Matchday pub next season?

Re: Matchday pub next season?

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:39 pm

the bar at the grouns should be used as much as possible after all it will be putting money into the club but people can still support the york as well as other places
heysham_mfc

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:14 pm

People will make thier own minds up based on price, convenience and experience - I'm sure the York will continue to benefit as the supporters choice and how much impact the ground move has will depend on what the bar(s) are like - not wishing to be sceptical I fear over priced, poor quality ale so its up to the York to keep delivering what the fans want and Mick being one it shouldn't be too difficult to stay in touch.
SkinnyShrimp

Postby sgt major » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:52 pm

Sammy h wrote:I'm sorry, but it is going to be alot longer than 7 minutes from the york. Past the trimpell, upto the school then across the main road, definitely 15 minutes. Unless they build a back entrance through the council estate, even then it wont be 7 minutes.

However this doesn't matter as i will still be attending the York as will my other mates who i meet up with on matchday.

The 7 minute estimate is using some of the forms of transport that I will be organising to the turnaround bit at the end of the track . From there it's just a few minutes to the ground.
sgt major

Postby sgt major » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:02 pm

SkinnyShrimp wrote:People will make thier own minds up based on price, convenience and experience - I'm sure the York will continue to benefit as the supporters choice and how much impact the ground move has will depend on what the bar(s) are like - not wishing to be sceptical I fear over priced, poor quality ale so its up to the York to keep delivering what the fans want and Mick being one it shouldn't be too difficult to stay in touch.

Those that travel away regularly do not go to the ground when they arrive early - we find a decent pub within striking distance of the ground. That's what away fans do now in Morecambe - they either visit us or go into town - their choice.

We always find lots of home fans that don't want to drink in their club as well - their choice.

Those that want to drink in our club will - some will continue with their tried and tested match day drinking place as usual. I will also drink in our club - unfortunately as I will be one of those that like to stand behind the goal and sing for the lads I don't yet know what type of bar I will be drinking in at half time.

The police also look for designated away fans pubs - I'm that already.
sgt major

Postby Stanley Bowles » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:07 pm

Theres alot of teams over the years recognise The York ,as the place to meet up with Shrimp fans and have a right good crack before and after the match. Many come back and stay ,due to the friendley welcome they recieve. To name a few teams Hereford, Barnet, Shrewsbury, Yeovil etc, etc the list goes on and long may it continue :D :D :D :D
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby Morecambe FC » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:11 pm

A very interesting thread. We will of course be hoping that as many people as possible will take advantage of all of the new facilities at the Stadium. As far as the "Bars" are concerned as well as the pub at the front of the main stand there will also be 2 concourse bars in the main stand and 1 each in the home and away stand.

Skinnyshrimp can stop worrying about overpriced and poor quality beers. It would be silly to spend the money the Club will have done by the stadium opening date, to then alienate the very people we are looking to attract on match days. We also very much appreciate that the fans have a choice. Throughout our time in the league Mick has done an excellent job of accommodating both home and away fans in The York.

We have been unable to offer sufficient bar facilities, because of segregation, at Christie Park and many of our fans will have changed their match day habits since the conference days. We envisage that it will take people a few months to decide where or how they spend those precious few hours on a Saturday. We look forward to welcoming people to the ground at whatever time they decide to arrive, we will then look to make the experience as positive as possible. We won't be perfect from the beginning but the beauty of having open dialogue between fans and Club is that we will find out very quickly what might not be working, along with consructive ideas for how things can be enhanced. Exciting times ahead.

Commercial dept.
Morecambe FC

Previous

Return to General Discussion