Morecambe 1 Accrington Stanley 2 Hunter F/T

Re: Morecambe 1 Accrington Stanley 2 Hunter F/T

Postby shrimper » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:41 pm

Accy deserved the points, no argument with that at all, fair play to them. Didn't think they were dirty at all, one or two snapping at the ankles tackles but nothing too sinister.

They kept the ball better than us and moved better off the ball, whereas we tended to stand and watch after passing.

Strange that we couldn't match them in the 'hassling' department as that's how WE'VE gone on such a good run these past few games, getting in side's faces then playing the football.

Too much route one from us (which, to be fair, we haven't been doing recently).

They always do their homework on us - that's the trait of a club that prepares well and needs to use everything it possibly can to gain an advantage and they do it well. They denied Wilson a lot of room and harried our midfield (though i thought Drummy did well against all that - MoM for me).

As I've said in previous weeks there may be occasions when we have to revert to 5-3-2 and I said pre-match that I thought this may have been such a case - give us a bit more width, get Wilson further forward and just upset their planning a bit. But that all sounds great in hindsight, it may have been a foolhardy decision after such a good run and it may not have worked anyway.

I said after Grimsby that I'd be happy with three draws from our next three games. Now we'll have to get a win at either Rochdale or Macc to get the same points, though I'd have preferred the draws to keep up the unbeaten run.

No need to panic. Just get back to doing what we do well and try to get back on course again.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Mark S » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:47 pm

Hmmm, they were all over Mullins back every time he went up for the ball grabbing him from behind (maybe a different angle had a different perspective?). The Ref missed most of those.

They were also on a mission to take Jevons out. 10 out of 10, they succeeded in that. I just hope all the injuries we picked up yesterday dont cost us long term.
Mark S

Postby Christies Child » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:57 pm

Mark S wrote:Hmmm, they were all over Mullins back every time he went up for the ball grabbing him from behind (maybe a different angle had a different perspective?). The Ref missed most of those.

They were also on a mission to take Jevons out. 10 out of 10, they succeeded in that. I just hope all the injuries we picked up yesterday dont cost us long term.

Exactly how we say the game from our position in the Main Stand also.

They went for both PJ and PM from the off without question. As usual that referee saw nothing and gave us no protection all afternoon.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Stanley Bowles » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:31 pm

All the old Shrimps ,who talk about our deer old mates in Accrington. Oh what a super hero John Coleman was at Morecambe. Yes he was a hero in the Unibond for Morecambe ,that is the past. Stanley keep putting a dent in the Shrimps armer.
Coleman has breed a team of cloggers ,which carnt play football causing injuries to players who are far more skillfull than his. Coleman is still playing like he is in the Unibond, kicking lumps out of all the midfield then booting it up for their frontmen. Sammy mac ,is encouraging real footballing skills and will keep moving forward ,while Shitely will be still taking lumps out of players in League 2 and below. Merry Xmas Mr Coleman :D :D
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby darrenlock » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:48 pm

Tactic's Morecambe were a bit negative its only one match still half a season two go and better player's like Jim Bentley , Manny coming through into first team we'd have the legs to make play-offs
darrenlock

Postby OvertheBar » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:18 pm

darrenlock wrote:Tactic's Morecambe were a bit negative its only one match still half a season two go and better player's like Jim Bentley , Manny coming through into first team we'd have the legs to make play-offs

How about we bring in Bentley alongside Artell and Haining. Pack midfield. Put Curtis and Twiss upfront.

Jim looks to be ready for a game, brim full of energy and he was terrific giving the kids heading practice at half time . Bring him back to inject some grit and enthusiasm. I suspect he would have given the Stanley players a few bruises for their troubles.
OvertheBar

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:15 pm

OvertheBar wrote:
darrenlock wrote:Tactic's Morecambe were a bit negative its only one match still half a season two go and better player's like Jim Bentley , Manny coming through into first team we'd have the legs to make play-offs

How about we bring in Bentley alongside Artell and Haining. Pack midfield. Put Curtis and Twiss upfront.

Jim looks to be ready for a game, brim full of energy and he was terrific giving the kids heading practice at half time . Bring him back to inject some grit and enthusiasm. I suspect he would have given the Stanley players a few bruises for their troubles.

Jim looked like he can't wait to be playing again yesturday
heysham_mfc

Postby steve mfc » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:16 pm

We will not beat Accy again till we match their commitment and show the same attitude regarding the physical side of the game for the FULL MATCH.

We only started to get into the game and put them on the back foot when we matched them in those departments, but we left it to late.

Are Accy a dirty side, well i would say its borderline, but we shouldn't be surprised they were exactly the same when they were in the conference, they don't beat us consistently because they have better players, in fact i would say we have better footballers in just about every position, but unless we match their commitment the results will keep on being the same.

Anyway roll on February and the game at their ground, maybe im a glutton for punishment but the law of averages says that we will play well against them some day and win and that's a day that i look forward too.
steve mfc

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:28 pm

steve mfc wrote:We will not beat Accy again till we match their commitment and show the same attitude regarding the physical side of the game for the FULL MATCH.

We only started to get into the game and put them on the back foot when we matched them in those departments, but we left it to late.

Are Accy a dirty side, well i would say its borderline, but we shouldn't be surprised they were exactly the same when they were in the conference, they don't beat us consistently because they have better players, in fact i would say we have better footballers in just about every position, but unless we match their commitment the results will keep on being the same.

Anyway roll on February and the game at their ground, maybe im a glutton for punishment but the law of averages says that we will play well against them some day and win and that's a day that i look forward too.

We need to feed our lot on raw meat the week before that one. If it's like last season and we politely say after you every time they get the ball then it will be yet another humiliation against them. Unfortunately they have the hoodoo on us big time for some reason and the only way you will get any pleasure as a Morecambe fan that day is by lumping on Accy big time at the bookies. I pray that I am proved wrong, I just can't see it.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby eggchaser » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:50 pm

Not even going to start on how many spelling mistakes and grammatical errors are in this post... how old are you?
Football is a gentleman's game, played by thugs
and Rugby is a thug's game, played by gentleman
eggchaser

Postby marky » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:28 pm

Right, now I'm back in Newcastle I'll provide my comments on the Accy game. To be honest, anything other than defeat would have been a steal. Accrington were 50% better than us in pretty much every area of the pitch. We can count ourselves lucky to have been level at half-time. Personally, I thought our defending was shambolic at times with Artell being by far the worst culprit, though even Parrish, who has impressed me every time I've seen him this season, had something of a nightmare. The less said about the performance of Twiss, the better. It was like having 10 men.

Whilst Accrington are without doubt a physical side, I don't think they are particularly dirty though the officials seemed oblivious to the countless times Mullin in particular was fouled. I also didn't see anything to complain about with Accrington's penalty award. Overall, I thought we were extremely poor.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Weetabix Kid » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:53 am

Darren Kempson seems to have turned into a proper Jimbo jnr, filled out even more!

I have to say Parrish's two mistakes cost us in the end, he just needs to eridcate these moments of madness out of his game and he'd be fine
Weetabix Kid

Previous

Return to General Discussion