O/T Bad news for Lancaster

Re: O/T Bad news for Lancaster

Postby Keith » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:26 am

the reason Lancaster can't compete with York & Kendal (or Durham) is because of the mess made in the 60's. It hasn't got enough 'charm' left in the centre. Improving transport so it isn't gridlock would help. Perhaps that's the MBI's objection to the bypass? They think if it improves the road conditions around Lancaster, even less people will go in to Morecambe?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: O/T Bad news for Lancaster

Postby Joel Ninety » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:42 pm

bigreddog wrote:
P/T Indie wrote:I could think of a nice bit of waste land on the prom where some of these shops could be built if Lancaster don't wont them.

Amen to that. Unfortunately Lancaster has it's tree hugging luddites, we've got ours.

I'd just love it if politicians of all persuasons would recognise that it's their role to create the environment for private enterprise to thrive and provide jobs, rather than coming up with empty excuses why they shouldn't be there in the first place.

In our case it's always the old chestnut about " leisure facilities" which is code for " I haven't really got a clue what the alternative is, but I'd rather propose something that wouldn't make a profit or attract investment in a month of sundays than support this development."

Exactly. Plus why would these shops want to open in Morecambe if shoppers from outside the local area can't get to them because there's no bypass?
Joel Ninety

Previous

Return to General Discussion