Just Back

Just Back

Postby Mike » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:18 pm

Well it wont happen a lot this year, if at all again, so its nice to be able to start the just back thread.

Great to see so many familiar faces that Ive not seen for a while, and so many new faces too.

A lot of new songs, that I didnt recogonise, one that was very catchy to I'm sure it was the sex pistols anarchy tune, but could be wrong, it was also good to see the crowd get behind the lads, but disappointing to see some many young kids either being chucked out or moved, I heard it was just laddish behaviour but cant comment further as dont know the facts.

The football - well if I'm honest, forest deserved their win, the first 20 minutes they were playing with the ref on their side, and scored a soft goal from a freekick, after the ref had booked the forest player and ordered him to take the kick again after they missed first time, second time they scored.

We did well to get to HT just 1 nil down and looked like we might get a goal, 2nd half we opened up and their speed and quality showed.

My players of the match, wayne curtis, as ever a favourite of mine, always bags of effort, and the new keeper roche, kept the score down, from almost chester like heights.

shit report i know, but just a few opinions, see you all again soon.

Mike ( aka derbyshire-reds)
"He's got all the time in the world - no he's taken far too long"
Mike

Re: Just Back

Postby scalehallshrimp » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:14 pm

compeletly outplayed by a very good forest side,their no 17 was best palyer on pitch,just could not get the ball from him, i thought we did well to keep it to 1-0 at half time and p[layed really well for 20 minutes at beginning of second half.But we created very little and howe never had anyone supporting him so we were always goiunt to be second best.Disappointing to lose 4-0 but they are 2 divisionsa above us and it showed tonight
Super support from our supporters,wonder how many went
scal;ehall shrimp
scalehallshrimp

Postby outsider » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:48 am

414 according to the citizen, i think 2-0 or even 3-1 would have been a fairer result, Earnshaw was quality, Ref was a joke, and the young ones !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby james456 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:53 am

From a forest forum:

"Don't get too carried away chaps. Just got back from the game and I can honestly say that Morecambe were one of if not the worst team I have ever seen..Our reserves would have beat them 4 0! Even Notts County would beat them."

Bit harsh, maybe :?

Not a bad performance, the defence just lost concentration as the game wore on and we started conceding.
james456

Postby Morecamber » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:12 am

just got back
worst coach driver i have experienced in my life time
series off events then near a full speed crash
very shocking
us young lads... the ones that got chucked out only got warned and moved what happened to you at the end ben?
sorry about grammar lads im on my psp
Morecamber

Postby Crooky MFC » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:18 am

I thought we played some decent football and I really enjoyed the game, bar the result. I think we can do really well in League 2 with that team ;)

The journey home was just unreal, possibly the closest i have come to death. :shock: Very happy to be back home safe now lol.
Crooky MFC

Postby Moose » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:40 am

Crooky MFC wrote:I thought we played some decent football and I really enjoyed the game, bar the result. I think we can do really well in League 2 with that team

:shock:

Crooky MFC wrote:The journey home was just unreal, possibly the closest i have come to death. Very happy to be back home safe now lol.

No joke.... if they hadn't have swapped drivers before we got home....... well..... can't say on here....but there would have been a mess at Christie!

Disgusting!

Complete arsehole of a driver to put us all at risk!..... TOSSER!

Absolute disgrace.

(Look at that Phoenix! on the very night!, well bloody hell! not a mention of the remuneration package! NO BLAME ATTACHED TO T.C.! well well well?)

By the way, what's it got to do with you anyway?
Bloody conspiracy theories! Stick to your photography.

Yes you did piss me off with accusations of a cover up!

Zip it?
Last edited by Moose on Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Moose

Postby Moose » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:48 am

SHOULD BE BLOODY SACKED!

Flipping... :? arsehole! - to put us all at risk!

(Yes i am wound up!) and i will NOT apologise.
Last edited by Moose on Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moose

Postby Phoenix » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:04 am

worst coach driver i have experienced in my life time

Heard about the journey down, slightly delayed when he reshaped the side of the 1st coach on the gates at CP.
Phoenix

Postby mfcbro » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:12 am

Got back 2.30 am.Just got up at 7.00am.As you can see ive had a lot of sleep.Bailed out at knutsford,cost me £140 for a taxi home after an absolute nightmare of journey,after driving nearly 1000 miles a week for the last 25 years,it was the worst piece of driving i have ever witnessed.2 young kids who simply wouldnt get back on the coach let alone the adults.The coach firm i hear eventually replaced him at forton services so he cant of improved much.Nearly ploughing into the back of a wagon was probably a godsend at least we had chance to ask him what was going on.If we had carried on who knows what would have happened?
mfcbro

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:56 am

scalehallshrimp wrote:compeletly outplayed by a very good forest side,their no 17 was best palyer on pitch,just could not get the ball from him, i thought we did well to keep it to 1-0 at half time and p[layed really well for 20 minutes at beginning of second half.But we created very little and howe never had anyone supporting him so we were always goiunt to be second best.Disappointing to lose 4-0 but they are 2 divisionsa above us and it showed tonight
Super support from our supporters,wonder how many went
scal;ehall shrimp

no.17 was Lee Martin ex Man Utd.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby scalehallshrimp » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:29 am

saying that the forest side included 8 opf the team starting agains reading on saturday,still thought hunter was our outstanding player
scalehall shrimp
scalehallshrimp

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:36 am

I dosed off on the trip back and was woken by shouts of "watch out" looked up and was litterally 2" off the back of an Argos van!

Someone said the driver was on his Phone, texting! bloody idiot!
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Harry » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:55 am

We were thoroughly outclassed as expected but we really should have snuck ourselves a goal. The match report said we had 3 shots and no shots on target, which when you consider how well we played for periods in the game is disappointing. We seemed too happy to "hold the game" and defend for too long, which is fine in an important league match but here we had nothing to lose and in my opinion should have gone for it when we could.

Thought Curtis has made a fantastic improvement on last season and, given a bit of a challenge from possibly a new player, could make the left wing spot his own. On the other hand when Blinkhorn came on, he had all the gumption in the world but unfortunately made little impact. I hope the new lads are still coming out of their shell, as 'twere, and will go on to give us some quality moments this season.
Harry

Postby mel mfc sis » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:56 am

i dont know how you dosed off, i didnt dare shut my eyes incase i didnt wake up again!
the closest i have ever been to an accident and near death. was watching the back of that lorry thinking... is he going to brake? is he going to switch lanes? is he trying to bloody kill us? very lucky that the weather wasnt bad at that point otherwise with the harsh brakng he did after we shouted at him we would have skidded and gone into the back of a lorry. thought it was 2 chevrons, not 2 inches?!
very thankful mike of the taxi back, no chance i was getting back on there or reece, as you sore how terrified he was as we all were.
let me know how you get on and the cost of the taxi.
despite all, was a good night, thought we played well. would consider it as a good performance. feel very strongly that we lack pace on the right hand side and miss thommo! quiet game from Howe, but then again the referee was on his back everytime the ball came anywhere near.
just woke up to rian and wind but i dont care, im just glad im alive!!!
mel mfc sis

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:13 am

You were very lucky the weather was ok, coming past Wigan we came through a heavy shower and my car just started aquaplaning for what seemed like ages more than just the usual quick splash through a puddle luckily I was in the 1st lane not going that fast and no cars were about. It was just a matter of holding on tight and trying to keep it straight.

If your coach had gone through something like that then I dread to think what could have happened.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby campdave » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:18 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:

no.17 was Lee Martin ex Man Utd.

He's still at Man Utd, he's just joined on loan
campdave

Postby mel mfc sis » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:51 am

i wouldnt like to be working in that office today with the amount of complaints they will be recieving. a meeting was being held with travellers choice this morning so hopefully we will get the right outcome.
to think that that driver could put people through a journey like that again terrfieis me and them have to sit it out. at the end of the day he put 50 peoples lives at risk and he should not be driving.
forgot to mention that 40 minutes into the journey on the way back he puled over and said that he had left his glasses on the other coach and had to wait for them to catch up so he could get them. 40 minutes without being able to see the road properly!!!!
mel mfc sis

Postby Butty girl » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:43 am

You also forgot to mention that as we all got on the coach he was on his hands and knees looking for a screwdriver I wondered then if it was for his loose screw. I am afraid of flying but I might be afraid of coach travel now as well.
Butty girl

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:36 pm

I seem to remember we had "Frazer Eagle" providing coaches to the matches early last season and the coaches were in good condition with toilet facilities ,coffee machines etc and most importantly good professional drivers but people were griping because it cost a £1 or so more on their coaches than the competitors and so the company didn't have enough bookings for it to be viable.
Just shows that you get what you pay for.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Jody » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:39 pm

At the time of the near lorry miss I was just texting my mate telling him that I thought the driver was drunk as he'd nearly crashed about ten times. I heard screams, looked up and we were literally 2 foot from the back of a lorry. The most scary journey I've ever been on.
I moved to the back soon after, and clung on for dear life til we got home.
We should have realised something was amiss when he wiped the first coach out on the gates at CP.
Jody

Postby Morecamber » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:41 pm

There willl be more than a few complaints I think :lol:
Also, if Gary was there we would have got another coach driver at CP ;)
The driver really didn't seem bothered at all.

Am I only the one who thinks his driving was worse when got his glasses back.
Morecamber

Postby Moose » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:50 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Just shows that you get what you pay for.

Can't say I agree there, always had a great service from TC before, just that particular driver.
Still can't believe what we went through last night! Just how many curbs did he hit?

Jody wrote:We should have realised something was amiss when he wiped the first coach out on the gates at CP.

And just how fast did he drive through the gates at Christie? Fast enough not to be able to stop for a good 20ft of scratch and the loss of a hubcap!
Moose

Postby MTID » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:52 pm

We should have realised something was amiss when he wiped the first coach out on the gates at CP

Am I only the one who thinks his driving was worse when got his glasses back

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though did anyone collar him and ask him what he is playing at? The thought of someone like that with 50 lives in his hands is a scary thought! Was he pissed? Blind? What?
MTID

Postby Jody » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:55 pm

All 3 I think Neil. Yes people collared him at the services but he had absolutely no explanation for himself. He just seemed totally out of it!
Jody

Next

Return to General Discussion