No roof - bad news - poor image

Re: No roof - bad news - poor image

Postby ezz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:00 pm

Get over it Marky, times are changing. I'm pretty sure the directors didn't do this to 'swindle' your family members. The roof is something that isn't needed so why waste money on it, I dout the difference between season ticket prices will even be that drastic. Even if it is more expensive, you get a nicer seat in a better stadium something worth paying for to watch the team you 'support'.
But you never know they might have decided this just to annoy YOU :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:53 pm

I don't like sitting at matches, one tends to get an awful lot colder for a start. A basic roof over a 5 tier terrace is small-fry when one considers the overall cost of the build so it seems a very odd thing to omit.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby ezz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:58 pm

Depending on whether that stand needs to be developed in the future it might not be as simple. Either way they can't please everyone, but the overall management of the stadium so far has been excellent. I don't feel anyway worry about any part of it now, I trust the board and think we'll be in a good position come next July, financially and still in the football league.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:09 pm

I'm not doubting that part of it (and I am happy to be getting a new stadium). However, I seriously don't believe that this has anything to do with any possible future development as I can't see our attendances increasing by 4,000 to justify such a thing!
marky

Postby ezz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:15 pm

Yes but there have been other rumours that the club can get a grant to finish off the stand opposite what will be the main stand.
If this is true it will be wise to use the grant and wait awhile for a stand that wont really take priority. Whether or not the rumour is true or not and the board think they can save some money on the roof which isn't needed (people still use the car wash now) then again there's nothing really to complain about. The stand will still be there to watch from, just no roof
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:19 pm

The people I'm talking about are those who presently have cover in the paddock, most of whom stand there because they want to be able to stand at the side and have cover, an option will will no longer be available at the new ground. For those (and I appreciate it is only a few hundred at most), this will be seen as a strange move.
marky

Postby ezz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:22 pm

I understand what you mean, but the paddock is pretty unique and people must have known there wasn't going to be an area like it in the new stadium. Some will tough it out with the hardcore car washers and the rest will jsut have to sit down and behave themselves :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby George Dawes » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:32 pm

Community and Training Pitch Areas and Changing Facilities – There will be three new football pitches - one full-size synthetic pitch and two 5-a-side pitches to provide a significant addition the presently deficient local stock of formal pitches and provide an important community resource, club training facilities, and a base for MFC’s expanding Football in the Community programme. There will also be two all weather tennis courts. Additionally the all-weather court has multisport uses including basketball, netball and hockey. All pitches / courts are supported by secure changing rooms and cafe / bar area.

it's this whats outside the stadium what could at least wait another 12 months and be developed with possible council funding as its a community purpose

Drive-Through Restaurant – a standalone drive-through restaurant situated towards the Westgate frontage, east of the stadium access road.

surely the money is better spent on completing the stadium and doing the job properly, then the rest completed over time, and am sure and the players can still train in the new stadium or go to salt-air for indoor or for use of the all-weather pitch
George Dawes

Postby ezz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:43 pm

Surely the board know what they are doing better than anyone on here?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Keith » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:53 pm

DawZi wrote:
Community and Training Pitch Areas and Changing Facilities... [and] ...secure changing rooms and cafe / bar area.

it's this whats outside the stadium what could at least wait another 12 months and be developed with possible council funding as its a community purpose

Drive-Through Restaurant – a standalone drive-through restaurant situated towards the Westgate frontage, east of the stadium access road.

DawZi wrote:surely the money is better spent on completing the stadium and doing the job properly, then the rest completed over time, and am sure and the players can still train in the new stadium or go to salt-air for indoor or for use of the all-weather pitch

or...

we could spend the money that we save on a roof for fifty people and spend it on things that will actually bring money in to the club fifty two weeks a year to increase our revenue and make us financially stable? Let me think about this choice for a nano-second...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:56 pm

or...

we could spend the money that we save on a roof for fifty people and spend it on things that will actually bring money in to the club fifty two weeks a year to increase our revenue and make us financially stable? Let me think about this choice for a nano-second...

and do you know how much extra a new roof will cost ?
George Dawes

Postby ezz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:00 pm

Do you Dawzi??
I still know which choice I'd make....
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:01 pm

DawZi wrote:
or...

and do you know how much extra a new roof will cost ?

haha,cant u two get along and stop bickering,we won tonite .........10 in the table :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby campdave » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:01 am

DawZi wrote: the shocking news of this as topped it off

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mountain, meet Mr Molehill!

Nice the news has given the usual suspects something to whine about now that we're playing well on the pitch.
campdave

Postby Christies Child » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:20 am

Was there a statement of agreement last night by the Car Wash users?

It pissed down all night and yet the faithful followers remained in the rain as if to say 'we're not that bothered about a roof!'.....

Good on ya fellas.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:45 am

Christies Child wrote:Was there a statement of agreement last night by the Car Wash users?

It pissed down all night and yet the faithful followers remained in the rain as if to say 'we're not that bothered about a roof!'.....

Good on ya fellas.

No different to any other rainy match on the car wash.
campdave

Postby Weetabix Kid » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:29 am

Nice sunny day we can all sun bathe in that stand 8-)
Weetabix Kid

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:25 pm

Christies Child wrote:Was there a statement of agreement last night by the Car Wash users?

Good on ya fellas.

yeah they seemed not to mind it much even though they must have been very very cold and wet
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:21 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:

Good on ya fellas.

yeah they seemed not to mind it much even though they must have been very very cold and wet

I thought they were cardboard cutouts that just seemed to melt after an hour :roll:

Oh no, I remember, that was the Bury team!! :lol: :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:31 pm

Nice to see that pantomine season arrived early in Block B on Tuesday..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

Postby Moose » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:56 pm

campdave wrote:

Good on ya fellas.

Actually, have to say it was! We had the added bonus of a very cold, gusty, swirling wind. Had some pretty bad nights on there over the seasons but have to say that was up there with the worst.
Though the only parts that suffered were my toes! ;)
Moose

Postby Christies Child » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:09 pm

Moose wrote:
campdave wrote:

Good on ya fellas.

Actually, have to say it was! We had the added bonus of a very cold, gusty, swirling wind. Had some pretty bad nights on there over the seasons but have to say that was up there with the worst.
Though the only parts that suffered were my toes! ;)

All credit to you and all those who prefer the Car Wash.....at least recent results especially Tuesday make it seem all worthwhile I'm sure.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:31 pm

Christies Child wrote:Nice to see that pantomine season arrived early in Block B on Tuesday..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

HO ******* HO! :lol:

Good to hear some quality input from the Fat Visitor's as well 8-)

Also well done to Freez on Radio Lancs yesterday. A good few minutes of MFC banter. Makes quite a duo with the DJ ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Previous

Return to General Discussion