Feelings; I know it's a bit girlie but come on

Feelings; I know it's a bit girlie but come on

Postby Bare bum » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:52 am

Well, what a time it is for Morecambe fans. Stood in the North Stand yesterday I reckon I've never felt happier or more delighted at the fare being served up for us.
In my wildest dreams I could not have imagined hammering 2nd place Bournemouth 5-0 with 4 exquisite goals and a spectacularly good penalty. I am happy, happy, happy! I'm savouring every moment of this awesome run, I'm devouring league tables, form tables, scoring records, football forums, engaging with all and sundry about how we are playing at the moment. I'm loving it. Does it / can it get any better??

the future's pinkish the future's shrimpish
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Re: Feelings; I know it's a bit girlie but come on

Postby ockers » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:55 am

i cant remember seeing a better game at Christie Park Graham
must have been great on there yesterday
ockers

Postby ezz » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:45 pm

How do I feel? HOW DO I FEEL?!?

I feel pretty, oh so pretty :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Christies Child » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:05 pm

ockers wrote:i cant remember seeing a better game at Christie Park Graham
must have been great on there yesterday

..some assessment that Sean, but it certainly goes down as one of the 'all time highs' in terms of team performance and 4 spectacular goals.

However what impresses me more is the fact that when we score, the entire team (Baz excluded :lol: ) runs to the scorer to congratulate him in a sea of bodies. For me that shows that the lads have a unique 'togetherness' and suggests a superb team spirit, no doubt fostered by the management team.

It's also good to have confirmed by Sammy that Jimbo, currently taking his first steps in obtaining his coaching badge, is going to get more involved in coaching ...a possible clue to our future development?

I for one would love to see Jimbo in a managerial role. A leader both on and off the field without doubt.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby simmy » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:20 pm

The recent performances have all been pretty good and we have scored some superb goals and also showed great character in digging in when necessary.

At Port Vale last week it was suggested by several of us at the game that we maybe defended too deeply in the second half and gave away possession too easily by aimlessly clearing the ball at times.

However, yesterday was the best by far and there was nothing that the team could have improved on. We scored four great goals and kept pushing forward. We also kept control of the ball, making the most of the extra man and never let up.

I certainly can not remember a more complete all round performance by a Morecambe team, who made a good side look very average.

It certainly feels great to be a Morecambe supporter at the moment. We just have to remember that there are no easy games and Grimsby next week will be a real test.

If we can keep performing the way that we have been over the past month then just maybe the last game at Christie Park will gain even greater significance.
simmy

Postby Bradford_Shrimp » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:30 pm

A broader smile I've not seen in a long time Graham, than the one accross your face yesterday. I may not have been a regular as CP for as long as many here, so recollections of other great matches don't really apply, but yesterdays performance was OUTSTANDING. I fairness I think that barring one or two games, the team has really played good football all season, and yes, I agree, it makes you just feel HAPPY.
Long may it continue!!!
:D
Bradford_Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:49 pm

best game in a very long time :D
heysham_mfc

Postby darrenlock » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:52 pm

Morecambe took advantage of a team not organised but good luck eddie howe i can see good things for you in the football league
darrenlock

Postby Keith » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:12 pm

I can't see how people are saying it was a good 'all round' team performance, I mean, I don't think Barry Roche did anything at all, barely made a save and spent most of the second half stood around as a spectator!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:22 pm

A good all round outfield team performance?
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:28 pm

Keith wrote:I can't see how people are saying it was a good 'all round' team performance, I mean, I don't think Barry Roche did anything at all, barely made a save and spent most of the second half stood around as a spectator!

Leave him alone, he's wearing my shirt! :lol:

Barry deserves a bit of a rest after the bombardments he was experiencing earlier in the season. He was almost a one man team at that time and saved us so many points and goals that enable us to be sitting in our current position :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:33 pm

I spotted him doing star jumps to keep warm so fired off a quick shot but he had grabbed his crotch just as I took the photo so I binned it! :lol: :lol: :lol: He needed Arts to try and head past him to keep him on his toes! :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Curly » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:03 pm

It's going alright, I suppose, If you like winning :roll:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:10 pm

Curly wrote:It's going alright, I suppose, If you like winning :roll:

Yeah, poor old Ned :!:

:!: :!:
morecambe mick

Postby Posh » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:37 pm

It was a bit special on Saturday. For various reasons I took our two year-old who was a nightmare to get out of the house and I got into the ground five minutes late. I got him up the North Stand and up to Grandad. Up the steps he started with, 'Daddy, I want to go home' and this continued for about five minutes with me thinking, 'I'm going to have to take him home'. I had in my arms whimpering and trying to play a version of spot the ball, spot the policeman anything. Then Drummy scored and the whole North Stand erupted and he jumped out of his skin. This was then followed by loads of signing. The whimpering stopped and it was clear that he was now taking an interest. Then we scored again and I was jumping for joy. Best of all was Lawrence Wilson's third, right foot don't forget, and I was going so mad I nearly dropped him. Then when I looked at Liam and he was grinning like mad and we were bouncing along to the songs.

Problem was he wouldn't put his coat on, he's more stubborn than his mum. I tried and tried but he was going to freeze to death. Quick call to granny and off we set two mins before half time. All the way to grannies it was, 'Daddy I want to watch football', 'Daddy I want to sing songs', 'Daddy can I watch football'. I was going to turn round but no coat, no football (I'm tough). Missed Jevs penalty but watched the last 40 minutes.

The power Morecambe FC has even over a 2 year-old. Came in miserable, left elated. Happy days indeed!
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby steve mfc » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:51 pm

It was the ultimate feel good factor, i cant remember the last time that i have seen so many happy faces after a game.

It wasn't just a great performance and seven wins in a row, but a team that is really playing for each other and showing a fantastic attitude, it would have been easy for them to come out in the second half and just go through the motions, but from the first to the last minute it was 100% effort that included the subs when they came on.
steve mfc

Postby George Dawes » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:58 pm

i wasn't getting to carried away 3 - 0 up at half time i was thinking back to the Rochdale game, but you could tell by 5mins into the 2nd half the boys weren't going to sit back :D
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:53 pm

and guess what we killed a team off rather than just sit back on a lead and let them come at us
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion