Morecambe 1 Accrington Stanley 2 Hunter F/T

Re: Morecambe 1 Accrington Stanley 2 Hunter F/T

Postby maccawozzagod » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:29 pm

first of all i'd like to express my thanks to Mick at the York for a cracking couple of hours, as always.

secondly i'd like to express my thanks to those of you who appreciate what Stanley actually did today rather than what the minority seem to gravitate to.

Every week i read the message boards of teams that we have turned over and there always seems to be a handful who think we have won by cheating or kicking them off the park. I also read on the same message boards more people who appreciate that Stanley are a physical team who try to be the first to every ball and win by virtue of wanting it more than the other side.

Unfortunately due to the well kept and tasty lager in the aforementioned pub, I will struggle to further discuss tonight. But I will leave by saying that 'bigger' clubs than you have felt aggrieved at our 'physical' approach (league fair play stats prove our innocence) and feel that their team should have had more from our encounters. John Coleman has once again managed to produce a top drawer team from an empty purse.
maccawozzagod

Postby Christies Child » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:41 pm

If Accy play like they did today, it's little wonder that their reputation goes before them.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:47 pm

Totally agree with macca what coley as done at stanley is outstanding with no money and average crowds of 1500 the guy should be applauded not slated the guy is ex shrimps legend and as led stanley to 9th in league and 3rd round of fa cup plus semi final of johnstone paints trophy AMAZING
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:56 pm

they wanted it more than us, simple as,it cannot be easy supporting a team sandwiched between premier league giants burnley, and the sunnyfield of football, blackburn, no fans, rovers, should have been 3 1 today, a game tailor made for gritty players like jimbo, danny and wayne :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby OvertheBar » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:58 pm

Stanley stopped our passing game today by getting into us quickly, they outplayed us in most departments and their passing was much more accurate than ours.

However...when Duffy came on he did manage to make them think, his final ball was often poor but he made a positive difference for us going forward.

Wayne did something similar, he looked much sharper than Mullin but should have stuck one in the onion bag from all his chances. Fair play to him for at least getting in the frame and adding some desire to get the ball. I felt more optimistic with him on the park and would like to see him on instead of Mullin from the start.

Our midfield were lacking most of the game and our defence struggled to contain the Stanley forwards. It was disappointing to see the ball humped aimlessly upfield too often.

Let's hope that Sammy gets them fired up for Rochdale and playing 'proper' football again. It may be easier against Rochdale who are a more cultured outfit than the brawlers from Accrington.
OvertheBar

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:52 pm

First of all well done to ref...shit, shocking and dam right useless!!!

1st half stanley dominated!! TRUE yes

2nd half mainly morecambe, from my conversation with a Morecambe player, 100% no pen!!!

I think overall a draw would represent the game better but fair play to accy, they did close down well and got lucky at times!!! Yes you know you did....can't wait till feb we should play much better, shame we now have few injury concerns.

GOOD LUCK TO ACCY!!
thegentlegiant

Postby Martin » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:27 pm

Trouble is, by the time it was "Mainly Morecambe" we were already two down and chasing the game.

We all know how Accrington play. They're physical and close us down quickly. We seem unable to produce any quality in our play which allows them to put us under pressure.

The first half was poor, with them shading it on chances. The second half improved only after the game was running away from us; at least then, we looked more dangerous - but as it turned out, it was too little too late.
Martin

Postby lancasterlivi » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:17 am

you just got beat...by a diddy team...with no fans..(your lots own words)..at home.....face it ffs :roll:
lancasterlivi

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:31 am

lancasterlivi wrote:you just got beat...by a diddy team...with no fans..(your lots own words)..at home.....face it ffs :roll:

Jealousy....one word with so many meanings.....................................................
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Keith » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:35 am

lancasterlivi wrote:you just got beat...by a diddy team...with no fans..(your lots own words)..at home.....face it ffs :roll:

Ahh, a Lancaster City fan having a pop at us... bless...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby KIPAX » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:51 am

KIPAX wrote:
NeilG wrote: Not sour grapes just can't stand cheats !

Class :)

Seriously nowe NeilG thats a class post mate :)

A pound of sour grapes for Neil because he hasn't got any.. no realy he hasn't :)
KIPAX

Postby rickster » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:37 am

Think sammy made the wrong change when jevo went off he should have put wayne on stright away. OK duffy scored a good goal against bournmouth but today he was shit dont think he is ready for league football just yet. i also think curtis deserves a start wenever he has come of the bench he has made a difference.
rickster

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:16 am

mfcbro wrote:Sorry oldhamade if you think Parrish was immense you cant have watched the same game as me.At fault for the 1st goal,miskick that led to the corner,then given away a penalty,otherwise a great game,Not

I was making a comment on how far he's come from his 'just out of a deer womb Bambi days'
The fact that he's been ever present in our winning run oflate is no fluke and for me he looked ten times the player he was when he was left out and ridiculed.
To top it all MOSS can't get a game nowadays and that adds further evidence of intent to my argument.
HALMA 1983

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:23 am

maccawozzagod wrote:secondly i'd like to express my thanks to those of you who appreciate what Stanley actually did today rather than what the minority seem to gravitate to.

Every week i read the message boards of teams that we have turned over and there always seems to be a handful who think we have won by cheating or kicking them off the park. I also read on the same message boards more people who appreciate that Stanley are a physical team who try to be the first to every ball and win by virtue of wanting it more than the other side.

Unfortunately due to the well kept and tasty lager in the aforementioned pub, I will struggle to further discuss tonight. But I will leave by saying that 'bigger' clubs than you have felt aggrieved at our 'physical' approach (league fair play stats prove our innocence) and feel that their team should have had more from our encounters. John Coleman has once again managed to produce a top drawer team from an empty purse.

Couldn't agree more! To say that Stanley were all but wound up not months ago makes it all the more incredible at just how good a side you have there, your league position tells no lies and I hope you can keep it going.
For us I hope this result is a wake up call and a jolt in preparation for a real toughy against the best side in the league,
HALMA 1983

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:33 am

Stanley wanted it more than us and that's why they took the points. Every 50/50 they won and for an hour they were the better team and they stopped us playing.

We all know about Accy's style of play and tactics so it's no great suprised when every year they do the same so instead of complaining about it we should be ready to mix it with them and be up for the scrap just as much with a game plan to match them.

I think what gets me is that we let them bully us so easily as Christie Child said when it comes to mixing it with them we were nowhere. A few times their players went on attacking runs right through the middle of our team and we seeemed to give them lots of space where as Accy gave us none and closed us down all the time.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Wigan Shrimp » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:26 am

Gutted leaving a Morecambe v Accy game... again!

Don`t know why though, should`ve expected it. Coley gets them firing on all cylinders every time against us. Perhaps he feels a greater rivalry than anyone else and gets his players to play like its their cup final every single time they play us.

Comitted, aggressive, in your face, full of energy... yes.
Dirty, cynical... probably?
Effective.... definitely!

We seem incapable of showing anywhere near the same level of passion in this fixture, perhaps we should just acknowledge that and do a Wolves... accept defeat, play a 2nd string XI, rest players and more importantly avoid the injuries that Coley`s troops will almost inevitably inflict on some of our key players! :o :o ;)

So, I`m down, but not deflated... it`s tough to take on the day, but just like our previous two FL seasons, we`ll finish above Accy.... such high levels of passion and energy are inevitably temporary (or sporadic at best), whereas talent and ability are attributes that last longer!

I`m far from convinced that we`ll make the top 7, but we`ve still got a decent chance of doing so. Thankfully, I`m pretty confident Accy won`t, which is great news for us as I`m sure there`d only be one winner were we to meet in the play-offs!
Wigan Shrimp

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:27 am

My thoughts from yesterday.

1/ Well done to all who helped to get the game on.

2/ Out thought/played by John Coleman yet again.

3/ Accy' were physical but not dirty. Football is sometimes a very physical game and you have to earn the right to play football. Accy did this for most of the game and we didn't. Simple as.

4/ For 70 mins it looked like Accy were playing in a cup final and we were playing in a pre-season friendly.

5/ No disrespect to Accy but how the hell is Coleman still their manager? It's one of the great mysteries of football to me that he hasn't moved up the ladder. Imagine if he was at a club with better resources!

6/ I am a Coleman fan from when he was a player for us. I know we have a solid management team but I'd crawl over broken glass to let Coleman have a go with us sometime in the future.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:31 am

whats that make you!? Acccy are a lot bigger than you lot :?
George Dawes

Postby Mike Blackstone » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:37 am

As a neutral - who incidentally enjoyed the game - I felt the better team won. Stanley seemed faster and more up for the game than the Shrimps for a large part of the game.

I couldn't remember a shot of any note from Morecambe in the first half, wheras Stanley could and should have scored during that time. In my view they deservedly took the 3 points.

I should have stayed away. First time I have been to Christie for a while. So probably put a jinx on the occasion! However, as I said, a good afternoon's entertainment.
Mike Blackstone

Postby Christies Child » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:57 am

Mike Blackstone wrote:As a neutral - who incidentally enjoyed the game - I felt the better team won. Stanley seemed faster and more up for the game than the Shrimps for a large part of the game.

I couldn't remember a shot of any note from Morecambe in the first half, wheras Stanley could and should have scored during that time. In my view they deservedly took the 3 points.

I should have stayed away. First time I have been to Christie for a while. So probably put a jinx on the occasion! However, as I said, a good afternoon's entertainment.

Hope you come back.

If it was entertainment that you wanted, then you got it in abundance. :)

To us devoted followers, the result that was all that mattered especially v the old enemy. :(
Christies Child

Postby outsider » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:28 am

We got beat by a team who wanted it more.......simples

Also isn't this the same manager who was top of so manys shopping list to take over us 8-10 weeks ago? I'm, so glad the people in charge have more sense than some on here, If we played that very physical style of football every week i think our gates would drop to 1000-1200 each week as well.

Chins up onwards and upwards to Rochdale, and back to playing football, the last 2 games have been pysical and we have been found wanting but when we play the game on the ground there are not a lot of teams who can match us, are we league 2 Arsenal?
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Vinny » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:38 am

I agree and accept the team that wanted to win the most went away with the points. Credit to JC for tactics and motivation.

I think there were several possible reasons why we were below par:

1) Training during the week must have been affected by the weather (but same for both teams, so not a plausible excuse).

2) Even 12 hours before the game, did any of our team really expect the game to be on? Black-ice and snow didn't look good and I think half-hearted preparation may have crept in and the below par performances by most of our team suggested that.

3) Full credit to the fans for getting the pitch cleared, but the heavy playing surface appeared to affect our slick passing game and we showed little to match the tackling, chasing down and commitment shown by the Accy players.

4) I suspect an element of over-confidence and complacency has crept into out team since the outstanding performance and result against Bournmouth. In the two games since, we have allowed the opposition to come at us and not created many chances ourselves, and whilst it made sense not to change a winning team, I think it's time for a more gritty midfield player (Panther or McClachlan?) to at least come off the bench.

5) The phyisical game by Accy did target our strikers without much protection from the officials and has left us with injury list problems.

6) When we did pick up our game we were unlucky to hit the post and not take the late chances created, but you can't play a game for 20 minutes and expect to win. Curtis made a difference when he came on and I hope he can continue this endeavour against 'Dale (weren't they interested in him a couple of seasons ago?). Time for him to show what they missed out on.

7) Whilst it's dissappointing for us lose to Accy and in front of a decent home crowd again, we can't expect to win every game, and I think it is better we have a blip in form now rather than later in the more crucial part of the season.

To finish on a more positive note, imagine if we had won either yesterday or at Grimsby, I think a few of our key players would be more likely to have been poached by other clubs in the Jan window. We are in a good position in the league going into the New Year, we know we can kick on from here to when it really counts. Exciting times ahead! Oh, and another great goal by Garrry Hunter!
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby Christies Child » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:55 am

6/ I am a Coleman fan from when he was a player for us. I know we have a solid management team but I'd crawl over broken glass to let Coleman have a go with us sometime in the future.[/quote]

Maybe he'd do the same to get the chance of managing us... :?: :?: :?:

Coley still has a lot of support at MFC and he still has high regard for us as was demonstrated in last nights post match interview on Radio Lancashire.

Personally I don't think any move for Coley or anybody else for that matter will materialise this season as Sammy has proved me and other doubters wrong....AGAIN! :D :D :D
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:58 am

Christies Child wrote:
Personally I don't think any move for Coley or anybody else for that matter will materialise this season as Sammy has proved me and other doubters wrong....AGAIN! :D :D :D

I'm sure you'll be "asking questions" soon enough, "depending on results".
campdave

Postby Christies Child » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:09 pm

campdave wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

I'm sure you'll be "asking questions" soon enough, "depending on results".

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion