O/T Lancaster City Memories

O/T Lancaster City Memories

Postby super-red » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:37 pm

I have been racking my brains and searching the internet but cant find where the final was held in 1990-91 in the HFS Northern Premier League Division One Final where Peter Devine missed that penalty.

I know its daft silly and pathetic but I have an application on facebook for grounds visited and I was there as a youngster and want to update it.

Please help!!!
super-red

Re: O/T Lancaster City Memories

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:42 pm

Brunton Park , Carlisle.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Keith » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:01 pm

“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Richard Head » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:05 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4XmtZ2seac

No i think he means this one :lol:
Richard Head

Postby shrimper » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:15 pm

It was in the final of the Northern Premier League division one cup final against Whitley Bay.

It had gone to extra time after Bevan Blackwood missed a simple one-on-one to win it for City late on.

Whitley Bay went on to win it in that penalty shoot-out.

I was sitting about ten yards from the cameraman who (if he did the right deals) must have paid for a holiday home in Barbados from the money he's made to date.

Thing was Devine must have subconsciously thought 'I've started so I have to finish' when he started to stumble.

He could, of course, have avoided the ball altogether and gone back and started his run up again.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Return to General Discussion