dawsie

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:35 pm

your words

his selections
+his daft system/formation
+his substitutions
+his signings
= his fault

people can find all the excuses they wish and bemoan our luck, we have a serious relegation battle on!
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Re: dawsie

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:01 am

Dawzi has already got around this by suggesting that after recognising Dawzi's criticisms, Sammy has changed the formation and hence we have now won five in a row. Why Dawzi is the manager I do not know. Such a reply fails to see that we were:

* Playing well at the start of the season and just needed a bit of luck.

* Required a bit of time for Sammy's signings to put together the longest winning run in our short spell in the Football League.

* Drawing against most of the top sides, which at the time viewed as poor results.

You won't get him and the rest to eat his hat, or agree ownership to some of the complete nonsense that was being posted a few weeks ago. We are not Manchester United (for most a simple observation), throughout our history we have been up and down. Sometimes people on here oscillate far too much above and below the equilibrium of realism. We are heading in the right direction.

In Sammy We Trust, bring on the Vale.
RedRedWine1

Postby George Dawes » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:21 am

alway had belief in the players apart ftom the pace of Adams

took a while for the penny to drop with SM, felt teams had sussed is out tactically with the wing-back system, and felt we had the players and they where good enough to go man for man and play 4 4 2/4 3 3, and even Jimbo as since praised the new system with the players

SM as since Changed the system tactically and dropped Adams now on a wining streak

and am sure if i went through forums which am not i will show dates and quotes to back this statement up so thats you shot down mrpotatohead ;)
George Dawes

Postby campdave » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:06 am

As ever, I feel Adams is being judged unfairly here - he's too slow to play full-back, I think we all realise that, and I think he's being caned for some performances in that position from last season.

As part of a back three, he's superb IMO - he's the "spare" of the three, and can remember several occasions when his ability to do that broke up promising attacks for the opposition.

As we're now playing a back four, I don't think he fits into our plans there - too slow to play full back, and not tall enough to offer threat at attacking set pieces or to mark opposition strikers defending set pieces.

People are welcome to their opinions, but blaming Adams as the sole reason for our early season form is the rambling of a moron - and that's my opinion.
campdave

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:07 am

I don't think anyone could disagree that we were all worrying a bit after the display against Northampton.

If the team had suddenly turned the corner without SM changing anything then I'm sure Dawzi would hold his hands up and admit that he was wrong, however you have to agree that our current run of form has coincided with a formation and personnel change.

I don't quite see why people find the need to single out individuals for their comments made weeks ago when there was quite a tide of pessimism from dozens on this board.

We weren't getting the results, Sammy changed things and now we are. Dawzi was well within his rights to question what was going on and I'm sure he will be as happy as the rest of us that we have put a run of form together.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing mrpotatohead .
North Stand Shrimp

Postby shrimper » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:20 am

I'm with campdave on this one. I don't think the system was changed because Adams hadn't been playing well - he had.

The results of the past few weeks have clouded a bit of judgment IMO. We had played well in previous games, against good opposition, with a 5-3-2 (or as I prefer to see it a 3-5-2) formation.

We were excellent at Torquay and saw off Lincoln quite comfortably with that formation, using our wingbacks very well and Adams playing his part.

I still think it all hinged on the game at Carlisle when they really overcame our tactic with two fullbacks who were their best players on the day (particularly their right back who snuffed Wilson out for the entire game).

We knew we'd be playing them again on the Tuesday, couldn't avoid changing it for that so trialled it at Crewe.

It worked well there, then in the replay and we stuck with it.

I like the way it looks now because we have Wilson, Parrish and Haining who all have enough pace to cope with quick forwards and Artell who has played out of his skin for a year now and reads the game so well.

But there may still be cause to use 3-5-2 again in the future and Adams, or Bentley, may still have a role to play in that. And if we do I would still be happy that Adams would play well.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby George Dawes » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:18 pm

campdave

People are welcome to their opinions, but blaming Adams as the sole reason for our early season form is the rambling of a moron - and that's my opinion.

and who the hell on here as acutely blamed or been quoted as saying Adams is the sole reason only to do MFC bad run of results, and absolutely nothing to do with anything else what so ever

i actually prefer him at left-back than as a 3rd defender as you seem to rate, and still feel he would be my automatic choice in the squad to come in for Wilson if injuried but only in a flat back four as he's to small and to slow to mark forwards

so people who come out with wild assumption's trying to insult other people's opinions by snide remarks in a open football discussion forum are morons
in my book..
George Dawes

Postby Morecambe Jack » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:45 pm

I also agree with Campdave and Shrimper.

There were only a few games where we can say we played poor - Burton and Northampton. We were unlucky against Hereford, Aldershot (by all accounts, despite the scoreline) and Torquay (with their 12 men). Then we had draws against Chesterfield, Rochdale, Rotherham, Dagenham, Shrewsbury and Bradford- all bloody good results! Prior to wednesday, for instance, we were the ONLY team to get ANYTHING from Saltergate this season!

If we were playing badly then you could perhaps understand people worrying, but we weren't and most people should have realised that. Thats why when even some very loyal fans were calling for sammy's head on facebook I put *dislike* (you know who you are lol!).

As for Danny Adams being the centre of all the blame for our "poor form" well, its ridiculous. For the Northampton game for instance, he certainly wasnt the worst player on the park and not even the worst defender IMO (im pretty sure jimbo was at fault for a couple of the goals).
Morecambe Jack

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:53 pm

I wish people could read previous posts fully!

NO ONE has said "Danny Adams was the centre of all the blame for our "poor form" . So wind your necks in!

One poster said he didn't have "belief" in Danny Adam's pace.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Morecambe Jack » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:14 pm

Well I'M saying that i think he was being targeted as the reason behind it - or at the very least taking an unfair share of the criticism. Im not talking about just this thread, but threads at the time.

Jimbo hardly has much pace either does he? But he doesnt get any criticism for it! Both of them make up for it in other areas obviously.

And please dont tell me to wind my neck in, I rarely post on here anyway because of responses like yours but I read pretty much every post on every thread (usually while avoiding work) so I think I can suggest if i feel he has had unfair criticism or not.
Morecambe Jack

Postby George Dawes » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:04 pm

OK i wont mince my words now and please quote me!!

why the hell is playing a 5 man defence being positive after how many draws?, and please smart arses jumping on the band wagon ? after a wining streak with playing a flat back four?? now say obviously otherwise ??
George Dawes

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:40 pm

ya missed de h out of whining, :lol: :lol:

yer mum :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby George Dawes » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:42 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:ya missed de h out of whining, :lol: :lol:

yer mum :lol:

please say it to my face :lol:
George Dawes

Return to General Discussion