MFC Football League Show Feature

MFC Football League Show Feature

Postby Mark S » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:12 pm

Just had a call off Rod T to let me know that there will be a feature tonight on The FL Show on us! :D

Clem will be at the ground today with the crew and the feature will be about the six win streak we are on (thats that then! :( ) and the new ground.

Set your Sky plus now! :D
Mark S

Re: MFC Football League Show Feature

Postby Keith » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:50 pm

I e-mailed them during the game to point out we were on the best run of form in England. Then after the match, I sent the following...

Hi folks,

You guys asked where the Morecambe run has come from after our 'poor start'?

Well, with the greatest respect, have a closer look at us during this week and our fixtures at the start of the season. After our opening four games, we had an amazing run of draws but all against top teams, and this despite some serious injuries. Apart from three slips (Burton & Aldershot battered us, Northampton we were appalling in the second half) we had been playing well. Until Crewe won there last Tuesday, we were the only team to leave Chesterfield with a point this season.

During that [at face value barren] stretch we played Aldershot, Shrewsbury, Bradford, Dagenham & Redbridge, Notts County, Rotherham, Rochdale and the aforementioned Chesterfield, all teams who are in the promotion mix, of which only Aldershot beat us (and we beat Sol Cambell's Notts County). All that time, we were playing good football and most fans knew we were very close to being a good side. Now we're in form, as I said in my last e-mail, over six games, best in England, over eight we're second best. We're tight at the back and scoring up front. Jim Bentley is our captain, coming back from injury, he's having to sit on the bench after four clean sheets while he was out. Manny Panther was our best player until the cart horse that is Sol Campbell stamped on him in a challenge that should have seen him sent off. He's on his way back but will have a fight to get back in the team. Depth in squad, playing good football, scoring, not conceding, looking good. My Port Vale mate texted me tonight and said him and his mates reckon we are on for automatic promotion this season. So to answer your question, where has this run come from? It was always there, just not obvious until now!

It goes without saying, between me pressing 'send' and your next show, we play Bournemouth. If we get tonked by them, please disregard all of the above! :-)

Cheers, Keith

...good to see they listened to me :roll: 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion