looming transfer window & the wage bill

looming transfer window & the wage bill

Postby George Dawes » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:33 pm

in's = dont need anybody to be honest the squad is good enough

out's =
McStay out on loan
Taylor ?
Adams ?
Craney? a high earner now finds it hard to get in the team now, with the form of the old guard Stanley Drummond Hunter Twiss and Duffy Wainwright on the bench, and plus we have Panther to come back
George Dawes

Re: looming transfer window & the wage bill

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:14 pm

DawZi wrote:in's = dont need anybody to be honest the squad is good enough

out's =
McStay out on loan
Taylor ?
Adams ?
Craney? a high earner now finds it hard to get in the team now, with the form of the old guard Stanley Drummond Hunter Twiss and Duffy Wainwright on the bench, and plus we have Panther to come back

why would you put a :?: mark for adams,you have always made your opinion about adams,which is out.........
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby George Dawes » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:38 pm

not easy getting rid of players just like that and it depends on options available and contracts ie, we could loan Adams out till the summer and when his contract ends then yes id release him as we have McStay & Parrish and Wilson who now must be the best left-back in L2

and i did also put a :?: over other players Taylor could put him out on a season long loan at somewhere like Lancaster or Fleetwood etc and see what he's made of

Craney he must be one of the highest earners at the club and not even getting in the first team

need to start saving up for a roof..
George Dawes

Postby campdave » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:57 pm

DawZi wrote:
Craney he must be one of the highest earners at the club and not even getting in the first team

hasn't he been injured the last few matches?
campdave

Postby Morecambe Jack » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:58 pm

I thought Craney was injured? He has played in 2 of our last 5 league games so hardly unable to get in the first team.
Morecambe Jack

Postby George Dawes » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:09 pm

ok.. ill rephrase the Craney he must be one of the highest earners at the club and not even getting in the first team

Craney he must be one of the highest earners at the club and not guaranteed of getting in the first team with his inconsistent form and now with the wealth of choice in the midfield department
George Dawes

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:19 pm

DawZi wrote:ok.. ill rephrase the Craney he must be one of the highest earners at the club and not even getting in the first team

Craney he must be one of the highest earners at the club and not guaranteed of getting in the first team with his inconsistent form and now with the wealth of choice in the midfield department

DawZ craney is really injured beleive me :roll: :roll:
shrimpnsave

Postby Crooky MFC » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:22 pm

So, because he isn't guaranteed to start in the first team every week, we should send him back to Huddersfield? :? IMO no-one is guaranteed a place every week, we have such a strong squad that anyone is capable of coming in and doing a good job for us.
Crooky MFC

Postby George Dawes » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:30 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
DawZi wrote:ok.. ill rephrase the Craney he must be one of the highest earners at the club and not even getting in the first team

DawZ craney is really injured beleive me :roll: :roll:

Ive already acknowledged that but still Craney he must be one of the highest earners at the club and not guaranteed of getting in the first team with his inconsistent form and now with the wealth of choice in the midfield department

who will he come in for now and there's been a couple of games this season am sure when he's been fit sat on the bench

it was only nearly about this time last season when we had a transfer embargo, and attendances haven't improved and plus i think we have a bigger squad the season so my way of thinking is the shit could hit the fan at more expense of the new stadium
George Dawes

Postby George Dawes » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:33 pm

we could end up losing another roof :|
George Dawes

Postby darrenlock » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:34 pm

I think that nobody else will be coming in come January but with end of season and up two eleven player's out of contract i'd rather see what will happen to those player's.
Hope we can get a loanee in janaury incase of injuries.

When Manny Panther back;D
darrenlock

Postby shrimper » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:56 pm

I am very happy with the squad (and have been from early in the season) but would like to see just one new player coming in. Some kid on a half season loan from Blackburn, Burnley or another nearby club who is quick and skilful up front. Just to give us a different option if needed.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:59 pm

Last edited by shrimpnsave on Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
shrimpnsave

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:03 pm

Happy with the squad that we have now maybe 1 or 2 ins and outs think a couple may go out on loan but don't see anything major happening
heysham_mfc

Postby Aspers » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:19 am

TBH if we keep on going the way we are we don't need to lose anyone and gates should improve.
I thought from early on that we had a great squad, a bit of fine tuning and we're off.
I am proud of the fact that our directors keep faith with their decisions and not influenced by knee jerk reactions and comments from "fans".
Like wise Sammy and the coaching staff.
7 goals in the last 2 games convinces me our strike force is not too bad 8-)
2 consecutive clean sheets or is it 1 convinces me our defence aren't too bad.
Dominance in midfield makes me think our midfield isn't too bad.

Summer in Australia makes me think things aint too bad. 8-) :lol:

Morecambe player priceless!
Aspers

Postby George Dawes » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:14 am

TBH if we keep on going the way we are we don't need to lose anyone and gates should improve

cant realy see it improving, only towards the end of the season if we are in with a shout of the play-offs with the large section of part time Morecambe fans jumping on the band wagon only see MFC as there 2nd team , and who's last game was probably against Notts County

ive got a bad feeling where splashing out more than we have coming in again, what ultimately will come out of more stadium money

where on 27 points now and id say 40 points should be to safety this season, so id trim the squad now
George Dawes

Postby campdave » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:57 am

DawZi wrote:ive got a bad feeling where splashing out more than we have coming in again, what ultimately will come out of more stadium money

And If that's the case, surely we should be prioritising ensuring revenue generating areas of the new stadium are ready, rather than a roof for a handful of fans?

DawZi wrote:where on 27 points now and id say 40 points should be to safety this season, so id trim the squad now

Does that mean you're happy to just avoid relegation this season? Funny, because when we were struggling a few weeks ago and a scrap looked like it could be on the cards, you were very vocal about your dissatisfaction with that.
campdave

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:43 am

DawZi wrote:
TBH if we keep on going the way we are we don't need to lose anyone and gates should improve

cant realy see it improving, only towards the end of the season if we are in with a shout of the play-offs with the large section of part time Morecambe fans jumping on the band wagon only see MFC as there 2nd team , and who's last game was probably against Notts County

ive got a bad feeling where splashing out more than we have coming in again, what ultimately will come out of more stadium money

where on 27 points now and id say 40 points should be to safety this season, so id trim the squad now

No way will 40 points be safe. Apart from Darlington there are no truly shocking teams or teams under points deductions. 50 points will be the real safety mark.

I think you will find that the Stadium money is "ring-fenced" and is not being used for salaries.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:23 am

shrimper wrote:I am very happy with the squad (and have been from early in the season) but would like to see just one new player coming in. Some kid on a half season loan from Blackburn, Burnley or another nearby club who is quick and skilful up front. Just to give us a different option if needed.

Wasn't there early season speculation that we hoped to bring in a 'speedy' loanee from one of our Premiership neighbours?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby ezz » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:10 am

Why was my post removed?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Weetabix Kid » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:41 am

shrimper wrote:I am very happy with the squad (and have been from early in the season) but would like to see just one new player coming in. Some kid on a half season loan from Blackburn, Burnley or another nearby club who is quick and skilful up front. Just to give us a different option if needed.

What he said :!:
Weetabix Kid

Postby ezz » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:23 pm

Again could any mod shed light as to where my post about which players out of contract next season I thought were integral to the squad?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby parceldave » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:42 pm

Christies Child wrote:

Wasn't there early season speculation that we hoped to bring in a 'speedy' loanee from one of our Premiership neighbours?

Gillingham have taken 3 Man u youth team players a few wks ago on loan. :o .

If we get a speedy loanee from a Prem club, who is going to keep up with him :lol:
parceldave

Postby matty » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:27 pm

Send the bugger back - he's usual - Curtis has everything he has - he's a carthorse.
Its all in the hips.
matty

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:40 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:I think you will find that the Stadium money is "ring-fenced" and is not being used for salaries.

Glad to see your accountancy skills hav'nt been wasted HS :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Next

Return to General Discussion