Lets put it behind us and look forward to Saturday

Lets put it behind us and look forward to Saturday

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:31 am

Last night was the first Morecambe game I've ever been to where I was embarrassed by our own supporters.

For the first half we sat right in front of the group of young ones to soak up a bit of atmosphere and join in with the singing. Big mistake!
At first, singing "stand up if you love Morecambe" when the stewards were asking us to sit down was pretty funny and I'm all for a bit of light humoured cheekyness, but then it got rediculous.
The foul language that came from some of the druken teenagers behind us just crossed the line. swearing, druken, angry looking kids is not the image we want to be promoting!
For the second half we decided to move to the other side and enjoy watching the game without being swarmed all over by the stewards and putting up with foul and abusive language from our own support. Unfortunately some of the young lads were moved next to us by the stewards and continued to swear and act lairy, but this time it was in front of kids, setting a really good example for our next generation of supporters! i think not.
When challenged by us they said "we're just supporting our club" , since when was disrespecting stewards, swearing and angry drunkeness supporting your club! for large parts of the game last night they weren't even watching the match, they were more interested in goeding the stewards and making a nuisence of themselves.

This, in the week we are voted most friendly fans and only a couple of weeks after signing an FA initiative to stop swearing throughout our ground.

As for the "catchy" have some have put it, sex pistols/anarchy song, it sounds crap and slightly sinister, almost like the "no surrender" of the hooligan days. We have Bring me sunshine, but even that was sung at double time and completely ruined it.

I sincerely hope that this was a one off performance by these teenagers simply due to a drink fuelled afternoon on a certain coach.

:x :x Rant over....
Last edited by North Stand Shrimp on Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
North Stand Shrimp

Re: Druken youths spoilt the game....

Postby mfcboy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:08 am

come on the stewards pathetic you have got to say i got moved to the other side they cant take us having a laugh and we barely did anything wrong if the kids come to a football game get use to it for crying out loud and am the lad in the tracksuit who got moved first i dont care what you say but it was a bit of fun i did not barely swear and i tried keep on singing swinging me shirt around for fun and they never picked on adults who did it did they no they picked on the kids teenagers because they was to scared to say out to the adults and because 50 morecambe fans sang out the notts forest fans
mfcboy

Postby mfcboy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:15 am

o north stand shrimp they was supporting there club they barely did anything wrong swearing come on its football think about it and we was not all drunk or angry just the stewards picked on teenagers not adults and loads of adults said that aswel !
mfcboy

Postby Morecamber » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:16 am

Sorry for joining in on the discussion, but I do have to admit there were adults above us standing up etc.
Morecamber

Postby The Red Knight » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:23 am

North Stand Shrimp wrote:We have Bring me sunshine, but even that was sung at double time and completely ruined it.

Agreed. A great song that is totally ruined by the pace it gets sung at.
The Red Knight

Postby Moose » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:27 am

Not often I have a say on things like this, but last night really got to me.
Pathetic, annoying kids. Grow up.
If you are told to sit down then by all means have a bit of a laugh with the 'Stand up' chant, but last night was well over the top, unfunny and completely annoying. I would have kicked the lot of you out after well.... about the 5th time..
Would you have carried on if the Police had been there with a video camera?.... no, I think not.

'Just a bit of fun' - No.... No it wasn't.

And for the record, they did have a word with a few adults who should have known better.

For me, the stewards did a good job last night and were very..... VERY light handed.

I honestly would have helped them chuck you out. You annoyed me and a lot of other people around me. (Who would also have helped remove you)

Grow up. A bit of fun is a bit of fun, but last night was over the top and pathetic.
Moose

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:29 am

Morecamber wrote:Sorry for joining in on the discussion, but I do have to admit there were adults above us standing up etc.

Standing up, I don't have a problem with, if the stewards had left them to it from the start then I'm sure there would have been no problem. Also I think it is a silly rule that doesn't seem to be applied properly, leading to supporters feeling they are being victimised.

But.... rules are rules, we know by now before we get to a ground that this is going to be asked of us and we are simply being anti-social to battle against it. If you don't like the rule, then don't don't go in the ground. when we eventually get our new stadium and our own stewards are asking us to sit down are we going to meet them with the same contempt and abusive language?

My point was, the abuse that the stewards were met with from some of the teenagers, not all but a minority of maybe half a dozen was unaceptable.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby mfcboy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:32 am

Some of us barely did anything wrong they never picked on the adults and some of the kids where not bad i got moved and i barely did anything wrong love to see them with loads of away fans bet they dont have a clue nice one lads for the singing best noise ever to the people who did sing !!
mfcboy

Postby Morecamber » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:34 am

Now then, I stood up when everyone else did and I was in that group.
I didn't get warned or anything because I wasn't abusive to the stewards or anything, if I got told to sit down I did so. Also, I only stood only on a few stand up if you love Morecambe.

I was fine.

There were some people though who were abusive and refused to sit down etc they got warned and still broke the rules.
Heck, there were some people that got warned and that was them quiet for the rest of the night.
Morecamber

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:41 am

Like I said, it was a minority that took it too far.

As for best siinging ever.....I'd have to say Ipswich away in the FA cup was 100% louder and much more good natured.

Thats the kind of support we got our good rep for!
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Morecamber » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:44 am

Edit: Never Mind.
Last edited by Morecamber on Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Morecamber

Postby mfcboy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:46 am

North stand shrimp forget about it now and for the to teenagers who where argueing with you go them they barely did anything wrong you just stuck you nose in pal they barely swore i was near them when i got moved for no reason!! so i decided to carry on trying make some noise
mfcboy

Postby nobbyshrimp » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:00 am

mfcboy wrote:o north stand shrimp they was supporting there club they barely did anything wrong swearing come on its football think about it and we was not all drunk or angry just the stewards picked on teenagers not adults and loads of adults said that aswel !

Are you for real :!:
come on its football think about it What has all this bad behaviour got to do with football? You're a disgrace if that is your attitude :!: Don't even go there if you think I am a silly old fool or a bit of a party pooper :!: Swearing+shoting abuse has nothing to do with football and portrays a poor image to any kids in the area who also get frightened. Shouting, singing, enjoying the atmosphere or even making the atmosphere are all about football but what you are saying just lets everybody down and can stop some people from returning again. MFCboy....sounds about right to me :lol: Damn I shouldn't have said that..nobbyshrimp :oops:
Rant over!
nobbyshrimp

Postby mfcboy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:04 am

Am not saying its right but the thing is they barely swore we barely where bad and plus he started the arguement not the to teenagers there would of been no argueing if he did not have a go at them i love singing haveing a laugh and i got moved for nothing aswel loads of people said one thing if i go to notts county better not be same stewards !!
mfcboy

Postby nobbyshrimp » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:09 am

OK. Done, dusted + time to move on!
Bored already!
nobbyshrimp

Postby mfcboy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:10 am

Good !!
mfcboy

Postby mfcboy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:40 am

Lets delete this forum since we did not spoil the game really that much get it off !!
mfcboy

Postby Freez » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:43 am

I think the opinions on this need airing at the moment.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby mel mfc sis » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:47 am

i was a little embarassed by the reactions and how they had to be split up form the 'banter' part of the crowd. yeh fair enough its a football match and we only followed on from what we were doing last season with singing and swearing etc, but there are new initiatives now and we have to respect the rules of other clubs.
after just a couple days of being announced the most liked club in the country i felt very embarassed and ashamed that there are always a few that let the support down.
was speaking to one of the stewards on the way out after a few had been thrown out and he was saying that there were no police because of excellent reputation for good behaviour. felt a bit embarassed by that too.
lets just keep to the new initiatives and respect other clubs and staff to keep our good reputation and say after every away game that we are proud to support our club with every member of the support of our club.
mel mfc sis

Postby mfcboy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:53 am

Embarrased come on we barely swore we wasent agressive really i mean it those stewards touched me takeing me other side i did not do anything wrong and plus he was gonaget hold of me arm when talking to me again was not happy about that
STAND UP IF YOU LOVE MORECAMBE
this is true stewards picked on kids not any of the older lot because they are ever scared or j ust like picking on teenagers
mfcboy

Postby Moose » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:08 am

Are you still drunk? - or does your typing match the way you talk? :?

As I questioned before, 'would you have carried on if the Police had a camera on you'.... as they had at Bury?
I'll answer that for you
No, you wouldn't.
Do you honestly believe the Police would have seen it as a bit of harmless banter?
I'll answer that for you as well.
No, they wouldn't.
Do you think that if we ever went back to their ground their might be a couple of Policemen (or women)..... (sorry Stan) there to back up the stewards because of your behaviour?
Probably.
You could start your long progress in the growing up process by apologising to the majority of supporters who thought you went over the top with your 'enjoyment of the game'.
Moose

Postby mfcboy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:20 am

Fair point am not saying sorry for anything i did not do anything wrong but if you think some of us did well am sorry !! now lets forget this and move on
mfcboy

Postby Wild Bill » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:48 am

mfcboy wrote:come on the stewards pathetic you have got to say i got moved to the other side they cant take us having a laugh and we barely did anything wrong if the kids come to a football game get use to it for crying out loud and am the lad in the tracksuit who got moved first i dont care what you say but it was a bit of fun i did not barely swear and i tried keep on singing swinging me shirt around for fun and they never picked on adults who did it did they no they picked on the kids teenagers because they was to scared to say out to the adults and because 50 morecambe fans sang out the notts forest fans

Try saying that without breathing! :lol:

Agree with both sides of the arguement. They weren't doing too much wrong, just boys being boys.
It seemed once one of them had a ticking off by the serious looking steward, they all wanted a bit of cred. Some of them looked like kids on the backstreet of the school bus trying to squeeze on a handful of seats together. :lol: Putting them 'in isolation' reminded me of my old chemistry lessons! :lol:

Yes they might be a bit childish and annoying to some of the older fans but they will grow into future adult fans of our club. Don't be too hard on them or they might find another club to support. Telling them to sit down and SHUT UP annoys me because they certainly helped to create a decent atmosphere last night.
Wild Bill

Postby MTID » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:55 am

I was stood at the back near the kids, and it was only 3 or 4 who were going over the top, due to a bit to much shandy! But no one was chucked out just moved.

Putting them 'in isolation' reminded me of my old chemistry lessons!

:lol: :lol:

Ive got to stick up for the rest of them though. There was no abusive chants to stewards and the most abusive they got to the Forrest fans was ''Your not famous anymore'' They tried singing all the usuall songs and i cant recall to much swearing either.

At least they tried making some kind of atmosphere, for i thought the rest of the MFC faithfull were dead it was that quiet.
Last edited by MTID on Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
MTID

Postby mfcboy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:57 am

At least some one agrees with what i am saying even though you agree with the other argument aswel. I no what there trying to say aswel but it did not seem that way to some people
mfcboy

Next

Return to General Discussion