A pleasure to watch

A pleasure to watch

Postby Ned » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:15 am

I feel I must agree with those posters heralding last Saturday’s performance as possibly being the best ever. Regardless, the performance was a joy to watch and long may it continue.
Inevitably on the back of a winning streak supporters are speculating on the reasons for the transformation with some claiming Sammy had taken on board their suggestions. These included `time for the players to gel’ and the change in playing formations such as 4-4-2 etc. These reasons may well be valid but you have to consider other factors otherwise how do you explain those teams who have been on winning runs and then with no change in format or personnel they suddenly can’t buy a win.
Pundits who tend to predict on form would simplify our resurgence by referring us to the excessive number of goals conceded during our flat period followed by the number of clean sheets when replacing 3 of the back four players. In reality I would suggest that it is the performance of the 3 in question that has been key along with the improved form of some of the other players in the team. Sudden increases in individual player’s form is not always down to the manager but as he takes the stick when they are not doing the business it is right he takes the accolades when they are. Much as been said about the improved performances of Dave Artel being a result of playing alongside a ball playing centre half where he no longer has to compete with Jim to see who can launch the ball the longest distance down Lancaster Road. Credit must also be given to big Dave if it is true that he was the one responsible for persuading Wilson to join us.
At present I would suggest the 4 strongest teams are Rochdale, Morecambe, Accrington and Rotherham
Ned

Re: A pleasure to watch

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:05 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Luvvin' it, Luvvin' it, Luvvin it :D

Thanks Ned for reminding us how good we really are :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby ezz » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:15 pm

Actually sums it up pretty well, we are on great form....not because some posters thought Sammy took their godly advice but because the difference a couple of players can make with their own form is amazing. Arts, Haining, Parrish, Hunter, whilst at the other end Mullin and Jevons have clicked. Less goals conceeded and more goals scored makes Negative Ned a dull boy.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Keith » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:49 pm

And life is good! :D

The only other aspect that needs to be thrown in to the mix is the mercurial quality that is 'confidence'. We are now shooting on sight, stepping overs, taking players on. Parish was one of the potential MotM on Saturday, him and Wilson showing great quality. In fact, we now have a very cultured defence.

A happy Ned... doesn't that feel good!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion