45 Away fans at grimsby

45 Away fans at grimsby

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:42 pm

well done to the 45 who made the trip on the last friday before xmas excellent effort considering time of year and also the weather
Last edited by Blackpool Shrimp on Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackpool Shrimp

Re: 49 Away fans at grimsby

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:42 pm

ha ha you beat me to it sky just said it was 45
heysham_mfc

Re: 45 Away fans at grimsby

Postby Stanley Bowles » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:59 pm

Have you thawed out yet Mark, good result. Well done to all 45 that travelled, clearly mad i fear :lol: :lol:
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby 4G63 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:37 am

It wasn't that cold :D
4G63

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:21 am

Just got back. A good point in my opinion. The conditions were very poor, and Grimsby played very well. The conditions meant we couldn't play the passing football that has seens us win 7 consecutive games, and resulted in us playing hoofball most of the time.

10 of us were in santa suits, just saw us on Sky Sports News, we got a good celebration with the players when we scored in the corner :lol:
Crooky MFC

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:14 am

Crooky MFC wrote:Just got back. A good point in my opinion. The conditions were very poor, and Grimsby played very well. The conditions meant we couldn't play the passing football that has seens us win 7 consecutive games, and resulted in us playing hoofball most of the time.

10 of us were in santa suits, just saw us on Sky Sports News, we got a good celebration with the players when we scored in the corner :lol:

Just thawed out! Agree with the above, point gained from a resurgent Grimsby. If they'd had someone who could finish or Rochey hadn't been in his current scintillating form we'd have lost, simple as. Grimsby adapted to the conditions better because lets face it it's probably that cold in Cleethorpes all year round.

Off the pitch my heart sank just before kick off when the snow started, horizontally! It's a long way to go to have to drive straight back! The Santas were well funny. After the goal about 10 of them ran to the corner to celebrate with the players, pursued by half a dozen stewards. I think they all appreciated the quick sprint just to warm up a bit.

When the 45 away attendance was announced we got a standing ovation from all the home sections. Not a mickey take just appreciation from one set of fans to another about the dedication (insanity) in travelling that distance in those conditions for a game of footy!
Burnley Shrimp

Postby sgt major » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:44 am

Burnley Shrimp wrote:
Crooky MFC wrote:Just got back. A good point in my opinion. The conditions were very poor, and Grimsby played very well. The conditions meant we couldn't play the passing football that has seens us win 7 consecutive games, and resulted in us playing hoofball most of the time.

Just thawed out! Agree with the above, point gained from a resurgent Grimsby. If they'd had someone who could finish or Rochey hadn't been in his current scintillating form we'd have lost, simple as. Grimsby adapted to the conditions better because lets face it it's probably that cold in Cleethorpes all year round.

Off the pitch my heart sank just before kick off when the snow started, horizontally! It's a long way to go to have to drive straight back! The Santas were well funny. After the goal about 10 of them ran to the corner to celebrate with the players, pursued by half a dozen stewards. I think they all appreciated the quick sprint just to warm up a bit.

When the 45 away attendance was announced we got a standing ovation from all the home sections. Not a mickey take just appreciation from one set of fans to another about the dedication (insanity) in travelling that distance in those conditions for a game of footy!

Yes matey - insanity indeed. I remember me and you in that biker pub before the Auotowindshiled game there a few years back - now that was plain weired.

The real insanity was playing the game on a Friday night.
sgt major

Postby Crazeenick » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:16 am

I've still not thawed out! It was like playing a match in Siberia!

Great effort last night. The first half was poor from both teams but the second half was much better. In the end I thought a draw was a fair result overall - Grimsby definitely coped better with the awful conditions than we did. But our lads grafted well in the circumstances. Some good saves by Roche.

Thought Grimsby were much better than their league position suggests - perhaps they've "turned the corner". That said their finishing was pretty poor apart from the cracking goal they scored.

I just hope we can return to playing good football on the deck on Boxing Day and get back to recent winning ways. It would be fantastic if we could play the second half of the season with a realistic chance of a play-off place.

Up the Shrimps :D :D :D
Crazeenick

Postby ockers » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:30 pm

we were advised attendance 3119
49 away attendance.... they obviously included the four if us in the press box
:D
ockers

Postby Keith » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:30 pm

ockers wrote:we were advised attendance 3119
49 away attendance.... they obviously included the four if us in the press box
:D

And the two of us pitch side!

How many away fans can you count?

Bloody freezing night! The best photos are available for the programme, so buy one, but there's a few from last night for you to look at.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby outsider » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:44 pm

Keith. any chance of a copy of the Santa one you took for my away day's facebook album? I was one of them :lol: (the one who needed no padding for his suit) :lol:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Keith » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:09 am

Weren't great photos. I'd switched the review off to conserve the battery, so I didn't see there was blur until later.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby outsider » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:15 am

Thank you
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:36 pm

Stanley Bowles wrote:Have you thawed out yet Mark, good result. Well done to all 45 that travelled, clearly mad i fear :lol: :lol:

Hope you have got your moustache well groomed for Saturday! 8-)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:56 am

Thought fellow santas might like this:

grimsbysantas1.JPG
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion