Guess who wants to halt the building of the New Stadium?

Guess who wants to halt the building of the New Stadium?

Postby Suzi Quatro » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:46 pm

The answer is the Town Council.
This Stalinist undemocratic organisation had a motion at the last Town Council meeting to jettison the building of the New Stadium and to make matters worse one seemingly uneducated Town Councillor, suggested moving the New Ground to White Lund. This very Councillor exposes the lack of vitality and substance that is needed amongst our elected members on the Town Council. If this style of debate is all we are going to hear about following Town Council meetings, I fear for the future of Morecambe.
Suzi Quatro

Re: Guess who wants to halt the building of the New Stadium?

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:31 pm

Undemocratic? I thought 'Town Councils' were elected bodies?

Halt the building of the stadium? I thought the Council has fully supported the stadium and facilities from the outset?
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Aspers » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:28 pm

Methinks this could be a little stirring 8-)
Aspers

Postby Suzi Quatro » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:52 pm

The Town Council is a seperate body to The City Council. The City Council supported the building of The New Stadium but the Town Council have started to oppose it. The Town Council is not a trully democratic forum becasue it was set up in accordance with milleading information promoted by the Morecambe Bay Independent Party. The aims and onjectives of the Town Council is to oppose progress within the Morecambe Area. The Morecambe Bay Independent Party have a covert policy where they oppose anything that is not thier own initiative. Sadly The Town Council is made up of only Morecambe Bay Independent Party members due to thier ability to be able to con the voters in Morecambe. The brain dead voters of Morecambe have enabled this Stalinists colloection of individuals with thier own hidden agenda to run The Town Council. If you take a look at the age range of the Town Council you would think you are in a Nursing Home, even the younger ones look over 70 and withut a doubt the youngest is about 55.
How embarrasing for us to be in a position where the Town Council who we put in power, have decided to campaign against our new home. I hang my head in shame, so should the rest of us from Morecambe.
Suzi Quatro

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:31 pm

The chippy, the carwash and myself would be a bit brassed off about the move, but it is set in stone, if we get on about what elected officials debate, stalin does not come in to it, as all our politicians from the pm down to the bowels of the local councils can do nothing about anything, I think this is a pointless post, unlike my very pertinant kfc at accy post :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby George Dawes » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:34 pm

now you've started me off :lol:

the town council are not?? how can i say like 60s hippie Greenpeace student types from middle class backgrounds who went into teaching who've now influenced/brainwashed a good few generations now in this country with self righteous bull about political correctness on how people should live and how things should be run :evil:
George Dawes

Postby Curly » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:41 am

Suzi Quatro wrote:The Town Council is a seperate body to The City Council. The City Council supported the building of The New Stadium but the Town Council have started to oppose it. The Town Council is not a trully democratic forum becasue it was set up in accordance with milleading information promoted by the Morecambe Bay Independent Party. The aims and onjectives of the Town Council is to oppose progress within the Morecambe Area. The Morecambe Bay Independent Party have a covert policy where they oppose anything that is not thier own initiative. Sadly The Town Council is made up of only Morecambe Bay Independent Party members due to thier ability to be able to con the voters in Morecambe. The brain dead voters of Morecambe have enabled this Stalinists colloection of individuals with thier own hidden agenda to run The Town Council. If you take a look at the age range of the Town Council you would think you are in a Nursing Home, even the younger ones look over 70 and withut a doubt the youngest is about 55.
How embarrasing for us to be in a position where the Town Council who we put in power, have decided to campaign against our new home. I hang my head in shame, so should the rest of us from Morecambe.

But Suzi please, please think again.
Don't you think we'd be better off run by the elderly?
The Winter Gardens would be jammed packed every night with youngsters courting,
out to see some of the marvellous greats of music hall that we have, doing their rounds
at the moment.
We could all swank down the prom in our sunday bests, buy fish and chips for tuppence
ha'penny and catch a charabanc home in time to hear the ovalteenies on the wireless.
There'd be no climate change, everyones doorstep would sparkle and there would always be
plenty of work for young strong men, stacking bodies outside the fever hospital :?
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Suzi Quatro » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:46 am

Very Funny.
Suzi Quatro

Postby Suzi Quatro » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:56 am

DawZi wrote:now you've started me off :lol:

the town council are not?? how can i say like 60s hippie Greenpeace student types from middle class backgrounds who went into teaching who've now influenced/brainwashed a good few generations now in this country with self righteous bull about political correctness on how people should live and how things should be run :evil:

The Town Council is full of geriatric whinges with nothing more constructive to do with thier time. They are campaigning against progress at every opportunity as well as costing us extra on our Council Tax. How ridiculous when you have The Cabinet Member for Regeneration undertaking the role of chair of this forum of nimbys. The Cabinst Member in question is also against many other aspects of Regeneration all becasue the people of Morecambe lack the intelligence to recognise this factor.
Suzi Quatro

Postby Mark S » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:57 am

I was concerned when I started reading the original post. I then realsied you meant the Town Council and was relieved to remember that they dont have any power.
Mark S

Postby bigreddog » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:35 pm

Mark S wrote:I was concerned when I started reading the original post. I then realsied you meant the Town Council and was relieved to remember that they dont have any power.

:lol: spot on Mark

They can pontificate about whatever they like. They even convened a meeting to vote on a motion opposing the link road the other week until they realised they hadn't followed their own standing orders so the meeting was defunked. piss up and brewery come to mind. But like you say no real power, except raising taxes of course :? :x

Oh by the way Suzi, they're not all from the MBI Party, John Day MBE is there as well, he may be a lone voice, but he's there fair and square.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:11 pm

Mark S wrote:I was concerned when I started reading the original post. I then realsied you meant the Town Council and was relieved to remember that they dont have any power.

I second that no need to worry they don't have the power to do anything
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion