NORTH SOUTH EAST WEST---totally confused!!!

NORTH SOUTH EAST WEST---totally confused!!!

Postby 1953 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:52 pm

The MAIN stand as I understand it will be nearest the main road.(SOUTH SIDE).According to this week"s VISITOR The south side all -seater section of the ground is taking shape.(Correct, O.K. so far).It then goes on to say the "West" facing 2000-capacity "main stand " is expected to be up by Xmas.(SURELY THE MAIN STAND WILL BE NORTH FACING) . Please tell me if I am correct or put me right otherwise.

Re: NORTH SOUTH EAST WEST---totally confused!!!

Postby Christies Child » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:04 pm

1953 wrote:The MAIN stand as I understand it will be nearest the main road.(SOUTH SIDE).According to this week"s VISITOR The south side all -seater section of the ground is taking shape.(Correct, O.K. so far).It then goes on to say the "West" facing 2000-capacity "main stand " is expected to be up by Xmas.(SURELY THE MAIN STAND WILL BE NORTH FACING) . CONFUSED!!!!

Possibly it should have read 'HOME stand'....?????

As for it being up by Christmas.....on the evidence of a few hours ago I very much doubt it...unless they are working night and day with extra labour brought in. Didn't look to me as though any construction work on it was underway.

As long as it's completed on schedule and meets League criteria.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby 1953 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:23 pm

Home stand will be East facing!!!!

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:02 pm

The stadium will be four sided and consist of;

The main stand on the south side of the pitch,

The home stand to the west of the pitch,

The away stand to the east of the pitch,

An uncovered standing terrace to the north of the pitch opposite the main stand.

The main stand will accommodate 2173 spectators, all seated. Internal facilities on three floors will include, on the ground floor, advanced changing, first aid, gym and office facilities for players and management and on the public side, a bar, club shop and reception area.

On the first floor a 387m sq hospitality suite for matchday use. This large room can be sub-divided into three separate areas for smaller functions and private parties. This area will be available throughout the year for non-matchday functions. It will also be available for conferencing use, for up to 360 people.

On the second floor are five private boxes which will each accommodate 10 people, a sponsors' lounge for 24 people, and the directors' lounge. All will have private catering facilities and their own 'bird's eye' view of the action.

The new home stand will accommodate 2234 standing spectators and will have bar and catering outlets in a large enclosed concourse to the rear of the stand.

The away stand will accommodate 1389 standing visitors and will have its own bar and catering outlet.

And finally, the open terrace opposite the main stand will accommodate 606 standing home fans with catering facilities available.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:15 pm

Christies Child wrote:
1953 wrote:The MAIN stand as I understand it will be nearest the main road.(SOUTH SIDE).According to this week"s VISITOR The south side all -seater section of the ground is taking shape.(Correct, O.K. so far).It then goes on to say the "West" facing 2000-capacity "main stand " is expected to be up by Xmas.(SURELY THE MAIN STAND WILL BE NORTH FACING) . CONFUSED!!!!

Possibly it should have read 'HOME stand'....?????

As for it being up by Christmas.....on the evidence of a few hours ago I very much doubt it...unless they are working night and day with extra labour brought in. Didn't look to me as though any construction work on it was underway.

As long as it's completed on schedule and meets League criteria.

agreed don't know how much of it is but but with these weather conditions and the time scale there is no chance it will be up by christmas
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimper » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:27 pm

Depends what you mean by 'up' doesn't it?

Won't be completed, as in seats in place and function rooms fitted out - obviously.

But steelwork isn't far from being erected and concrete in place.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:31 pm

shrimper wrote:Depends what you mean by 'up' doesn't it?

Won't be completed, as in seats in place and function rooms fitted out - obviously.

But steelwork isn't far from being erected and concrete in place.

I suppose so only seen the pitures on the website and try to divert down Westgate when going that way doesn't really matter when it's up by as long as it is ready on time.
heysham_mfc

Postby 1953 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:24 pm

So regarding my original question --THE MAIN STAND IS NORTH FACING (not west facing as per "VISITOR") Many thanks.

Postby Christies Child » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:18 pm

The new home stand will accommodate 2234 standing spectators and will have bar and catering outlets in a large enclosed concourse to the rear of the stand.

The away stand will accommodate 1389 standing visitors and will have its own bar and catering outlet.

What are the current capacity figures for the North Stand and the Umbro Stand at CP?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby james456 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:37 pm

Christies Child wrote:The new home stand will accommodate 2234 standing spectators and will have bar and catering outlets in a large enclosed concourse to the rear of the stand.

What are the current capacity figures for the North Stand and the Umbro Stand at CP?

Not sure but the current away end (old umbro stand) is quite a bit less than 1389.
james456

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:38 pm

Christies Child wrote:The new home stand will accommodate 2234 standing spectators and will have bar and catering outlets in a large enclosed concourse to the rear of the stand.

Don't quote me but doesn't the North Stand hold roughly 3,000 and the Away End 980?

Think the club has got the proportions of the new ground just about right.

Lets say our average gate goes up a few hundered next season (with the the novelty of having a new ground). I people would then filter out (approximately) to 1,000 in the Main Stand, 800 in the Home End, 400 in the Away End and maybe 100 in open side.

2,300 in a ground that holds 6,400 should still generate a good atmosphere. Just hope not too many North Stand regulars decide to retire to the Main Stand!
Wild Bill

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:50 pm

james456 wrote:

Not sure but the current away end (old umbro stand) is quite a bit less than 1389.

1180 away fans can get into Christie park but that is with the seats in the main stand they have
heysham_mfc

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:58 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
james456 wrote:

1180 away fans can get into Christie park but that is with the seats in the main stand they have

Away fans should see their allocation rise to 1800(ish) with the bigger away end and a decent block of seats in the main stand. That should stop those Carlisle and Bradford fans moaning! :lol:
Wild Bill

Postby DMC » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:14 pm

Shame there will be one side uncovered- look at the car wash on a bad day! I also note that the home stand is facing eastward which is good for home supporter as the wind tends to be out of the south and west-might be a bit breazy for the away fansthough!
DMC

Postby Andy » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:07 am

The away end will be covered, Gillingham isn't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Back on the spanners
Andy

Return to General Discussion