ROCHDALE RIP OFF!!

ROCHDALE RIP OFF!!

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:58 pm

Just been through the prices on their main site and it's more expensive for away fans i.e. £20 adults £12 children, than all the home areas of the ground, with some considerably less.???? I thought that was against FA rules. Thieving *****rds.

In fact an adult can get in Christie Park for a quid more than an away child at their place. :x
Burnley Shrimp

Re: ROCHDALE RIP OFF!!

Postby outsider » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:03 pm

I see they do Family tickets for £20 1 adult 1 child, Would that apply to away fans as well
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Stanley Bowles » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:20 pm

Thats me now im staying at home watching the test match, enjoy your day in the Greater Manchester resort of Rochdale. Watch out for those stone throwing chavs ;)
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby PottedShrimp » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:33 am

Vile bunch aren't they
Squillae parvae sed fortes
PottedShrimp

Postby Keith » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:34 am

I also thought that was now illegal. Perhaps worth dropping the FA an e-mail. I can't remember exactly but I think the comment was along the lines of 'there has to be a significant difference in facilities' or something like that, so if only 'all seating' is available for away fans, you can't have the same price as the standing area for away fans.

Should try the Office of Fair Trading too.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:50 am

Ticket for away fan at rochdale is same as what i paid to watch play off final at wembley v exeter and i know where i would rather watch footy for twenty quid
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Smeggy » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:54 am

If I remember rightly from last year I think we get the worse view in the place to top it off.
Smeggy

Postby moonydale » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:44 am

If you think you get the worst view in the away stand you are in for a shock, you have the best view right facing the tunnel, all seater with catering and a bar under the stand...although I agree that £20 is way over the top, for those not wanting to pay inflated prices for food there is a great Chippy right outside your stand, and for those that think we are a vile bunch or that we hail from Manchester ( that's a dirty word in these parts ) the home end is £14 to get in....if you can get past the stewards at the turnstiles ( no chance with colours on ) then avoid the yellow jacketed imbeciles in the home end you will find us most welcoming and friendly.....enjoy the game and good luck for the rest of the season.....after today that is :D
moonydale

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:46 am

Does that mean game is on moonydale
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Stanley Bowles » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:56 am

I didnt meet that nice Monneydale ,when a minority bunch of Dale individuals went down Queens steet Morecambe intent on looking for problems. I should meet this Moonydale and shake his hand and buy him a pint of the finnest :D
Stanley Bowles

Postby darrenlock » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:05 am

£20 but one child can go with you so that's very good.
darrenlock

Postby moonydale » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:10 am

Stanley Bowles wrote:I didnt meet that nice Monneydale ,when a minority bunch of Dale individuals went down Queens steet Morecambe intent on looking for problems. I should meet this Moonydale and shake his hand and buy him a pint of the finnest :D

That would have been the Dale Yoof as they like to be known, a singular bunch of the worst idiots ever seen.....luckily they seem to have vanished from the radar this season, a loud BOO normally sends them scurrying for the nearest hidey hole though, on the game going ahead issue....there has been no announcement from the club re the pitch or any inspection as yet....the temp is ok over here and last night at 7 the covers went back on after the fans cleared the snow.....the covers were removed at 8am this morning and the pitch looked fine, not frozen but wet in places......the weather is sunny and above freezing here so it's looking good so far, if there is any news from our board I will post on this thread to let you know...... :D
moonydale

Postby moonydale » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:17 am

Report from the ground 2 minutes ago, covers off.......pitch playable, snow piled up around the advertising hoardings but safe......no freezing on the playing surface, ref due at 10.30 to inspect but the fans up at the ground helping say it's looking good for a go ahead.....will keep you updated..... :D
moonydale

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:25 am

might go and change out of red and white and go and try get in behind the goal
heysham_mfc

Postby Stanley Bowles » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:35 am

Decided to go now , up the Shrimps may the good times role :D
Stanley Bowles

Postby NorthernDale » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:48 am

I agree that £20 is too much in Division 2 but we aren't the only ones to charge £20 are we? At least you get the best stand, bets uninteruppted views with the best facilities at Spotland. That is why the Football League allow it. I sit in the opposite stand that has restricted views and no bar facilities and we pay £19. I would much rather pay £20 and have your seats.

You do have the cheapest ground in the league now and I don't know how you survive financially with it. But sadly the rest of us would go bust if we charged £15. Heaven help either of us if we get promotion.
NorthernDale

Postby John L » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:13 am

NorthernDale wrote:I would much rather pay £20 and have your seats.

Come and join us then! We're a friendly bunch.... just don't wear purple otherwise the stewards won't let you in! :lol:
John L

Postby campdave » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:48 am

moonydale wrote: all seater with catering and a bar under the stand

The "Bradford" defence :lol:
campdave

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:20 pm

campdave wrote:

Yes and I bet the prices in our bar and food outlet are very reasonable :shock: On top of £32 for me and a 14 yr old to get in I think I'll fast for the afternoon.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:06 pm

£20 on the day at Daggers.
Right in the corner of the ground, east facing too, flucking shiverish at the mo'.
Fortunately it was summerish when us 100-odd turned up.
Best away seats taken by a Shrimps flag, and a-one-man ear-ache.
Plain Peter

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:56 pm

the stewards were outside as well making sure everyone went in the right turnstile but they missed one who got away ;)
heysham_mfc

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:00 pm

If Hodgie was there I bet he beat the stewards.
Plain Peter

Postby Keith » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:12 pm

Peter wrote:If Hodgie was there I bet he beat the stewards.

Not sure about that! we reckon he was the only Morecambe fan to pay the full £18 at Grimsby :lol: Everyone else had a discounted entry :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:21 pm

Burnley Shrimp wrote:
campdave wrote:

Yes and I bet the prices in our bar and food outlet are very reasonable :shock: On top of £32 for me and a 14 yr old to get in I think I'll fast for the afternoon.

I bet our food outlets have hot food, let alone the prices that were charged. Nothing left at all about 5 mins prior to kick off, only chocolate bars and hot drinks. Superior facilities indeed.
RedRedWine1

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:31 pm

Keith wrote:Not sure about that! we reckon he was the only Morecambe fan to pay the full £18 at Grimsby :lol: Everyone else had a discounted entry :lol:

Aye, but I bet he saved on his rail fare.
Might have taken him two days to get there via Brum New Street and Kings Lynn, but he'll have saved a couple of quid and met some new friends.
Every time he meets his missus it must like an honeymoon ;)
Plain Peter

Next

Return to General Discussion