wycombe board

wycombe board

Postby scalehallshrimp » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:39 pm

interesting comments about us such as
Morecambe. Dogged. Industrious. Workman-like. Ordinary. If we have any pretensions of making the play-offs we really should be beating the like of Morecambe, especially at home. But we failed, as expected. The ready-made excuses have already been trotted out; it was the first game of the season; new signings need time to gel; all as expected.

scalehall shrimp
scalehallshrimp

Re: wycombe board

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:02 pm

Strange name for a forum :roll:

http://www.gasroom.co.uk/

I can understand it if it was Chester :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:34 pm

McAvennie wrote:Re: Thoughts on the game

What consistently amazes me though is no matter who is boos or who is playing the same thing seems to happen every time we play these small-time defensive clubs.

We have the majority of the possession, fail to finish our chances and then get caught on the break or from a lone corner that they manage to win. Happens every time with us.

Really??? I thought we were on top and they scored against the run of play! We had at least had a few shots before conceding including one that fizzed just over the bar.

And 'good' to see the standard of refereeing has not gone up. Today's ref confirmed the general opinion of the officials as self-important jobsworths. Doherty booked for having the nerve to take the free-kick before the ref had blown. Was stupid by Doherty but never worthy of a card.

Not sure there is any other action that can be taken for that? I think it comes under dissent?

Yet the Morecambe fullbacks can fly in with reckless challenges that could have caused serious injury in the conditions we played in and it only merits a telling off.

Disgraceful.

He was indeed, crap. But crap both ways. We had two penalty shouts (one 'reasonable shout' one 'ball to hand', so probably right not to be given). That said, I've seen both given in the past. One of their defenders tackled just outside the box, our lad would have been first up if their defender hadn't dragged him back down by his shirt! I wonder if he was the one who contacted 606 to say we were time waisting, forgetting that their lad was down with cramp for ages and the other delay was to fix their netting that was falling down? :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby slackAlice » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:48 pm

I'm not sure if I heard it , read it or dreamt it - but Mr Linnington from the Isle of Wight [referee] ; well it was his first league game in charge. It showed as well -overly fussy - would be the words. The palava when one of theirs went down with what looked like cramp and then the fella had to run over with a bucket to fix the net ...and more. There was 6 minutes added on but it could easily of been 10.

* didn't realise Keith had made more or less the same points above ! :o
slackAlice

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:33 am

How about how long it took to rescue the one ball when it ran out of play while they were 1.0 up! After we equalised all of a sudden 3 balls appeared :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion