England 6/1 to Lift World Cup

England 6/1 to Lift World Cup

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:07 pm

I know the draw has'nt been done yet and we have "on paper" a really good group of players and a Top Manager BUT surely with our "luck" in Tournament Football

Argentina 10/1
Germany 12/1
Holland 14/1
Italy 14/1
France 16/1
and Portugal at 20/1 are better value :roll:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/int ... win-market
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: England 6/1 to Lift World Cup

Postby shrimper » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:20 pm

Ivory Coast each way is my value bet.

I also like the odds on Chile and Serbia.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:34 pm

shrimper wrote:Ivory Coast each way is my value bet.

I also like the odds on Chile and Serbia.

The African Nations have been surprising people for a few tournaments now and it won't be too long before one of them wins it. They are pure athletes and the fact that it is taking place on their Continent will give them an advantage.

Drogba would get in anyones team at the moment 8-)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Stanley Bowles » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:41 pm

Franky Worthington was a far better player than Drogba fall about. Hes not what our beautifull game is about :roll:
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:09 am

I wonder what price we are at foreign bookmakers? The ones over here are obviously skewed by drunken idiots and grandmas lumping on plucky old England. I know Brazil have a tough group, but to say that we have a better chance than the 5 time champions is utterly ridiculous. Lest we forget, they are still the only country to win a World cup outside their own continent. Chile is a very good outside bet. They've been missing from the last few tournaments but had a strong performance in their qualifying section, and if playing games at varying altitudes is going to be a factor at some games then they probably have more experience than most others at coping with this.
RedRedWine1

Postby Mark S » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:09 am

England now at 5/1 after the draw :o
Mark S

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:23 am

Mark S wrote:England now at 5/1 after the draw :o

You can still get 6/1 with Coral, though I'm not sure there is one around here. Prior to the draw Ladbrokes were offering 7/1 on England, when the market re-opened they were at 5's which is far too short. Assuming they win the group they'll face the runner-up from Germany, Australia, Ghana, and Serbia looks dangerous given that England are unlikely to come up against stiff opposition in their group matches.
RedRedWine1

Postby ezz » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:27 am

It's obvious about 20million from the UK population are going to lump anything from a pound to a tenner on england just for the sake of it. So if we happen to win the bookies are screwed which is why we have such low odds.
Personally I think Spain will win it, or Brazil they are just big tourny winners so you can never count them out.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:38 am

The bookie will always win, you're just trying to beat eveybody else in the book. Betfair is the place to be.
RedRedWine1

Return to General Discussion