BBC... Bloomin' Bull Crap?

BBC... Bloomin' Bull Crap?

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:14 pm

BBC Web wrote:Wycombe 1-1 Morecambe

Defender David Artell struck a second-half equaliser to earn Morecambe a point at Adams Park.

Shrimps keeper Barry Roche saved from Chris Zebroski but he could not prevent Lewwis Spence scoring with a right-foot effort from 20 yards.

Gavin Grant came close to a second with a 20-yard strike but Roche pulled off a superb fingertip save.

Artell equalised for the visiting team from close range but neither team came close to snatching a winner.

I suppose a good save followed by a defender clearing the ball off the line doesn't count as 'coming close'? Was the writer of this actually at the game?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: BBC... Bloomin' Bull Crap?

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:32 am

I think the BBC actually don't send a reporter to the match, but rather glean info from match reports and rewrite it in their own words. It ends up a bit like Chinese whispers and maybe what could have originally been, "Both teams came close to snatching a winner" becomes, "But neither team came close....etc"

That's what I reakon anyway.

It happens all to often with the BBC write ups
North Stand Shrimp

Re: BBC... Bloomin' Bull Crap?

Postby lauralou_mfc » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:25 pm

Us and Wycombe have both played 2 games according to the express
lauralou_mfc

Return to General Discussion