So.....which goal out of our wide range was the best?

So.....which goal out of our wide range was the best?

Postby ezz » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:47 pm

For me it would be Drummond's, a very hard skill to finish that on the bounce.
But they were all absolutely world class and typical of a team that had won 6 in a row.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Re: So.....which goal out of our wide range was the best?

Postby darrenlock » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:50 pm

l love Craig Stanley's goal
darrenlock

Postby Christies Child » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:53 pm

Mark Duffy's....only spoiled by the shirt incident.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby darrenlock » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:55 pm

What a silly yellow card he showed his passion its not like he will be playing in first team any time soon with the top quality midfield morecambe have
darrenlock

Postby George Dawes » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:55 pm

hard to pick Stanley's was class !

L Wilson's was a clever one i bet he knew the on-loan West-Ham keeper would be thinking ahh he's only a defender probably as no right foot cutting inside from the left wing position BANG GET IN THERE!! :lol:

but Duffy's was the icing on the cake for me, it took the Michel Fish :P
George Dawes

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:17 pm

All four from open play were great goals for different reasons, but the one I enjoyed the most was Duffy's cheeky chip at the end of the game.
RedRedWine1

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:22 pm

All the goals were top class, even the pen. The most pleasing thing for me is that players are now prepared to have a pop at goal instead of trying to walk the ball into the net all the time. Long may it continue.
broadwayshrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:27 pm

broadwayshrimp wrote:All the goals were top class, even the pen. The most pleasing thing for me is that players are now prepared to have a pop at goal instead of trying to walk the ball into the net all the time. Long may it continue.

Exactly what I was going to say! Almost felt sorry for their keeper, what a way to make your début!

Almost...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby darrenlock » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:32 pm

West ham goallie must of though i should of stayed in west ham and went to the boozer and watch west ham lose again lol
darrenlock

Postby marky » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:37 pm

It's difficult to say given I've only seen them on TV, but for sheer audacity, I'm going for Mark Duffy's.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:38 pm

broadwayshrimp wrote:All the goals were top class, even the pen. The most pleasing thing for me is that players are now prepared to have a pop at goal instead of trying to walk the ball into the net all the time. Long may it continue.

Great shout, I totally agree and hope for more of the same. You can see the confidence running throughout the side. We look as though we can score every time we go forward, and from every area of the field. I'm trying very hard to keep a lid on this, but failing miserably.
RedRedWine1

Postby ockers » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:52 pm

laurence wilson for me on his right foot!!!
they were all great goals though
ockers

Postby ezz » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:29 pm

Anyone else more pleased with the fact that it was 5 different goal scorers?? Anyone know the last time that happened for our club in one game?? Ockers maybe?
When a team are getting goals from everyone in the squad, not to mention Arts heading one in every now and then along with the clean sheets we really could see this run last a long time. One game at a time though, I think the milestone will be against Accy our so called bogey team
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby parceldave » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:40 pm

Absolutely, i think its the first game ive bin to where the Paddockers didnt have to shout , Shoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot , we only got as far as Sh and it was in the back of the net. :o . If only Twissy had finished that run with a goal, it would have been the icing on the cake. ;)
parceldave

Postby darrenlock » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:42 pm

Yeah your right parcel Twissy got alot of power of his foot should of finished it off
darrenlock

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:44 pm

Mark Duffy and Larry Wilsons goals were the best but all of then were good goals even Jevons from the spot did well
heysham_mfc

Postby darrenlock » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:45 pm

The keeper did move early on the penaltry to make it easier though
darrenlock

Postby Curly » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:54 pm

parceldave wrote:

Absolutely, i think its the first game ive bin to where the Paddockers didnt have to shout , Shoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot , we only got as far as Sh and it was in the back of the net. :o . If only Twissy had finished that run with a goal, it would have been the icing on the cake. ;)

Fantastic day, Wilsons and Drummys for me, if Twiss had scored would have been sublime.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby shrimper » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:43 pm

All four could have been in a 'top ten goals of the day' compilation - and Jevo does it too often from the spot (and he doesn't pick the same side all the time) for it to be a fluke. He commits the keeper then puts it the other side.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Return to General Discussion