Best Team in the League, Official!

Best Team in the League, Official!

Postby captain sparkle » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:33 am

Do I read this right?
League stats
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Re: Best Team in the League, Official!

Postby Christies Child » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:40 am

.....and yet we still don't get the recognition that we deserve......and long may it continue ;) ;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby captain sparkle » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:56 am

Yep, not right at all,
It looks to me like, on present form, we are the best team in English football (ok, some non league team might be something like, but i haven't got time to check all that out!!)
definitely league/premiership anyway.
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:31 am

yes Newcastle drew 2-2 with Barnsley prior to that they had won 7 on the bounce so that would make us the best team in England :)
heysham_mfc

Postby pompeyred » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:00 pm

FC Twente (Hol) 12 wins
Anderlecht (Bel) 8 wins
PSV Eindhoven (Hol) 8 wins
Morecambe (Eng) 7 wins

According to http://www.soccerstats.com/index.asp we are officially the 4th best team in the world!
pompeyred

Postby Bradford_Shrimp » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:54 pm

Certainly best team in the land....by far

MORECAMBE last 6 18 pts, GD +17
Charlton 16 pts +10
Newcastle 16pts +13.
Birmingham 14 +4
York 16 +5
Stalybridge 16 +11
Newport Co 16 +13
Matlock Town 16 +14
Nuneaton 13 +9
Harrow Borough 14 +7
Bradford_Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:03 pm

we were already the best over six games, now we're the best over seven games!
http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/formG ... =4&count=7
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Weetabix Kid » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:00 pm

pompeyred wrote:FC Twente (Hol) 12 wins
Anderlecht (Bel) 8 wins
PSV Eindhoven (Hol) 8 wins
Morecambe (Eng) 7 wins

According to http://www.soccerstats.com/index.asp we are officially the 4th best team in the world!

We're below Steve McClaren though so still work to be done ;)
Weetabix Kid

Postby marky » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:48 pm

Let's not confuse best with form. Most in form league side in England and 4th most in form side in Europe.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Keith » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:19 pm

marky wrote:Let's not confuse best with form. Most in form league side in England and 4th most in form side in Europe.

Marky, I really don't think anyone seriously thought we were the fourth best team in the world! :roll:

Ya' spoil sport! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:37 pm

Oh I dunno. Some of the things that have been written on here in recent times have rivalled Ned in terms of total shit! :lol:
Last edited by marky on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marky

Postby Keith » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:01 pm

marky wrote:Oh I dunno. Some of the things that have written on here in recent times have rivalled Ned in terms of total shit! :lol:

You appear to have missed a word out. I'm not 100% sure which word...

marky wrote:Oh I dunno. Some of the things that have been written on here in recent times have rivalled Ned in terms of total shit! :lol:

marky wrote:Oh I dunno. Some of the things that I have written on here in recent times have rivalled Ned in terms of total shit! :lol:

Not quite 100% sure... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:18 pm

It has now been edited for clarity. I am, of course, alluding to predictions of automatic promotion which, to my mind, are just as ridiculous as Ned's occasional doom postings.
marky

Postby Keith » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:59 pm

marky wrote:It has now been edited for clarity. I am, of course, alluding to predictions of automatic promotion which, to my mind, are just as ridiculous as Ned's occasional doom postings.

Why? We looked superb against Hereford, so it isn't simply the current run. At the moment, I can't see us worrying about anyone else. So why is "just as ridiculous" as Ned (who has again disappeared after our current run has continued)?

And if it doesn't happen, so what? Enjoy the moment while we can! Much better than predicting doom & gloom and then hiding away when the sun comes out!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:23 pm

It's ridiculous because a final position is bequeathed over a full season, not a 7 game winning run. Also because I believe the likes of Rochdale, Rotherham, etc will be stronger (and more consistent) than us in the long term. We're playing wonderfully well at the moment and are brimming with confidence. That can't be denied. But I think people are getting sligtly carried away and I prefer to just see what happens. In his interview before the Bournemouth game, Sammy McIlroy said the very same.
marky

Postby Keith » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:35 pm

marky wrote:Also because I believe the likes of Rochdale, Rotherham, etc will be stronger (and more consistent) than us in the long term.

If we accept the two you mentioned (and I'm not so sure about Rotherham being 'that' consistent for the full season but anyway) who are the "etc''? Bournemouth? They are the team in the third play off place. I wouldn't put money on a final position, I'm not even going to stick my neck out too far when it comes to predicting the result at Grimsby, but we are the in-form side, of which there are very few in Division 2. Look at the form for rest of the teams in the top positions...

2nd Bournemouth XXXX 9 points from 6 games
4th Dagenham & R XXXX8 points from 6 games
5th Chesterfield XXXXXX9 points from 6 games
6th Notts County XXXXX8 points from 6 games
8th Aldershot XXXXXXX11 points from 6 games

So there's another automatic promotion spot available. I don't see us being substantially out of our depth compared to those teams around us. Of course any one of them 'may' go on a great run, but the fact is, none of them are showing signs of doing so.

So for now, fantastic, it's looking good... long may it last.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimper » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:38 pm

We drew with both the sides you mentioned when we were in the middle of an average run of form.

We also drew away with Daggers and have just thrashed Bournemouth. We beat Notts County fairly comfortably and - again - that was before we started our current run of very impressive wins.

Wins that have included a comfortable one away at Crewe (who have shown themselves to be a good side since) and an easy one at home to Bury, who are a very good side.

Not saying we WILL gain automatic promotion - or even make the play-offs. But to say that anyone who does say that is talking crap is just ridiculous and is ignoring the evidence.

Yes it is a long season and nothing is decided in December, we're not thick. But it's a long season for Rochdale, Rotherham, Bournemouth and all the others as well.

It's bad enough when other fans think of Morecambe as 'a side like that'.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:19 am

shrimper wrote:Not saying we WILL gain automatic promotion - or even make the play-offs. But to say that anyone who does say that is talking crap is just ridiculous and is ignoring the evidence.

Yes it is a long season and nothing is decided in December, we're not thick. But it's a long season for Rochdale, Rotherham, Bournemouth and all the others as well.

It's bad enough when other fans think of Morecambe as 'a side like that'.

Shrimper, you can be as selective as you like. But I get very annoyed when the same people who castigate the more negative amongst us then make outlandish predictions of automatic promotion. If making predictions of relegation is ridiculous then so is making predictions of the absolute opposite. You talk about evidence and I refer to the post above yours. Many of the sides around us are having an indifferent time whereas we have hit top form. In my opinion, at least 3 of the teams around us (2 of which I've already mentioned) will pick up their form again and finish above us come next May. I'm sticking with my original prediction of 8th which I still see as realistic.

Oh, and Keith. I do not think Bournemouth will finish in the top 3 as they are not equipped to deal with injuries and suspensions, as evidenced by Saturday's totally understrength side. Unless they manage to lose the embargo (which doesn't seem likely) then they will struggle unless they can keep everyone in their paper thin squad fit.
marky

Postby Keith » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:30 am

marky wrote:I get very annoyed when the same people who castigate the more negative amongst us then make outlandish predictions of automatic promotion. If making predictions of relegation is ridiculous then so is making predictions of the absolute opposite. You talk about evidence and I refer to the post above yours. Many of the sides around us are having an indifferent time whereas we have hit top form. In my opinion, at least 3 of the teams around us (2 of which I've already mentioned) will pick up their form again and finish above us come next May. I'm sticking with my original prediction of 8th which I still see as realistic.

I get very annoyed with positive people, I want to surround myself with negativity... What a sad way to live your life, after arguably our best all-round performance, having thrashed the team who are second in the league, and you are still getting annoyed with positive people?

If making predictions of relegation is ridiculous then so is making predictions of the absolute opposite

Except, with the greatest of respect, it's not is it? Let's take your own "realistic" prediction of 8th. If you are wrong by just one place, then we are in the play-offs, so you think we are 'promotion contenders' until the last couple of games? We probably need about nine more points to 'avoid relegation'. Quite clearly, using your own "realistic" prediction, we are far more likely to be promoted than relegated, the two are not equally ridiculous!

Finally, the reason Ned continues to be such a successful WUM is because he spouts his bile when ever we are on a poor run, wraps it up in patronising and condescending twaddle in an attempt to make it sound like he is capable of managing the team better than anyone else and then takes delight in reminding everyone about his own self grandiose ideas after every glorious defeat, only to disappear from view when it all goes wrong for him and we win. He's probably huddled in the corner of a darkened room right now, muttering to himself like Gollum, hating every moment of this run. You'll also note that Ned, very cleverly, always avoids actually saying what he believes we should be doing or even, where he thinks we should end up.

At least you have made a prediction, indeed quite a positive one that most of us would be happy to achieve... you see? you're almost there, come over to the bright side, enjoy what we are achieving... for as long as it lasts! 8-) :D :D

Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:15 pm

Nice to see Neddy disprove your theories about him ;) Anyway, it's not the positive people that annoy me, it's actually those who either make unrealistic predictions based on a few wins or more so those who bounce from predictions of doom to predictions of absolute success from one week to the next. The people I'm aiming at are not the likes of yourself, Glen or Mark S and I feel I ought to clear that one up. When I made my original prediction, it was based on the squad of players we had amassed as I felt it was capable of challenging for a play-off spot but would probably just miss out. A few weeks ago, I said that if we didn't beat Lincoln then Sammy should go, because I honestly didn't believe he was getting the best out of the players he had at his disposal. I still thought the squad of players would be capable of challenging, however, just with a different man at the helm. To his credit, Sammy has changed both the system and personnel and it has worked.

Finally, many on here often make a point of complaining when fans of other sides start getting a bit cocky about their club's prospects. I'm not saying you are because it's clear you're just joking. Some, I feel, are not and it's that that has riled me. Don't get me wrong, I was smiling all the way home on the bus on Saturday when I checked the final score on my mobile.
marky

Postby mounse mk2 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:12 pm

I'm all for the positivity. I went to work today with a smile on my face. Yes, on a Monday.

7 wins in a row, 5 clean sheets, football as good as it gets on Saturday.

Sod doom and gloom and playing down are chances. It's a little bit of escapism and i love it.

Let's enjoy it while we can.

UP THE SHRIMPS!!
When i look deep in your eyes
I swear i can see your soul
mounse mk2

Return to General Discussion