Message to the commercial department

Message to the commercial department

Postby bill ding » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:25 pm

Start of rant!

Today my wife and daughter went christmas shopping, for some presents for me from the club shop (about an hours drive). They went with the intention of spending £100 on the "End of an era" merchandise. But when they arrived the club shop was closed and so they went to the offices opposite and knocked on the door. There was two young lads in the offices that ignored them and after 5-10 minutes hanging around in the cold they decided to come away empty handed and to say the least cheesed off.
Come on comercial department get your act together !. Not only is the club missing out on valuable income but I have to miss out on christmas presents that I really want. They are not keen to go back just to be ignored! and I have to say I dont blame them!

End of rant!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Re: Message to the commercial department

Postby Shrimpman » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:47 pm

The shop is closed on Mondays but is open later during other days , also I notice your location is morecambe so why an hours drive to get to the club?
Did your wife actually speak to the young staff in the other office, because im sure they would have offered to help.
http://www.morecambefc.com/page/clubsho ... 66,00.html
Shrimpman

Postby Posh » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:17 pm

No offence but the opening hours of the club shop are clearly displayed on both the official website and the club shop site. The club shop is open later and for more hours per week than ever before. And finally every product is available on the club shop website with postage capped at £3.50 or less than the petrol needed for a two hour drive. The two kids by the way were mostly likely junior players, difficult to expect them to answer the door and open the club shop.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby bill ding » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:23 am

well spotted shrimpman, i dont live in morecambe i actually live in yorkshire which is about an hours drive from the club.
I used to sign in with my home town location on and never seem to get a reply so after about 40 posts i put morecambe as location .
Anyway thanks for the info , just wiping the egg off my face .
(should have gone to specsavers ! )
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby Mark S » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:01 am

I think the Club Shop has stepped up in terms of service this last six months.

The only disappointment for me this year is that they are not doing calenders. My boys plan everything on those calenders.

Craig Stanley came round to the house last May to do some filming and I got him to sign the eldests calender as he was away camping. 'Who let him write all over my calender?' was the thanks I got! :lol:

Half tempted to make my own calender this year. I wonder why they havent done them? Cant have made any money.
Mark S

Postby mfcbro » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:10 am

I was disappointed at there being no calenders this year.Thought they were very good and sold well last year.maybe the commercial dept. could enlighten us.
mfcbro

Postby Morecambe FC » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:39 am

Most of bill ding's questions have been answered, quite eloquently I might add, by other SV's users.

I am however still very disappointed that fans of this Football Club have gone away from Christie Park less than satisfied with the experience they have had.

You don't say what time your wife and daughter arrived at the Club? For the main office to have been unmanned it must have been around 2.30pm, when Helen had to go to the Bank and post office.

All of the above doesn't help bill ding get his xmas presents. If anyone knows who he is or if bill himself is reading this can he please call Mark Dixon direct at the Football club on 01524 411797.

In answer to the question regarding calendars, we are not producing a Jan - Dec one for 2010, the rest you will have to wait and see.

Commercial dept.
Morecambe FC

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:30 am

Mark S wrote:The only disappointment for me this year is that they are not doing calenders.

Anybody who tries to do me will get a slap! Mark, you have got the spelling wrong both ways ~ You are referring to calendars whereas my place of work is Callenders :lol:

mfcbro wrote:I was disappointed at there being no calenders this year.

Mick you have it wrong as well as we have been here for 46 years!! :lol: :lol:

:oops: :oops:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Mark S » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:00 am

Mark, there is no need to 'do' you when you 'do' yourself every day on here :D

Sounds like something special is happening in regard to calendars. Which is more than you can say about Callenders ;)
Mark S

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:12 am

Mark S wrote:Mark, there is no need to 'do' you when you 'do' yourself every day on here :D

Sounds like something special is happening in regard to calendars. Which is more than you can say about Callenders ;)

What a "to do" about nothing 8-)

Something special happens in Carnforth every day I can assure you ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:10 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Something special happens in Carnforth every day I can assure you ;)

People get to use the road out of it? :?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Mike Blackstone » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:43 pm

Well certainly Carnforth is worth visiting if only for the best bottled range of ale in the area at Booths Supermarket. Not as good as their branch in Windermere, which is truly excellent, but not bad at all.
Mike Blackstone

Postby Aspers » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:14 pm

A Men of the North Stand Calender.

8-)
Aspers

Postby John L » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:26 pm

Morecambe FC wrote:In answer to the question regarding calendars, we are not producing a Jan - Dec one for 2010, the rest you will have to wait and see.

Ah, so a football season calendar (July-June or similar) then???
John L

Postby Mark S » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:16 am

John L wrote:
Morecambe FC wrote:In answer to the question regarding calendars, we are not producing a Jan - Dec one for 2010, the rest you will have to wait and see.

Ah, so a football season calendar (July-June or similar) then???

Really? You think so? :lol:
Mark S

Return to General Discussion