Morecambe 3 Bury 0 Jevons (2) own goal f/t

Re: Morecambe 3 Bury 0 Jevons (2) own goal f/t

Postby Keith » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:20 pm

Fgh shrimp wrote:another great result tonight - i have... ...missed last few games but hoping to get back to matches very soon

So while you've been away, we've started winning?

HE'S A JINX!!! Quick, ASPERS... BURN HIM!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fgh shrimp wrote: i have had a few personal problems and missed last few games

Obviously, joking apart, hope you are back soon!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:19 pm

Great result and a good all round team performance from front to back on a difficult evening. The conditions were terrible; kicking towards the old Umbro Stand looked like hard work. It was great to go into the break level having battled against a very good Bury team and the weather for the first 45. They were looking the more likely going into the break, having hit the post from a free-kick and squandered some promising openings. With the wind behind us the second half proved to be much easier as we proceeded to get the ball down and play around Bury.

The penalty was harsh, yes it hit their players hand but I don't think it was deliberate. Their player was only a yard or two away from the balls delivery point, and the time to adjust was minimal. If that had gone against us I would be annoyed. Having said that, I don't think the awarded penalty would have changed the overall result. We had come out looking much the better side in the second half and it was only a matter of time. Bury needed a lead at half time, with factors in our favour they were always up against it in the second (as we were in the first).

We are becoming clinical in front of goal. Jevons had a quiet day and little involvement, yet still scored twice. We've needed somebody like this for years. Hopefully we can keep hold of him for the season.

Hunter seems to be turning into Drummond of old, in that he is the sponsors automatic choice for man of the match. He played well last night, but my personal choice would be for Artell. Leading the defence to a clean sheet in those conditions is quite an achievement. He made a great challenge at the start of the second half with the goal gaping, was solid throughout and generally had good distribution all night. MOOOOOOSSSSSEE!
Last edited by RedRedWine1 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedRedWine1

Postby Morecambe Jack » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:30 pm

If anyone who subscribes to world is interested, there is an interview with Alan Knill on Bury World - not a happy chap! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Morecambe Jack

Postby Christies Child » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:34 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:If anyone who subscribes to world is interested, there is an interview with Alan Knill on Bury World - not a happy chap! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Interestingly the Bury Press Brigade sat behind us last night and the main of point of discussion was 'what excuse will Knill come out with this time...if he even bothers to talk to us?'

Seems that he has a habit of being very uncooperative when they loose and will never give the opposition any credit at all.

Sad b*gger!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:15 pm

another great resul in horrible conditions glad the weather improved slightly in the second half and it seemed to help both teams. Was a bit supprised at Bury was expecting a bit more of a fight from them as soon as we got the pen they seemed to fall apart a bit but it was another fantastic result for the team. This winning lark is easy don't know why we didn't think of it before! Bring on Port Vale :D
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:07 pm

alwaysright wrote: im amazed with Artell's form he looks like a different player.

It must be the Captain's armband. He must keep it under his pillow so that Jim can't get his hands on it! He'll have a sleepless night now in case there is a knock on the bedroom door! :lol:

Morecambe Jack wrote:If anyone who subscribes to world is interested, there is an interview with Alan Knill on Bury World - not a happy chap! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alan Knill ~ Sammy Three :D :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Previous

Return to General Discussion