Phil Jevons contract?

Re: Phil Jevons contract?

Postby darrenlock » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:43 pm

Jevons is a journeyman footballer thoughout his career so far , of Morecambe can afford him with his wages and an reasonable bid to Huddlesfield we could get him.Maybe my fear is if he keeps scoring other teams from league1 will look at him.Hope Sammy moves quick to keep him please.

1-1 On Saturday 2,500 attendance
darrenlock

Postby burrowshrimp » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:48 pm

I'll be listening to that, hope we do offer him something. He's a proven goalscorer at this level and higher.
burrowshrimp

Postby darrenlock » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:51 pm

I remember about 4-5 years ago when i watched Colchester vs Huddlesfield at Layer Road with phil parkingson in charge watching Jevons and he had great vision and touch on the ball his career i thought then was a championship player so im surprised his in league2
darrenlock

Postby burrowshrimp » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:53 pm

I am myself, maybe things just haven't worked out for him last year at Huddersfield. Can only be good for us with him here.
burrowshrimp

Postby darrenlock » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:56 pm

He soo such a good centre forward at league1 level then.Hope morecambe get offered him a 18months contract or 2 year contract if sign at end of season because you dont see that many long term 4-5 year contracts in league2 because of most clubs dont have the cash to offer the contracts.
darrenlock

Postby burrowshrimp » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:03 pm

Yes i think it would be good to just make sure he's ours.
burrowshrimp

Postby james456 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:08 pm

Unless the board are absolute idiots (which they aren't) then I'm sure they will already be enquiring about a permanent transfer for Jevons. The management see what the fans see - a quality striker and they will surely try to sign Phil at all costs.
james456

Postby darrenlock » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:13 pm

At all costs not sure about that Jevons scored alot already so i have no idea what Huddlesfield fell his worth.
I think Jevons for his age is worth about 300k and i am concered could bigger clubs match that offer on the table
darrenlock

Postby Richard Head » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:33 pm

darrenlock wrote:I remember about 4-5 years ago when i watched Colchester vs Huddlesfield at Layer Road with phil parkingson in charge watching Jevons and he had great vision and touch on the ball his career i thought then was a championship player so im surprised his in league2

Not sure who you were watching mate but it wasnt Phil Jevons. 4 or 5 years ago he was playing for Yeovil, he didnt sign for Huddersfield until November 2007
Richard Head

Postby darrenlock » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:35 pm

Rich cant be 100% sure i remeber watching this game maybe 2006-2007 the season Colchester went up in league1 because they had chris iwelumo (colchester)
darrenlock

Postby Posh » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:50 pm

darrenlock wrote:At all costs not sure about that Jevons scored alot already so i have no idea what Huddlesfield fell his worth.
I think Jevons for his age is worth about 300k and i am concered could bigger clubs match that offer on the table

First of all Jevons is worth nothing at the end of the season because he's out of contract. At the moment he's on a season long to us and will only be pulled back to Huddersfield if they get an acceptable offer for him. That's unlikely to come from us because why make an offer for a player we've already got? If we signed him in January we'd be paying a fee and then his full wages. At the moment we're likely to be paying only part of his wages - which brings me neatly to the next point.

No one has any idea what Phil Jevons's salary is at Huddersfield and what portion of that we pay. If he was on £1,000 a week then we've got a very good chance of signing him because we could improve that wage; if he's on £2,000 a week then he might join for a small drop in wages; if he's on £4,000 a week, and there are players at Huddersfield, allegedly on that amount, then would a player take a 50% or greater wage cut to come to us or would you look to retain your standard of living with a higher paying League 1 club?

I would love to see Phil Jevons continue his goalscoring form until the end of the season and take us up to League 1 and then talk to him in the summer. Be assured though that the board will make all the right decisions.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby darrenlock » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:54 pm

The only advantage i guess is Jevons is settled very quickly at Morecambe and became a cult hero
darrenlock

Postby Keith » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:16 pm

I'd love to see The Bay helicopter drop in to Christie Park with PJ on board, and Santa getting him to sign a contract! 8-)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:29 pm

We have a very good board if they think it's worth paying a fee in January then they will look into the posibilty of signing him if the funds allow for it or we may just wait untill the end of the season and see what happens.
heysham_mfc

Postby darrenlock » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:35 pm

good point Morecambe have got good strikers on the books now onwards and upwards in league2
darrenlock

Postby Captain Haddock » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:23 am

Really hope you manage to get PJ. He's a decent striker who's obviously gelling with you guys pretty well and wants to sign on a perm'?! Brilliant.

Not sure how you'll play it regards his contract being up in the Summer / Jan tranny window etc but Huddersfield are unlikely to want to extend his deal there as they have an embarrassment of riches at the club up front (we should know: 7-1!) :(

don't think they'll be silly about the price either as they are the biggest spenders in L1 this season.

Hope to see him playing for you against us next season ... Though not scoring vs us obviously! ;)
.....and Smith must score! (1983) :(

Captain Haddock

Postby George Dawes » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:06 am

if we didn't get Jevons it wouldn't be the the end of the world to our progress and the brand of football where playing now, for me with Drummond being past 30+ although playing outstanding stuff this season

it's M Panther id like to make equal efforts to sign if possible financially
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:56 am

[b]
DawZi wrote:if we didn't get Jevons it wouldn't be the the end of the world to our progress[/b] and the brand of football where playing now, for me with Drummond being past 30+ although playing outstanding stuff this season

it's M Panther id like to make equal efforts to sign if possible financially

No offence.....but what planet are you on? Must be lonely all by yourself!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:47 am

Posh wrote:No one has any idea what Phil Jevons's salary is at Huddersfield and what portion of that we pay.

I am very disappointed in you Mike as this gentleman here does know ;)
deanhoyle.jpg

Good interview by Phil J on the radio last night. He puts the current success down to our change in mentality :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:04 pm

.....was it just me, or did others listening to PJ on the radio get the impression that he's loving his time with us and really wants to stay? Seems to have put a lot of faith in the fitness coach and our new physio both of whom got a further pat on the back from Jimbo.

Sounds as though a lot of work is going on behind closed doors and that is now paying dividens in terms of fitness and mental approach as well as nutritional input into the lads dietary habits.

Excellent!

:) :) :)
Last edited by Christies Child on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:10 pm

Christies Child wrote:Sounds as though a lot of work is going on behind close doors

What about far away doors?
campdave

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:15 pm

on't be a onkey. Ha ha CC's post just vanished :lol:
Last edited by marky No.1 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:18 pm

d....d.....d....
:oops: :oops: :oops:
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:21 pm

Christies Child wrote:d....d.....d....
:oops: :oops: :oops:

I prefer DD myself :lol: Oh well time for my Friday slap :oops:

Come on Jev sock it to 'em :D
marky No.1

Postby Posh » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:52 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
Posh wrote:No one has any idea what Phil Jevons's salary is at Huddersfield and what portion of that we pay.

I am very disappointed in you Mike as this gentleman here does know ;)

So other than the Huddersfield Chairman, Huddersfield board, Phil Jevons, his agent, his missus, some close mates possibly, Graham Hodgson, the rest of the Morecambe board, certain people at HMRC who process his tax, the Morecambe FC or Huddersfield Town payroll company, people at his bank, people at his mortgage company (if he has one), and that bloke off Spooks who does the computers at MI5 because he knows bloody everything...

...NO ONE has any idea what...
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion