Rochdale doubtful

Rochdale doubtful

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:15 pm

Match tomorrow could be in doubt according to rochdale website pitch cleared of snow but covers going back on tonight due to freezing temps And after reading the bbc weather site next weekends games could also be in doubt with further snow expected and temps down to minus 4
Blackpool Shrimp

Re: Rochdale doubtful

Postby Christies Child » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:25 pm

For the first time in a long time, I wouldn't complain if the game(s) is off..... ;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:28 pm

Fgh shrimp wrote:Match tomorrow could be in doubt according to rochdale website pitch cleared of snow but covers going back on tonight due to freezing temps And after reading the bbc weather site next weekends games could also be in doubt with further snow expected and temps down to minus 4

a blessing in disguise imo, with the injuries we have,gives us more time to be injury free....
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby NorthernDale » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:38 pm

Don't be too hopeful of a postponement. As somebody who has spent 5 hours moving the snow I know that the pitch is soft underneath and not affected by frost. But there is a lot of snow piled up around the pitch now and we need it to stay cold so that it doesn't melt.

I am 70% confident the game will go ahead. We were the only Div 2 game on 10 days ago (Saturday game that is) despite the sub zero temperatures. The frost covers seem to do their job.

Here's to a good game and you have had a great run recently (as we have). How many do you think will travel?
NorthernDale

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:13 pm

whats the weather like in Rochdale? we have had quite a bit of snow in Morecambe but most of it has gone now
heysham_mfc

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:25 pm

Fgh shrimp wrote:Match tomorrow could be in doubt according to rochdale website pitch cleared of snow but covers going back on tonight due to freezing temps And after reading the bbc weather site next weekends games could also be in doubt with further snow expected and temps down to minus 4

Your always the barer of good news!!! :lol: :lol:
thegentlegiant

Postby NorthernDale » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:59 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:whats the weather like in Rochdale? we have had quite a bit of snow in Morecambe but most of it has gone now

We have had a lot of snow over the past 9 days . Still plenty around. But not had any today/yesterday. Pitch is now cleared after 3 days of fans clearing it.
NorthernDale

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:17 pm

NorthernDale wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:whats the weather like in Rochdale? we have had quite a bit of snow in Morecambe but most of it has gone now

We have had a lot of snow over the past 9 days . Still plenty around. But not had any today/yesterday. Pitch is now cleared after 3 days of fans clearing it.

well looking at the weather looks as though there WILL be a game tommorow
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... ather.html
heysham_mfc

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:28 pm

NorthernDale wrote:Don't be too hopeful of a postponement. As somebody who has spent 5 hours moving the snow I know that the pitch is soft underneath and not affected by frost. But there is a lot of snow piled up around the pitch now and we need it to stay cold so that it doesn't melt.

I am 70% confident the game will go ahead. We were the only Div 2 game on 10 days ago (Saturday game that is) despite the sub zero temperatures. The frost covers seem to do their job.

Here's to a good game and you have had a great run recently (as we have). How many do you think will travel?

Travel? Not so many if it's still £20 like last season. Times are hard, can't you just charge £13 like us??????????????
Burnley Shrimp

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:52 pm

Burnley Shrimp wrote:
NorthernDale wrote:Don't be too hopeful of a postponement. As somebody who has spent 5 hours moving the snow I know that the pitch is soft underneath and not affected by frost. But there is a lot of snow piled up around the pitch now and we need it to stay cold so that it doesn't melt.

Travel? Not so many if it's still £20 like last season. Times are hard, can't you just charge £13 like us??????????????

Agreed, it really gets on my wick that we charge £13 for away teams and we have to pay on average £18 to get into away games!!! I am however still tempted to travel down by the train tomorrow!!
thegentlegiant

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:20 pm

you have to remember though that for the last 3 seasons ticket prices have not gone up so we are still charging people conference prices so don't be supprised if at the new ground you have to pay a bit more for match tickets
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion