O/T Spurs fans in Wycombe....

O/T Spurs fans in Wycombe....

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:24 am

Thanks to Big Phil, Disco Darren, Karl & Steph for the evenings entertainment post match down the road in Beaconsfield - top class stuff - my ribs are still sore! Did'nt realise Spurs fans were so friendly :? Glad you now follow the Shrimps as your second team :D Remember you are welcome here as you pass our door to the Riverside next weekend, a cold beer will be chilling and don't forget to be at Brentford on Tues. 21st October to shout for Morecambe when we play Chelsea :!: :lol: :lol: Best wishes M&M

ps enjoyed the game immensely, top result but the 151 of us were a little quiet - must have been the occasion! The 3 stewards helped tho when 148 were sitting down and 3 of us were standing up (one on one). We instantly all stood up and sang "stand up I Y L M" The art of stewarding :lol: :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: O/T Spurs fans in Wycombe....

Postby Keith » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:33 pm

marky No.1 wrote:ps enjoyed the game immensely, top result but the 151 of us were a little quiet - must have been the occasion! The 3 stewards helped tho when 148 were sitting down and 3 of us were standing up (one on one). We instantly all stood up and sang "stand up I Y L M" The art of stewarding :lol: :lol:

As the stewards walked down, someone said to them "well that worked", the steward laughed and said "you were too quiet, we just wanted to get you going". I found the stewards there to be a decent bunch.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:54 pm

Keith wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:ps enjoyed the game immensely, top result but the 151 of us were a little quiet - must have been the occasion! The 3 stewards helped tho when 148 were sitting down and 3 of us were standing up (one on one). We instantly all stood up and sang "stand up I Y L M" The art of stewarding :lol: :lol:

As the stewards walked down, someone said to them "well that worked", the steward laughed and said "you were too quiet, we just wanted to get you going". I found the stewards there to be a decent bunch.

Yes they were. One of the stewardesses accused Mary of being a troublecauser (can't possibly think where she got that from) :roll: :roll: and yes she said that we were quiet and needed livening up :!:
marky No.1

Postby slackAlice » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:18 pm

Yeah the stewards at Wycombe deserve some credit. There was one outside the club shop wearing glasses who more or less gave us a 'personal welcome' ; great stuff ! it just sets the mood up right. When we came out of the shop after collecting our tickets he took us around to the away entrance - a bit eccentric but a top bloke. I've been left wondering WHO Kyle Atkinson is as well . the stewards came around at half-time asking everybody if we knew him ? Was it a lost child ?????

The only downside to the ground was its location at the end of a cul de sac - I wouldn't like to try getting the car out down that road when its a full house - the fans take over the road and you have to wait for it clear !
slackAlice

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:50 pm

yes they asked me if I knew him as well why didn't they just ask over the tonnoy and it was 159 not 151 morecambe fans ;)
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:35 am

heysham_mfc wrote:yes they asked me if I knew him as well why didn't they just ask over the tonnoy and it was 159 not 151 morecambe fans ;)

Doh!! a slap on the wrist, 8 of you must have been in the queue for a burger :lol:
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:43 pm

Better luck needed for us both at the weekend Darren :D

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/ar ... 90808.html
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:25 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Did'nt realise Spurs fans were so friendly :

:o

I jolly well beg one's pardon!?
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:57 pm

shrimper wrote:

Bumped it up specially for you, I said to your fellow fans I would get a bite off Mr. Shrimper :lol:
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:46 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
shrimper wrote:

Bumped it up specially for you, I said to your fellow fans I would get a bite off Mr. Shrimper :lol:

:x

Why, I oughta..... grrrr!
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Return to General Discussion