Morecambe 1 Accrington Stanley 2 Hunter F/T

Morecambe 1 Accrington Stanley 2 Hunter F/T

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:46 pm

Same team as Grimsby then :?:
heysham_mfc

Re: Morecambe 0 Accrington Stanley 0

Postby Keith » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:48 pm

Accrington having the best of the first half with at least one good save required from Roche. Morecambe yet to test their keeper. Phil Jevons had to go off after about 40 minutes.

Half time, let's hope SM can get them fired up for the second half.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe 0 Accrington Stanley 0 H/T

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:50 pm

Sounds like we are playing awful
Blackpool Shrimp

Re: Morecambe 0 Accrington Stanley 0 H/T

Postby The Bay » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:55 pm

Not a great half for the Shrimps, difficult conditions under foot to be fair. Accy had better of chances, one great save from Baz from a free kick. Jevons has gone off with a knock, Twissy now up front with Mullin, Duffy out wide left.

Accy also had a very tight offside decision go against them, and probably should have had a penalty too.

Up the Shrimps!
The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Re: Morecambe 0 Accrington Stanley 1

Postby Keith » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:14 pm

0-1 :cry: Sounds like it's been coming.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe 0 Accrington Stanley 2

Postby Keith » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:22 pm

0-2 Very dodgy penalty awarded because Parish made a good tackle. "Ridiculous decision" according to Morecambe Player.

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe 0 Accrington Stanley 2

Postby Keith » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:25 pm

3478 attendance. Shame we didn't manage a Bournemouth style of game today. Bloody Acci are always a bogey team.

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe 1 Accrington Stanley 2 Hunter!

Postby Keith » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Gary Hunter with an excellent strike! Come on, still time to get back in to this game!

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe 1 Accrington Stanley 2 Hunter F/T

Postby Harry » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:34 pm

The penalty decision was correct from where I was sitting. Parrish didn't look too clever sliding around the penalty area although having not watched Morecambe since the Notts County game I thought he was better than I've seen previously.

It's ridiculously frustrating to watch us against Accrington - such a dirty team but they get away with it. Certainly a very exciting game to watch, but disappointing not to get a point.
Harry

Postby Mark S » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:57 pm

Accrington once again came with a plan to kick us off the park and it worked. Why couldnt the Ref see it?

I usually have respect for any team that beats us. No respect to them.
Mark S

Postby NeilG » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:10 pm

Mark S wrote:Accrington once again came with a plan to kick us off the park and it worked. Why couldnt the Ref see it?

I don't mind getting beaten, we didn't play that well to be fair but the Accrington way was to win today at any cost even if that meant deliberately injuring fellow professionals. No respect for cheats and Coleman clearly coaches cheating and continues to bully and prosper under weak officials.
Last edited by NeilG on Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NeilG

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:12 pm

To be honest though their offside goal looked onside, the officials today were shite, and our passing was not up to much, overall they deserved the win, but they bullied us in midfield, and we have players that could have stood up to that a bit more, we won t go up or down, nice to see a few more locals putting bums on seats :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:23 pm

Mark S wrote:Accrington once again came with a plan to kick us off the park and it worked. Why couldnt the Ref see it?

Totally agree Mark.

We are a bloody good footballing side. But when it comes to mixing it we seem to fall short.

Accy are well known for their bully boy tactics and it worked again today.

It looked to me as though both PJ and PM were targets from the first whistle, and with no protection offered by the ref it was always a question of when not if either would have to go off. However ever we time we have that ref it's the same...no protection from the bully boys and thugs of the game!

Unfortunately when PJ went off I felt Sammy made a tactical error in putting Duffy on and playing Twiss in the middle. Duffy is too lightweight and neither Twiss of PM are the quickest around. For me he should have replaced PJ with Wayno who we all know is capable of taking it as well as giving it.

The next 2 games are crucial. We must get at least 3 points from one of the games to remain in contention.

With the transfer window about to open, I wonder if some action to secure a further striker with bags of pace is on the cards. If we need to get players out on loan to release some money then Danny Adams and Henry McStay seem the logical choices.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:25 pm

i watched the game from carwash stand for a change, and how i saw it was there work rate and composure passing the ball was better than ours, and felt we was playing to many long hit & hope balls up to Mullin with Accy being happy for Morecambe to do that all day long

although we had a good spell in the 2nd half and when Hunter scored i felt comeback could be on the cards but not to be
George Dawes

Postby campdave » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:27 pm

Duffy was terrible. Struggling to remember a final ball passed to a player in a Morecambe shirt.

Sure, Stanley were rough and ready, but any side that closes us down and deprives us of time on the ball seems to get the better of us. Wilson hardly saw any of the ball today, and we were crying out for his creativity down the wing.

Oh well, the run had to come to an end sometime. Let's see us bounce back on Monday.
campdave

Postby KIPAX » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:47 pm

NeilG wrote: Not sour grapes just can't stand cheats !

Class :)
KIPAX

Postby james456 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:54 pm

I thought Duffy was one of our best players today. His passing was poor but his overall contribution was good I thought. He showed some flashes of skill and put plenty of good crosses into the box. And he played for 50 minutes today, instead of his usual 15 off the bench.
james456

Postby campdave » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:56 pm

james456 wrote:I thought Duffy was one of our best players today.

That's a damning assessment of our performance today. Time and time again, he squandered possession on the edge of the box.
campdave

Postby james456 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:00 pm

campdave wrote:

That's a damning assessment of our performance today. Time and time again, he squandered possession on the edge of the box.

True but he was also our only threat from out wide so I'd give him a pat on the back after today.
james456

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:06 pm

Firstly: Respect to the fans who gave up their time to clear the pitch early doors so we all had a game to watch.

As for the game itself :? We looked 2nd best to virtually every 50/50 ball and what we lacked was there in bucket loads throughout their side and that's DESIRE
Number 14 Ryan was a classic example of commitment and never say die, Yes things changed for the better when Wayne replaced Paul Mullin (who I really like but would have been left out of this one for me)
A Stanley player for 9 years and obviously had no heart to spoil colemans party (coleman himself had a joke on R.Lancashire)

Terrific goal from Gary and Andy Parrish was immense but yet again the usual story.......................................I hope to see us beat these before i'm laid to rest but i'm hearing the last rites already as far as that one goes :lol:
HALMA 1983

Postby George Dawes » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:09 pm

james456 wrote:
campdave wrote:

True but he was also our only threat from out wide so I'd give him a pat on the back after today.

huh! it wasn't just Duffy :?

i thought just about every players passing was below standard today
George Dawes

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:26 pm

they all looked as though they had eaten too much turkey and overhung,no fight,very little skill accy deservrd the points,we were very poor with twiss probably the worst of thew lot.Need to snap out of it if we mean business.So disappointing when we had the opportunity to show an extra 1500 over our normal gate how good we are,those floaters will not come back after that diabolical display
scalehallshrimp

Postby Dazzer » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:05 pm

Sorry mate disagree with you on that. What was the yellow card count in the end 3 to them 2 to us?

Yes they were physical, and incredibly quick to every ball, but dirty? no definately not IMO.

Very difficult team to play against, only Rochdale have impressed me more this season, first and foremost to me they are 'spoilers' - stop the opposition from playing their game, but as I said they are quick and physical, so always likely to get something when the chance arises.

I won't be going to Accrington in February, simply because I know every time we play them it is a depressing and frustrating experience, and for that you have to give every respect to Mr. Coleman
Last edited by Dazzer on Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dazzer

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:10 pm

we don't deserve to win today just din't play well at all fair play to Accy for getting the points today they were the better side
heysham_mfc

Postby mfcbro » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:11 pm

Sorry oldhamade if you think Parrish was immense you cant have watched the same game as me.At fault for the 1st goal,miskick that led to the corner,then given away a penalty,otherwise a great game,Not
mfcbro

Next

Return to General Discussion