Better half makes mine as she is glad to get control of the TV remote for a few hours, even picked me up from the coach and dropped me off at the pub last night :o :o :o :shock: still not sure how much it will cost me tho
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Curly » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:21 pm

outsider wrote:My Better half makes mine as she is glad to get control of the TV remote for a few hours, even picked me up from the coach and dropped me off at the pub last night :o :o :o :shock: still not sure how much it will cost me tho

Keep an eye on your credit card bills :lol: :lol: :lol:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Aal » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:11 pm

Am afraid I swallowed my pride and made my lad take off his MFC scarf in order for us to get the £20 Family ticket offer. We sat in the 'family stand' surrounded by loud mouthed opinionated abusive ignorant folk. The stewarding there left a lot to be desired.

We actually had a bit of fun joining in with some of the chants but with slightly different words...lol. We even managed to suppress a cheer when Wayne scored!!

I do feel agrieved however at the rip off nature of this Northern club. Surely it can't be allowed for a £12 disparity for one adult and one child depending on your allegience. Facilities just about identical IMO!!

And while I'm on my high horse, a disabled friend of mine was treated very poorly by Rochdale and unable to take a wheelchair in the £20 Morecambe area.

A poor show all round from Rochdale :evil: :evil: :evil:

Morecambe Player wrote:On the Rochdale website it advertises a family ticket whereby an adult and child will pay a total of £20. An additional adult would pay £15 on the family ticket.

As some friends came with us, including a junior, I suggested to them that they should take advantage of this and ask for a family ticket. However, Rochdale would not sell them a family ticket, stating that they weren't available to away supporters. I was told about this and came outside and physically showed the ticket office the web page which clearly showed the family ticket price, but which did not differentiate between the areas of the ground where the family ticket was available. Despite this, they only said that, firstly, there was no family stand, and secondly that the family ticket was only available in the stand behind the goal! (Is that not by definition the "Family stand" then?) They did say that our friends were welcome to buy a family ticket in that stand, however, firstly, this was not advisable being a home stand only, and secondly, they didn't like a behind the goal view.

Having seen this on the web page, and having advised my friends of this, I felt awful that they then had to play a total of £52, which included the junior paying over double what they should have. I will be writing to the chairman of Rochdale to complain about this, as I believe that yet again, away supporters have been treated badly and the website has misled it's readers.

This is my own personal opinion and not necessarily that of Morecambe Player, or the club.
Lance
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby Keith » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:09 pm

Grimsby allowed Morecambe fans £5 entry with a voucher from the local paper, even though the voucher said home end. Their stewards were excellent too.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:02 pm

Keith wrote:Grimsby allowed Morecambe fans £5 entry with a voucher from the local paper, even though the voucher said home end. Their stewards were excellent too.

Lets hope Grimsby stay up then and Rochdale disappear to League 1 next season!
Wild Bill

Previous

Return to General Discussion