Mud Slide Slim or The Blue Horizon

Mud Slide Slim or The Blue Horizon

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:08 am

The fascination of following a team.............one minute on the slide and heading potentially for the BSQ then four and a bit weeks later not far off the p....... don't say those words!! it might be a jinx. "It's a marathon not a sprint" someone said recently. 8-)
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Re: Mud Slide Slim or The Blue Horizon

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:35 am

most of us would have just taken staying up a few weeks ago anything else would be a bonus main aim this season is to not have to move to a new ground playing in the blue square
heysham_mfc

Postby Mark S » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:10 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:most of us would have just taken staying up a few weeks ago anything else would be a bonus

I dont agree. I think the majority have enough experience to realise that it is a seasons results that count, not a few games.

It was the noisy minority who were pushing panic buttons or spread betting with suggestions and scenarios.
Mark S

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:17 pm

Spot on Mark S ;)
SkinnyShrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:32 pm

....at the end of the day we all want our club to succeed. Some of us probably let our passion go too far though!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:58 pm

Mark S wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:most of us would have just taken staying up a few weeks ago anything else would be a bonus

I dont agree. I think the majority have enough experience to realise that it is a seasons results that count, not a few games.

It was the noisy minority who were pushing panic buttons or spread betting with suggestions and scenarios.

fair point but as we are still quite new to this level I don't think that we could hold our own if we went up with the squad that we have and we have teams that are better than us in this division.
heysham_mfc

Postby Mark S » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:06 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
Mark S wrote:

fair point but as we are still quite new to this level I don't think that we could hold our own if we went up with the squad that we have and we have teams that are better than us in this division.

Thats a different discussion all together. You were talking about relegationto BSP.
Mark S

Postby Vinny » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:37 pm

Mud Slide Slim AND The Blue Horizon

Wow! Now that's from ..... Long Ago and Far Away ...

I remember ..... Hey Mister, That's Me Up On The Jukebox ....

and ..... Isn't It Nice To Be Home Again ....

From Places in my Past 8-)
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:30 pm

Vinny wrote:Mud Slide Slim AND The Blue Horizon

Wow! Now that's from ..... Long Ago and Far Away ...

I remember ..... Hey Mister, That's Me Up On The Jukebox ....

and ..... Isn't It Nice To Be Home Again ....

From Places in my Past 8-)

Hey Vinny...... You've Got A Friend :)
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:42 pm

I think that whilst the results at the start of the season were generally disappointing, most people could see that the performances had shown a lot of promise. Compared to our style of play in the previous two seasons, IMO we have definitely gone up a level. I'm not knocking Sammy for how we played in previous years, far from it, but he is now building from a platform. Our final league position this season may not reflect one of progression, but in the long-term I do not believe that we could climb much higher than the mid-table finishes already achieved if the same style of play was maintained. Talk of going down is the sort of overreaction you get on here.

I said a few weeks ago when certain people were discussing Sammy's position that if our performances continued we would start to pick up 3 points. We have won our last four games, but ironically I think we have played better in other games and not been so successful. I'd question the quality of our opponents in those games, but it has given the squad much needed confidence going forward and leaves the team with a healthier even reflective league position. Bury will be a really interesting game for us to see just how much we have improved, genuine promotion contenders.
RedRedWine1

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:53 am

And bury had a poor start to the season too - might be wrong but don't think they scored at home for first four or five games. . . like sammy says the season is a marathon not a sprint
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby shrimper » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:52 am

RedRedWine wrote:I think that whilst the results at the start of the season were generally disappointing, most people could see that the performances had shown a lot of promise. Compared to our style of play in the previous two seasons, IMO we have definitely gone up a level. I'm not knocking Sammy for how we played in previous years, far from it, but he is now building from a platform. Our final league position this season may not reflect one of progression, but in the long-term I do not believe that we could climb much higher than the mid-table finishes already achieved if the same style of play was maintained. Talk of going down is the sort of overreaction you get on here.

I said a few weeks ago when certain people were discussing Sammy's position that if our performances continued we would start to pick up 3 points. We have won our last four games, but ironically I think we have played better in other games and not been so successful. I'd question the quality of our opponents in those games, but it has given the squad much needed confidence going forward and leaves the team with a healthier even reflective league position. Bury will be a really interesting game for us to see just how much we have improved, genuine promotion contenders.

What he said, every single word.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby ezz » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:01 am

shrimper wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:I think that whilst the results at the start of the season were generally disappointing, most people could see that the performances had shown a lot of promise. Compared to our style of play in the previous two seasons, IMO we have definitely gone up a level. I'm not knocking Sammy for how we played in previous years, far from it, but he is now building from a platform. Our final league position this season may not reflect one of progression, but in the long-term I do not believe that we could climb much higher than the mid-table finishes already achieved if the same style of play was maintained. Talk of going down is the sort of overreaction you get on here.

What he said about him saying ^^^^
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Keith » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:21 pm

ezz wrote:
shrimper wrote:

What he said about him saying ^^^^

Yeah, wot ezz said, every word!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion