When our run ends.

When our run ends.

Postby ezz » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:31 pm

I fully expect us to begin another one :D Obviously we are going to draw or lose sometime, which is inevitble the bigger question is will we be affected by it enough to go back to our drawing ways or on an equally bad run.
I think given we still have players out, influential ones like Panther when the inevitable happens our squad will be at full strength to bounce back and carry on our play-off hunting form. Whats an even better feeling is that our run so far hasn't been a fluke and not even close, we've played some cracking football and scored some brilliant goals. Honestly barring injuries (touch wood) to Jevons and Mullin, I expect us to be make the play-offs especially if teams ignore our run of form and keep on setting up like they are playing 'lowly morecambe'.

10 wins in a row anyone??? :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Re: When our run ends.

Postby Keith » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:47 pm

Next Saturday will be a real marker as to where we have come to. If we beat Bournemouth, we can go all the way.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby darrenlock » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:50 pm

For me they are 5-6 teams up for automatic promotion i think this season the best team at Christie Park i saw was Screwsbury, id expect rotherham,notts county , dagenham and redbridge , screwsbury , rotherham and rochdale to be going for top3.
darrenlock

Postby bigreddog » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:51 pm

Keith wrote:Next Saturday will be a real marker as to where we have come to. If we beat Bournemouth, we can go all the way.

and "My mate who's a Port Vale fan reckons we are good for automatic promotion this season."

Keith can you stop saying things like this, you're beggining to worry me.

you're right of course though.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:52 pm

the run we are on i think bournemouth would be happy with a draw next saturday
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby ezz » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:39 pm

Any team we play we cant ask to be playing at a better time, were buzzing with confidence at both ends of the pitch. Whether we win, draw or lose against Bournmouth I know the game after our confidence will still be high and we can bounce back.
A win against Bournmouth would be incredible and we could see a massive attendance when we play Stanley around christmas if we continue our form.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby George Dawes » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:56 pm

Bournemouth next week couldn't have come at a better time especially being at home aswell
George Dawes

Postby CASS » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:14 pm

Some big games next week,not least our's..Bury v Daggers..No££s Cty vAccy...Brat'fud v Rotherham... It's a bit like the first lap of the Grand national..We are up there Holding our own,Feeling good, with those around us looking over their shoulders,Best Hoss,Great jockey and time on our side.Thing is we have to keep up this "What the f£%K" are thy doing there
situation. THEN as we reach the run in.. I would not bet against us for a place in this Race ...
Love it F£%&ing Love IT. :D
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby Keith » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:12 pm

CASS wrote:Some big games next week,not least our's..Bury v Daggers..No££s Cty vAccy...Brat'fud v Rotherham... It's a bit like the first lap of the Grand national..We are up there Holding our own,Feeling good, with those around us looking over their shoulders,Best Hoss,Great jockey and time on our side.Thing is we have to keep up this "What the f£%K" are thy doing there
situation. THEN as we reach the run in.. I would not bet against us for a place in this Race ...

Good stuff down the sausage! :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby CASS » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:55 am

Keith wrote:
CASS wrote:Some big games next week,not least our's..Bury v Daggers..No££s Cty vAccy...Brat'fud v Rotherham... It's a bit like the first lap of the Grand national..We are up there Holding our own,Feeling good, with those around us looking over their shoulders,Best Hoss,Great jockey and time on our side.Thing is we have to keep up this "What the f£%K" are thy doing there

Good stuff down the sausage! :lol:

Ha...You read me like a Book mate..Just got back from the Saus after watching that lad from Bolton beat his opponant up. But I guess I am not to far away with what I said..Teams will not want to play us, We are not supposed to "Up set the Apple cart" we are Moraecamebe
New'ish to the league,"up starts" if you like!.. but recent form would say "Woww" This club mean buisseness (Ok speeling not great...Try drinkin with my alter ego) Lets keep it up :D. At present we are fumbling around the "Stocking Top" ! LET'S go for the Gusset :roll:
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:41 am

Keith wrote:Next Saturday will be a real marker as to where we have come to. If we beat Bournemouth, we can go all the way.

If we beat Bournemouth we could be in the highest position we have been in ever
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimper » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:26 pm

I thought Bury was that.

Bournemouth have quite a small (but very good) squad by all accounts and you never know - a lot of games for most of the players and it may just start to take its toll soon.

The thing that encourages me is that our recent results have come, not from just a few cracking goals (though we've got some of those) nor from bits of individual flair like we used to see with Baker and Thommo.

It's been down to good tactics, good organisation and real hard work all over the pitch.

When we lose possession we get behind the ball from Mullin and Jevons, to all the midfield - before they get neat a defence which now has ability and a bit of pace.

That's hard to counter.

We will have a few slip-ups and we will meet teams who see things pay off for them on the day but these results are no flash in the pan.

And as long as we keep up our attitude and workrate, freshen up with Panther, maybe Wainwright, Duffy and Bentley if needed (and I'd still like to see us get a young striker with pace on loan in January - just to give us a different option when needed in games) I think we can continue good form right to the end.

There are other good teams still above us so you never know where it will take us - but I am confident we can at least stay in touch until the final stages.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:29 pm

Totally agree Keith, i do think though this will be far too tough but if we can beat these then there is no reason why we cannot hit the automatic promotion spot, yep I said automatic :D
thegentlegiant

Postby MorecambeMickey » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:48 pm

CASS wrote:but recent form would say "Woww" This club mean buisseness

I thought recent form would say Wwww-ww.
MorecambeMickey

Return to General Discussion