Acci Game on!

Re: Game on!

Postby Andy » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:24 am

so NED was there then !!!!!!!!! :lol:
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby Aal » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:31 pm

Can I just say I was rather impressed to see the likes of Rod Taylor in his wellies rolling up his sleeves...top man!!
My lad and I had an enjoyable hour doing our bit, and though we were a bit unsure where to prioritise our efforts, it was nice of Dickie Danson to lend us a better shovel, and to thank us when we returned it.
Glad the efforts of a few were able to provide entertainment for many and thanks to Mark S for the tannoy announcement.
Shame about the result but it provided at least 2000 folk the chance to see this fixture this season!
Hope the Rochdale folk are doing the same for tomorrow :D
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby hoooti » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:56 pm

Still very disappointed.

It was me that asked Mark Dixon to consider a brew for the people who had turned up. Which he duly obliged, but if there wasnt a prompt would he bothered or would any of the other Club officials considered.

I have spoken to many people whose opinion was that that the club could have shown more gratitide.

I was never thanked by any Club official. Our efforts generated a lot of revenue for the club, so even a personal thanks that morning would have been nice. Nough' said!
hoooti

Postby outsider » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:06 pm

Read the web site !!!!!
Shrimps' officials would like to thank the supporters who cleared the pitch this morning for their efforts.

FFS :roll:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby campdave » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:01 am

hoooti wrote:Still very disappointed.

It was me that asked Mark Dixon to consider a brew for the people who had turned up. Which he duly obliged, but if there wasnt a prompt would he bothered or would any of the other Club officials considered.

I have spoken to many people whose opinion was that that the club could have shown more gratitide.

I was never thanked by any Club official. Our efforts generated a lot of revenue for the club, so even a personal thanks that morning would have been nice. Nough' said!

next time there's a request, just don't bother turning up, yeah?
campdave

Re: Acci Game on!

Postby mrg1309 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:40 am

http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10866~1916552,00.html

Another thank you message from the club on OS now.

I didn't go down to Christie Park on Saturday for any sort of reward, I went to help get the game on (which we did) that was enough of a reward for me.
mrg1309

Re: Acci Game on!

Postby Keith » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:43 am

Club thanks fans for help in getting Boxing Day game on
Posted on: Mon 28 Dec 2009

Shrimps' supporters who helped clear the pitch of snow and ice to help get the Boxing Day clash against Accrington Stanley played have been thanked by the club.

Chief Executive Rod Taylor, who was among those clearing the pitch with the ground staff and Dickie Danson on Boxing Day morning, said: "It was a wonderful effort from the supporters and in the end the pitch looked fantastic.

"The ground staff, Dickie Danson and myself were down there on Christmas Day and it looked very doubtful. We put a call out for volunteers on Boxing Day morning and we were delighted with the response that we got. It certainly made a difference to the pitch and we would like to thank every person that came down for their work. It was hugely appreciated by the club.''

Probably a good note to end this thread on.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion