How exciting is all this?!

How exciting is all this?!

Postby shrimper » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:12 am

http://www.morecambestadium.co.uk/gallery.asp?catID=44

Although I have always been in favour of the move to a new stadium, there was even within me a big tinge of sadness at having to say 'bye' to the old place.

I still have that, but there's nothing wrong there, but my main emotion now is sheer excitement at the prospect of the new stadium and its facilities.

These updates are great and are really (for me anyway) helping to build up great anticipation for the move. I can't wait to see the next batch of images each week.

I'm also looking forward to getting involved in more than just football at the club. I want to play a bit of 5-a-side there (if the old legs hold up) and attend and arrange social events there.

I'll probably get there a bit earlier than I do nowadays and have a drink in the bar, put my kids in the kids club (if that idea transpires) and have a bit of food.

And, the point is, I think a lot of other people will as well, including many who don't come regularly now.

I think that what people can see happening is already creating a buzz and people are starting to look at the club in a different light - they can see what's happening and are starting to believe we are a 'proper' enterprise now.

Us regulars have always known that, of course, but that's not the point. The club has to get a message out to the wider area - even beyond the town boundary of Morecambe - and this new development is a very big part of that.

Sorry for going on but I'm just really excited.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Re: How exciting is all this?!

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:50 pm

Fair play to the builders for keeping going in this weather!

Totally agree with Shrimper; the facilities are going to be out of this world compared to what we are used to.

I went to a Christmas party on Friday at Blackpool FC and saw what we have to look forward to in the future. Large function suites which can be used for any occasion and on match days can be used to wine and dine sponsors or anyone who fancies a party. Each suite also overlooks the pich for anyone who actually wants to watch the game! Having all the training facilities, shops, hotel etc should mean we will be knocking spots off Bloomfield Road, which currently accommodates a Championship team. :D

Leaving Christie will be sad but from a business and community prospective the new stadium makes perferct sence.
Wild Bill

Postby Christies Child » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:10 pm

The fact that the club are making every effort by greater use of PR and in particular TV, will create more interest in the local population which we all hope will result in greater attendances at games.

Driving through the West End this morning, I'm sure that there is a huge potential fan base that we need to foster during the run up to 'the big day'.

:)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:29 pm

Christies Child wrote:Driving through the West End this morning, I'm sure that there is a huge potential fan base that we need to foster during the run up to 'the big day'. :)

huge potential i wouldn't hold your breath there, could have a get in free with you dole cards or do a needle exchange

small potential maybe, i was born there, my mother and father run a guest house there in the 60s 70s early 80s and my Mother still lives in the same house, ive seen it all change from a once thriving holiday resort to what it is now although it is slowly getting better and there's still a good few areas in the west end
George Dawes

Postby shrimper » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:00 pm

Wild Bill wrote: Each suite also overlooks the pich for anyone who actually wants to watch the game! .

On that - and going back to a point CC made in another thread - it appears the community changing building will also have a first floor 'suite' that can host a number of activities and functions, again overlooking the pitch.

It's all about making the stadium - and the club - the focal point of a lot of new event, business and sports hire interest from throughout the area.

It will have an impact on attendances by exposing the ground and its facilities to a whole new group of people but even if it didn't, it's bringing the club to those people who may then want to do other things with us, like take a ground board, or subscribe to a new online business directory etc.

People coming to play 5-a-side or run a junior hockey training session on the all-weather pitches will be able to see what facilities there are for, say, a birthday party in future and vice-versa.

Lots of scope.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Christies Child » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:55 pm

There can't be many Boards that has given as much thought into a new stadium's benefits to the local community than ours.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:25 pm

great work going on at westgate can't wait untill it's finished yes it will be sad to leave christie Park but we are moving on to bigger and better thing long may it continue :D
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion