Phil Jevons contract?

Phil Jevons contract?

Postby Christies Child » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:22 am

I hope that the powers that be are in a position to open negotiations with Huddersfield as a matter of urgency to secure PJ on a permanent contract.

His record to date will have alerted other clubs and he could become a wanted man come January. I seem to recall that although he's on a season long loan that there is the chance of him being available on a permanent deal as of next month.

I'd hate to loose out on him, especially as he appears to be enjoying his football again, which to a striker is so important.

:?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Phil Jevons contract?

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:26 am

totally agree neil - if pj stays fit all season we will make play offs minimum (our first 20 goal a season striker for a long while)
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:48 am

Bloody hell I hope not because this would seriously turn things around :cry: . PJ's contract at Huddersfield is up in the summer of 2010 :) .
http://www.htafc.com/page/NewsDetail/0, ... 44,00.html

as long as Huddersfield don't get too many injuries i think we'll be ok as they're doing well themselves although he is now 'in the shop window' so that worries me a bit.
nobbyshrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:06 am

yes, i think we all need to keep cheering Huddersfield on! :D

I suppose there are a lot of 'un-knowns'. If another team came in for Phil in the January window, would he want to risk moving somewhere else if he's happy here? Would he want to risk not being first choice at another club when he's first choice here? Huddersfield may recall him if they want/need to play him but I'm not sure that he'll want to move somewhere else just yet... (or is that just wishful thinking???)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:10 am

Keith wrote:yes, i think we all need to keep cheering Huddersfield on! :D

I suppose there are a lot of 'un-knowns'. If another team came in for Phil in the January window, would he want to risk moving somewhere else if he's happy here? Would he want to risk not being first choice at another club when he's first choice here? Huddersfield may recall him if they want/need to play him but I'm not sure that he'll want to move somewhere else just yet... (or is that just wishful thinking???)

He is on a season long loan so I dont think another club could take him from us.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:20 am

Yes they can :!: If he agrees to go to a club and Huddersfield agree a fee with that club then they will first recall him and then transfer him, easy as that. Thats another reason they have got that clause to recall him, but i'm just hoping most teams will realise his contract is up in the summer and wait as he would be a free agent so why pay a fee for only 5mths, but you never no in football. He is certainly making himself known but on the good side he is BANGING THEM IN for Morecambe at the moment :P
nobbyshrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:29 am

Let's just hope that it doesn't come to that.

I'm sure that if funds are available that Sammy would like him and probably more importantly assuming that PJ wanted to stay, then a deal that is acceptable to all parties could hopefully be done.

'All we want for Christmas is........' etc etc etc ;) ;) ;)
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:41 am

the more goals he scores the more his transfer fee goes up i reckon by now he must be worth £200.000?

so realistically can we afford to sign all three loans players in Jevons Craney and Panther, like i brought up in a post a few weeks ago but was barked down for being negative :?
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:54 am

Proven goalscorers don't come cheap. If we are only in a position to buy one of the three, then my money would be on PJ.

I like Craney (and wanted us to get him from Alty ahead of Accy) but is he ahead of Panther (free agent also) on the 'wanted' list? For me 'no'. But it will all depend on 'signing on fees', 'agents fees' and 'player terms' I guess at the end of the day.
Christies Child

Postby shrimper » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:18 pm

As I said previously Phil seemed a really genuine lad and the impression he gave from the outset that he was wanting to do well FOR US to see if he could get something more permanent WITH US.

I was really impressed with that attitude from him, he didn't have to say it and I do think he wanted to play for a manager who was settled at his club and who had faith in him, after being messed about a lot recently.

You never know in football but I can see it happening.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Keith » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:31 pm

DawZi wrote:the more goals he scores the more his transfer fee goes up i reckon by now he must be worth £200.000?

Being out of contract next summer, I can't see him being worth anything like that to Huddersfield, they either get something for him in January or nothing at all. If he wants to stay here we may get him quite cheaply in January. The worry is a 'bigger' club, Bradford for example, coming in for him. In that case, we have to hope, as Shrimper suggests, that he decides his career is best placed by being settled and supported rather than another gamble where he may move in and out of favour.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:51 pm

wasn't to sure about the length of contract he as with Huddersfield

i can see bigger clubs coming in for him but seeing as he's had a unsettled career, if he's anything about him he will stay unless he is offered triple in wages to what we can afford for family reasons financially
George Dawes

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:00 pm

Pj looks very happy when you see goal highlights on tv - to get a striker of is quality at our club on loan is brilliant but if we can sign him full time it would be amazing possibly one of best signings the club as ever made
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:17 pm

Fgh shrimp wrote:Pj looks very happy when you see goal highlights on tv - to get a striker of is quality at our club on loan is brilliant but if we can sign him full time it would be amazing possibly one of best signings the club as ever made

With a celebration dive like that how can we possibly not sign him? Must be worth a 9.9 :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:20 pm

rather pay a fee in January if we can afford it and get him signed up than risk losing him at the end of the season. You never know though he might just want to wait and see where we are in a couple of months time.
heysham_mfc

Postby campdave » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:05 pm

Christies Child wrote:Let's just hope that it doesn't come to that.

I'm sure that if funds are available that Sammy would like him and probably more importantly assuming that PJ wanted to stay, then a deal that is acceptable to all parties could hopefully be done.

'All we want for Christmas is........' etc etc etc ;) ;) ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CC certainly likes his "if's"
campdave

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:14 pm

campdave wrote:CC certainly likes his "if's"

At the end of the day it's all if's and
bigbutts.jpg
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:59 pm

marky No.1

Postby Dragofly » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:10 pm

Great player, but correct me if I'm wrong 7 of the 12 goals have come from penalties.
Dragofly

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:07 pm

Dragofly wrote:Great player, but correct me if I'm wrong 7 of the 12 goals have come from penalties.

ok your wrong !

I think its 4 penalties, but dont forget he has won some of the penalties when he looked like scoring (Northampton at home comes to mind)
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:38 pm

Dragofly wrote:Great player, but correct me if I'm wrong 7 of the 12 goals have come from penalties.

So what! It takes a lot of bottle to take a pen and requires a lot of self belief.

Couldn't care less if he scored all his goals from the spot, they all count towards a winning streak.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:29 pm

Christies Child wrote:

So what! It takes a lot of bottle to take a pen and requires a lot of self belief.

Couldn't care less if he scored all his goals from the spot, they all count towards a winning streak.

Was'nt that long ago that we were hardly ever awarded a penalty cos we were never in the box in the first place!
marky No.1

Postby burrowshrimp » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:16 pm

SIgn him now permanantly before someone else does!!!!!!!!!!!!
burrowshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:32 pm

burrowshrimp wrote:SIgn him now permanantly before someone else does!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you abbo in disguise??????
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:38 pm

Just been on Radio Lancashire 4.30pm Sports update, where PJ has said that given the opportunity he'd love to sign a permanent deal.

Both PJ and Jimbo will be on the Sports Show at 6pm tonight. 104.5fm

Excellent news.....let's hope that the Board can agree a deal.

What a superb Christmans move that would be!

:D :D :D :D
Christies Child

Next

Return to General Discussion