Morecambe v Bury Live on Morecambe Player

Morecambe v Bury Live on Morecambe Player

Postby Morecambe Player » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:48 pm

All the action live on Morecambe player as the Shrimps take on Bury.

As ever, if you want to get in touch feel free to message our MSN Messenger at morecambeplayer@live.co.uk
Morecambe Player

Re: Morecambe v Bury Live on Morecambe Player

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:05 pm

Morecambe Player wrote:All the action live on Morecambe player as the Shrimps take on Bury.

As ever, if you want to get in touch feel free to message our MSN Messenger at morecambeplayer@live.co.uk

Great when it's working :evil:
"Please wait connecting to host........"

Every single game, I've had problems. I really don't think I'll renew this time.
morecambe mick

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:07 pm

Back on now :)
missed 10 minutes! :(
morecambe mick

Postby Morecambe Player » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:11 pm

Thanks for that Mick. If you have problems try logging into the opposition site. Your password works for any player site and you can still choose the morecambe commentary
Morecambe Player

Postby CASS » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:16 pm

I have given up on it tonight :evil:

Later..............Everything ok now op error "Thickoid" at the control panel :roll: :oops: :oops:
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby Farnsfield Shrimp » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:35 pm

Working beautifully here in Notts. At least its not raining, sounds awful weather at Christie!
Farnsfield Shrimp

Postby parkyboy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:37 pm

Yes i ha ve given up on both been trying for an hour but cant get it on either so its updates on sv for me
parkyboy

Postby Morecambe Player » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:43 pm

We've spoken to a few people and they've reported no problems. We can only suppose that the problems you encounter are either local internet problems or PC problems...The line is working and obviously other people would report problems if it wasn't working. As it is, for other people it's fine.
Morecambe Player

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:50 pm

Farnsfield Shrimp wrote:Working beautifully here in Notts. At least its not raining, sounds awful weather at Christie!

It is.

I've been out helping train the kids at Salt Ayre 6-7 and got a proper drenching :!:

Reception has been down three times in the first half. I tried getting the Bury side of the commentary from our site but that didn't work either. I didn't go onto their site to be honest.

"As it is, for other people it's fine."
O.K so there must be a problem with my internet supplier/line :evil:
Definately not renewing. :evil: :evil:
morecambe mick

Postby Aspers » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:04 pm

Had to go to Bury site and log on through that site, clicked Morecambe commentary and loud and clear.
Aspers

Postby ockers » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:47 pm

both Gordon Sorfleet(Bury Player) and myself will report these problems with perform in the morning but its also important that individual users also report technical problems as well to ensure that it isnt just a localised problem
the isdn lines work at our ground and are logged in 90 mins at least before each game
our equipment also works and has been tested
gordon emailed perform tonight re his problems which i couldnt understand but got no reply
i will be contacting perform to ensure a test is done early saturday afternoon to ensure that the isdn line is fine at port vale as it was last year when myself and matt donlan reported without a hitch
anyone who has problems connecting to stream needs to make the admin technical support aware as well to rule out a local problem to that pc
i say this because i had these problems initially when i paid for my subscription to morecambe world last year
one user tonight didnt turn up his speakers on his pc but posted on here he couldnt connect
we will do our bit to ensure we get it right for you but julian heard full 90 mins commentary and no problem in notts??
thanks for your patience and support
cheers sean
ockers

Postby Keith » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:43 am

I had no problems at all yesterday. I have in the past had problems which were not resolved, others were resolved by logging out and back in again. Sean, do you have a contact at tech support that people can contact? When I attempted to complain when I was having problems, the report went to someone at the club, then when I did get on to the company themselves I got 'how to log on for dummies' from someone who obviously didn't read my e-mail! Proper tech support would probably benefit from things like O/S & platform.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby ockers » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:40 pm

Good evening Keith and everyone
I have received the following from Gordon at Bury today
Only just had time to look at this myself tonight since i got in from work
This is an apology from Perform to everyone
their email address is as follows technicalsupport@performgroup.com

STATEMENT ON COMMENTARY ISSUES FROM PERFORM

Background

During the afternoon and evening of 1st December, a number of clubs reported problems with users logging in to the Player sites to access the live match commentaries.
What happened
The problems related to an upgrade of the web servers which was started earlier in the week and was scheduled to continue throughout the week commencing 1st December. The problem stemmed from a slight change in the way the old and new servers handle certain login ‘cookies’. Whilst the Platform team didn’t experience any problems during testing, when the changes were deployed to the live environment, a small percentage of users were affected.

Who was affected

Whilst the number of users who experienced problems trying to login is relatively small in percentage terms (we had approx 300 user complaints and our logs showed around 4000 successful logins per hour at that time), we recognise that an unusually high number of users had negative experiences with the service and we unreservedly apologise for this.
Action taken to resolve the issues
The significant majority of the issues experienced that were reported to Customer Services on the night were resolved. Clearing the users’ cache resolved this problem in nearly all instances.

As a direct result of the issues experienced by users, we have now rolled back the web servers to the previous version. This appears to have resolved the issue that some users were having regarding logging in. We will not now be upgrading the servers until we have established the cause of the problem and resolved it. This is unlikely to be this week.
The Account team will be kept informed of the timing of any upgrades moving forward.
The immediate concern is that there are a number of matches tonight. These matches will be monitored closely to ensure that if any further issues arise, they are escalated and dealt with immediately.
ockers

Return to General Discussion