So who has made the difference?

So who has made the difference?

Postby Christies Child » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:31 pm

It's only my opinion, but the 2 players who have made the difference are Will Haining and Andy Parrish.

I wasn't sure about Parrish at first. He looks lightweight and not the usual defender but 'bloody hell' he's been outstanding of late and commands his place in the team on merit.

However for me the player who has made the biggest difference is Will Haining. Boy the guy is so bloody cool it's frightnening! What's more he seems to have had a profound effect on central defensive partner Dave Artell. Arts distribution has improved beyond recognition and the way they appear to know what the other is going to do argues well for the future.

I'm a big fan of Jimbo, but at the moment both Will and Arts deserve their place in the team as they are forming an invincible partnership.

But the entire team appear as one. It's as though each knows what others are going to do.

PJ said on the radio that a lot of work had been done off the field. Whatever magic Messrs. McLlroy and Lillis have worked, long may it continue.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PS I quite like this optomistic feeling! ;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: So who has made the difference?

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:37 pm

Time and confidence have made the difference - this squad is the best ever Morecambe team and its the same who were 2 from bottom not too long ago. Most on here could see it was just a matter of time in allowing the guys to gell and Sammy working out how to get the best out of them.
Add a fit Manny Panther and you have something we have never had - a first eleven capable of outright promotion and a bench that could get us playoffs - shame the crowds haven't come back with the success but I know which I'd prefer.

Beat those Fishy boys and put Stanley to the sword and 2010 looks like the most exciting year in recent Morecambe history - bring it on :D
SkinnyShrimp

Postby bigreddog » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:08 pm

Other than you of course CC ;) and a lot of hard work by all the playing and non playing staff..

The big difference has been made by some bloke called McIlroy.

Got the stick when things weren't going well

Deserves all the plaudits and accolades when we're on a record run, playing brilliant football, and the form team in the league.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:29 pm

There have been some exceptional signings such as Wilson and Haining who truth be known are probably much better than Division 2 standard, certainly on current performances Parrish is a revelation this season and the whole team are feeding off each other at the moment with confidence seeming to grow game by game. Garry Hunter is also worthy of a special mention. He has now matured into a very effective midfielder.

With competition for places in most areas of the pitch there is no reason why we can't kick on from here and have the best ever season in the 90 year history of this club.

There is a long way to go and anything can happen but I really feel we have every right to be very optimistic at present.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:35 pm

Yes Haining and Parish for me and going to the back four.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby james456 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:49 pm

If I had to mention someone, it'd be Hunter. Last season I thought he was a decent tackling midfielder best used off the bench and not really good enough for the first team. But this season, he's been one of our best players and if we were to get promoted this season, I'd be happy for him to be the first name on the teamsheet for us in league 1.
james456

Postby George Dawes » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:02 pm

for me it's going 4 4 2 this formation like 2nd nature with any player who's played football at any level

the 532/352 wing-back system, i bet most of the new players we'd signed had never played that formation before(Moss just one to mention) was making it to hard for the team to gel

and with the players we now have on the bench i have every faith in them to come in and keep things rolling
George Dawes

Postby Curly » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:07 pm

Yesterdays good luck charm - Son of Rocky ;)
not forgetting Yoz "Ginger Rogers" Hughes 8-)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:08 pm

WILSON AND PARRISH :!: :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:45 pm

Parrish has come on very well and just seem to keep getting better! long may it continue!
heysham_mfc

Postby parceldave » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:14 pm

DawZi wrote:for me it's going 4 4 2 this formation like 2nd nature with any player who's played football at any level

the 532/352 wing-back system, i bet most of the new players we'd signed had never played that formation before(Moss just one to mention) was making it to hard for the team to gel

and with the players we now have on the bench i have every faith in them to come in and keep things rolling

I thought you might mention changing formation , but i agree because we have got 2 full-backs with pace and can overlap the front men and get back, and the rest of the team look a lot more comfortable with it too. A few people stated on here that it would be a waste of Wilson's talents if we didn't play him as a wingback. Hmm, i think he's playing his absolute best at full-back and probably the best in our league . My M.o.M yesterday.
parceldave

Postby OvertheBar » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:34 pm

Sammy Mac of course has made the decisions and deserves lots of praise. For me Haining has done brilliantly, stays cool under pressure, good distribution.

However, there is a real flow through the side where each player wants the ball. I loved it when Parrish was trying his step-overs in the second half yesterday and everyone is brimming with confidence.

I hope we get a load of newbie fans turning up for the Accy game 'cos it is very enjoyable stuff and immense value for money.
OvertheBar

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:16 am

Got to be having someone like jevons who is capable of 20-25 goals per season (long time since we had striker capable of that)
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby broadwayshrimp » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:20 am

Even though we ultimately lost I think the 2 games against Carlisle gave the team a lot of cofidence and as the saying goes allowed us to concentrate on the league ;)
broadwayshrimp

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:37 am

OvertheBar wrote:I hope we get a load of newbie fans turning up for the Accy game 'cos it is very enjoyable stuff and immense value for money.

Took my friend who hadn't been since Wembley and his Mrs who had never been at all. What a game and I wouldn't be supprised if they came along a bit more regularly. Usually when I drag my mates along they lose! :lol:
Wild Bill

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:59 pm

broadwayshrimp wrote:Even though we ultimately lost I think the 2 games against Carlisle gave the team a lot of cofidence and as the saying goes allowed us to concentrate on the league ;)

also shows that we are capable of getting a result at these teams
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion