will we beat last boxing days attendance record?

will we beat last boxing days attendance record?

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:46 am

last year we beat Macclesfield 4-1 at home with 2,500 in attendance I think if we get a win tonight we can beat that this year
heysham_mfc

Re: will we beat last boxing days attendance record?

Postby darrenlock » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:58 am

All depends on away support if you looked at the attendance of the game vs Bournemouth that was 2,000ish i think that Morecambe attendance will be about 2,500 i be having a cold beer before kick-off.

2-1 tonight
darrenlock

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:45 pm

yes the game is against accrington though so it's not too far away for away fans to travel so would expect there to be a few hundred stanley fans
heysham_mfc

Postby fletch_al » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:54 pm

if we beat grimsby then definately

ill be there this year so thats one more. was working last year.

still would rather i still had a job :?
fletch_al

Postby alwaysright » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:48 pm

I would bet there will be close to 3,ooo there on boxing day
alwaysright

Postby Stanley Bowles » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:55 pm

Used to get 3500 in the conference on Boxing day v Southport, so lets hope the locals embrace this one against Stanley. Optamistic attendance 4200, lets hope.
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby parceldave » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:32 am

ill be there this year so thats one more. was working last year.

I had a white Christmas last year in Finland , so she is coming here to get warm :lol: this year (-21 yesterday) . So thats 2 more plus the Fat Finn, could be a full house. ;)
parceldave

Postby George Dawes » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:59 pm

that is cold!!

i was in NY this time last year, snowing and the wind chill coming down from Canada was -12 i had my thermals on sheepskin jacket and was still cold :|
George Dawes

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:13 pm

Anything above 2,500 will be a good gate. Stanley wont bring more than 3-400. A nice bright day may bring a few more along and we may be pushing 3,000.

What's the weather forcast looking like? Plenty of games called-off today so I hope it warms-up a bit!
Wild Bill

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:37 pm

I heard somebody mention that snow is expected this Christmas (not sure if this was wishful thinking). I hope not, I really wouldn't know what to do without football to go to on Boxing Day. Also, I think we could get a 3,000+ crowd on which the players fully deserve in light of their recent performances.

Only one league two game survives today; Rochdale vs. Shrewsbury, yet nearby Bury vs. Macc has been called off (the same Bury that didn't want to reschedule our recent midweek fixture to the free FA Cup weekend). Work that one out so close to the Christmas party season!
RedRedWine1

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:42 pm

Wild Bill wrote:Anything above 2,500 will be a good gate. Stanley wont bring more than 3-400. A nice bright day may bring a few more along and we may be pushing 3,000.

What's the weather forcast looking like? Plenty of games called-off today so I hope it warms-up a bit!

UK Outlook for Thursday 24 Dec 2009 to Saturday 2 Jan 2010:
It will remain unsettled and often windy during the Christmas period with a mixture of brighter spells and showers or longer spells of rain, sleet or snow likely across many areas. The precipitaion will be occasionally heavy. Across southern areas, it is possible it will become less cold during this period with precipitation perhaps turning to rain. Otherwise it continues generally cold, particularly across northern areas with overnight frosts and icy surfaces. Over the weekend and into the following week, staying unsettled and mostly cold. The main sleet and snow risk will continue in the north, whilst the south sees some occasionally less cold spells with rain rather than sleet or snow. As 2010 arrives, still cold and unsettled for many, and chilly northwesterly winds.

Updated: 1225 on Sat 19 Dec 2009

You could say they've covered all options there ;) 2,701 with 301 from Accy and 2-2 on the pitch. If it goes ahead.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:49 pm

The problem with the "UK outlook" is that generally the "UK" means "London" when it comes to weather forecasting.
RedRedWine1

Return to General Discussion