New Stadium prices

New Stadium prices

Postby Christies Child » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:27 pm

A lot has been posted about other clubs charging higher prices for admission than ourselves.

When we move to the new Stadium, I fully expect to have to pay more for my season ticket because of the better facilities and (hopefully) extra leg room.

In addition I fully expect general ground admission to increase as well as a further rise for away supporters.

Will I object.....No!

When you consider the charges made by other clubs for away supporters ( Rochade a fine example) then I would fully back our board in a greater increase in cost to away fans.

For the better matchday facilities on offer, prices should increase.

However I would like to see Ground Car Parking be on a first come basis rather than on the present 'selective' basis. I would gladly pay £3 per game for a place or even better offer it as a further charge on Season Tickets.

No doubt others will disagree.... ;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: New Stadium prices

Postby Old Man Kensey » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:46 pm

You could argue that if the club are debt free and have more income through the new stadium, then prices should stay the same or even drop!
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby darrenlock » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:56 pm

$$$ lol

Listen please Morecambe average attendance is maybe 1,500-2,000. Morecambe should make prices higher lol omg that stadium the new one in Westgate is going to be 6,200 so tell where are the extra 4,500 fans going to be.

I think maybe £200 season ticket price is a very good offer if you think about it clubs in North West like Burnley,Blackburn do the ticket prices slightly cheaper.

I'm saving up for my season ticket hope Morecambe do a special offer to get new fans in the stadium for next season.
darrenlock

Postby campdave » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:00 pm

darrenlock wrote:$$$ lol

Listen please Morecambe average attendance is maybe 1,500-2,000. Morecambe should make prices higher lol omg that stadium the new one in Westgate is going to be 6,200 so tell where are the extra 4,500 fans going to be.

WTF?

I doubt anyone expects the new stadium to be full week in week out.

As for what are acceptable/unacceptable prices, it's pointless speculation until the actual prices are released.
campdave

Postby darrenlock » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:02 pm

I know it wont sell out but come on 6,200 surly if Morecambe did cheaper ticket price and season tickets prices they could average 3000-4000.
darrenlock

Postby Keith » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:03 pm

Christies Child wrote:A lot has been posted about other clubs charging higher prices for admission than ourselves...

...In addition I fully expect general ground admission to increase as well as a further rise for away supporters...

When you consider the charges made by other clubs for away supporters ( Rochade a fine example) then I would fully back our board in a greater increase in cost to away fans.

When you consider the state of many boards and the way they are driving clubs into debt and the brink of extinction, I fully expect our board to do the same...

No, I would be extremely upset if our board were to do such a thing. We have slowly & steadily built a fine reputation for our club, both in terms of treating people fairly as well as the warm welcome from our fans. You'd destroy that on the basis of 'its what other clubs do'?

Christies Child wrote:For the better matchday facilities on offer, prices should increase.

Fortunately we have a board with business acumen. They will, I fully expect, endeavour to set the entrance fee at a level that maximises return. Too low and we lose out on potential income, too high and we drive customers away. I would expect a price increase because we are currently still charging Conference prices.

Christies Child wrote:However I would like to see Ground Car Parking be on a first come basis rather than on the present 'selective' basis. I would gladly pay £3 per game for a place or even better offer it as a further charge on Season Tickets.

No doubt others will disagree.... ;) ;) ;)

I believe the school will be used for parking, They will be charging £3 per car and all the funds raised will be kept by the school, which is an excellent way for the football club to be directly supporting the community.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:05 pm

darrenlock wrote:I know it wont sell out but come on 6,200 surly if Morecambe did cheaper ticket price and season tickets prices they could average 3000-4000.

Is that evidence based or simply a random guess? We have a 6,000+ stadium now and we have the lowest charges in the Football League, how much lower do you think we should go to get that 3,000-4,000?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:07 pm

campdave wrote:...it's pointless speculation until the actual prices are released.

Oy! Without pointless speculation we'd have practically nothing to talk about on Shrimpsvoices! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Old Man Kensey » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:10 pm

I would expect a price increase because we are currently still charging Conference prices

Are we charging Conference prices or are we already close to the ceiling price which people are willing to pay? Glad its not my job to juggle the accounts!
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:19 pm

to be honest I think should have stayed at christie park the price would of gone up 2010/11.

I would be willing to pay at least an extra £2 a game!! for which I think is reasonable, I would like for the club though to look at matching away day prices for fans.

I'E rochdale today charge £20, well we should charge rochdale fans £20....is only fair, is it? we all know that will not happen though!
thegentlegiant

Postby darrenlock » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:37 pm

Not much to do that's why i saided what i saided.

Look Morecambe at chrsitie park its proven more fans in like Bournemouth e.g make the team fired up for the game and i think morecambe should do £10 home ticket prices just to get more locals into the ground you'd have to look at other league clubs reducing prices to get more fans in.

We are in a credit crunch and maybe 2010 it will get worse and Morecambe should remember this and make prices cheaper.

Morecambe have a decent squad with 1-2 new player's could mean a push for play-offs.

Onwards and upwards here we come
darrenlock

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:45 pm

darrenlock wrote:Not much to do that's why i saided what i saided.

Look Morecambe at chrsitie park its proven more fans in like Bournemouth e.g make the team fired up for the game and i think morecambe should do £10 home ticket prices just to get more locals into the ground you'd have to look at other league clubs reducing prices to get more fans in.

We are in a credit crunch and maybe 2010 it will get worse and Morecambe should remember this and make prices cheaper.

Morecambe have a decent squad with 1-2 new player's could mean a push for play-offs.

Onwards and upwards here we come

Word of the day!!

£10 maybe as a one off special not game in game out!! and to be honest teams have tried this and does it get more in, sometimes yes..... but as we have seen with our town, people prefer going to the pub and watching prem teams, its fact and although it's a shame morecambe fc know this!! I am also sure they have plans a foot for trying to convince bigger crowds to attend our football games.

All we can do is wait and see what the club can and will do!
thegentlegiant

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:07 pm

I hope the club are not short-sighted enough to put up the prices next season just because we are in a new stadium. We have a rare opportunity to gain some extra support with the interest the stadium will create and if anything they should go the other way and offer some good deals, particularly on season tickets.

Most fair-weather fans I know believe they already charge too much and you could just as easily go and see a local Premiership team for what Rochdale are charging today.

I was well up for going today but ended up giving it a miss because the people I was lift-sharing with couldn't justify the £30+ cost for 90 minutes of League 2 football. :roll:
Wild Bill

Postby Keith » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:29 pm

If it was free to get in, we still wouldn't fill the ground week in, week out.

The balancing game is not so simple.

If we have an average of 2,000 fans @ £14
Income £28,000

If we drop the price to £10 we'd need an extra 800 fans just to break even.

Would we get an extra 800? Perhaps. Would we guarantee getting an extra 801 to make it worth while? That would be a big gamble for an extra £10.

***Obviously this is illustrative only, some of the 2,000 are kids & OAP's etc and if an extra 800 came we'd sell more pies & programmes etc***

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:40 pm

Agree that a balance needs to be met to stop the club falling short on income but like you say, extra fans will mean more people spending money on other things in the stadium.

Hopefully prices wont go up much, decent incentives will be offered to get a few more floaters in and attendances will go up at least a few hundered ;) We shall see....
Wild Bill

Postby darrenlock » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:47 pm

Yes ok £10 ticket's would be short term gain but these fans will buy morecambe products which will help the club.I think Morecambe need to do everythink to get more fans in no matter what i hope morecambe season tickets are £250 average because i am saving up for one lol.
darrenlock

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:52 pm

darrenlock wrote:Yes ok £10 ticket's would be short term gain but these fans will buy morecambe products which will help the club.I think Morecambe need to do everythink to get more fans in no matter what i hope morecambe season tickets are £250 average because i am saving up for one lol.

darren,,one minute you can spell correctly then the other minute you cant. :?:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby darrenlock » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:00 pm

Everybody im sorry about my spelling i have dyslexia sometimes i type very fast and i don't check what i type when i post what i'm saying.
But i do believe Morecambe should reduce season ticket prices because that way it could mean more fans snapping up cheap ticket's and getting behind the team and Morecambe really do have a strong team for League2 with Barry Roache a player that really should be playing League1 football same as Wilson,and Mark Duffy.

Sorry for my spelling mistake's.
darrenlock

Postby campdave » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:08 pm

darrenlock wrote:But i do believe Morecambe should reduce season ticket prices because that way it could mean more fans snapping up cheap ticket's

Doesn't always work like that though.
campdave

Postby darrenlock » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:11 pm

Dave the stadium is 6,000 and i think it would be a fantastic idea to do a scheme at Morecambe too get more fans in , i know Gillingham (my friend is a gill's) they reduce prices this season and 15% more fans than last seaosn.
Hope Morecambe can nail a second half comeback vs rochdale.
darrenlock

Postby campdave » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:13 pm

darrenlock wrote:Dave the stadium is 6,000

Is it really? Thanks for telling me.

See Keith's post earlier in the thread for how decreasing the price means to need to increase the amount of tickets sold to cover the revenue shortfall. Pointless repeating what's already been said.
campdave

Postby darrenlock » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:15 pm

Sorry lads got time on my hands and i thought i'd discuss options for morecambe that's all
darrenlock

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:24 pm

Keith wrote:If it was free to get in, we still wouldn't fill the ground week in, week out.

The balancing game is not so simple.

If we have an average of 2,000 fans @ £14
Income £28,000

If we drop the price to £10 we'd need an extra 800 fans just to break even.

Would we get an extra 800? Perhaps. Would we guarantee getting an extra 801 to make it worth while? That would be a big gamble for an extra £10.

***Obviously this is illustrative only, some of the 2,000 are kids & OAP's etc and if an extra 800 came we'd sell more pies & programmes etc***

A very sensible post Keith, as well as some others on this thread.
A defo for me, remote as I am, is to not put admission prices up.
The consequences of that could (IMHO) be dire.
Tbh, and I know I'm a toss-pot most of the time, but it does seem to me that without something radical, then bums on seats within the local populus ain't going to increase.
Better to keep things more or less as they are, at least for the first season.
Plain Peter

Postby ezz » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:36 pm

Whoever mentioned the price matching idea is a genius I think. Though I'd modify it abit, so that our away prices = the home prices of the fans that are coming. That way no away fan can say were ripping them off, we make extra money without deterring anyone (as our away prices are near the cheapest in the league) and everyone is a winner. Is that even allowed though?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:44 pm

ezz wrote:Whoever mentioned the price matching idea is a genius I think. Though I'd modify it abit, so that our away prices = the home prices of the fans that are coming. That way no away fan can say were ripping them off, we make extra money without deterring anyone (as our away prices are near the cheapest in the league) and everyone is a winner. Is that even allowed though?

It's a shame the above can't be introduced because it would be much fairer.However current FA rules state that away fans can't be charged more than home fans for the same standard of spectator facilities (or words to that effect). So as it stands currently if we put the away fans behind the goal standing then they pay the same as the home fans at the opposite end also standing.

Where it becomes as clear as mud is Rochdale today. We are sat down opposite the home fans sat in their main stand. They pay less than us?? WHY! This is explained away by one of their fans on here earlier. The reason is we have a bar (counter where extortionately priced crap beer can be purchased) and a food outlet(ran out of food 2 minutes into the half time break)! Rant over but I really wish the FA would get a grip of this if indeed they even give a toss.
Burnley Shrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion