New stadium - chairman's statement

New stadium - chairman's statement

Postby shrimper » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:13 am

Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Re: New stadium - chairman's statement

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:41 am

This just shows that our leader reads Shrimpsvoices! :lol:

"Someone" has gone through all our posts regarding the Stadium and in a nutshell has answered pretty much everything that has been brought up :D

1. The cost
2.Everything to plan for July 2010
3. 6000 capacity with 2000 seats to comply with both L2 and L1 criteria
4.Pitch will be seeded in March which the experts say will be planty of time for a top quality playing surface
5.The 3 sided rumours are untrue
6.6 Executive boxes
7.Pub with food
8.New Club shop
9.360 days a year (shame about the other 5! :lol: )
10.Sponsorship brochure out in good time
11.High profile game to open the Stadium
12.Ongoing discussion on naming rights
13.Recognition for Mr. J.B. Christie

What more can we possibly want? :D :D :D

Down to you C.C.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby campdave » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:48 am

"There have been rumours about the ground only being three sides but that is untrue. The ground will be four sided although the side opposite the main stand will be uncovered at this stage. It will be a fantastic venue with a hospitality and conference suite that can cater for 300 people and six executive boxes that we will be looking to fill for our home games.''

Looks like all those people "in the know" where talking out their arse. Funny how that happens a lot.
campdave

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:00 am

Makes sense not to roof the terracing opposite the main stand at this stage. If we do progress and that part of the stadium is re-developed then it would only have to be ripped down anyway, so could be money down the drain. Plus it is likely to be the least populated area of the ground for most games.

12 million. Yikes! I seem to remember a figure of 7 million quoted previously. Does anyone know how far the Sainsbury cash went towards the 12 million figure and more importantly how much is the club having to raise from other sources. Just hope it doesn't become a financial burden rather than a new dawn!

Car Parking. I can see the earmarked areas (not a lot) and on street parking in the area is going to be at a premium. I know the areas in front of the stadium extending across to Westgate are earmarked for other developments eventually, but in the interim will this land be available for additional parking on match days and a valuable sorce of revenue to the club? I for one would be happy to pay for a season long permit just to guarantee parking near the stadium.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby shrimper » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:08 am

Extra parking is being provided via an agreement with the school, or it was when I last asked. I think the school keeps the income.

On the open terrace. Think of it not just as the current carwash but as the current carwash but also competing against a really nice new main stand opposite.

Being honest I can see a lot of people (including many who now go on the north stand end) moving into that new stand with its good facilities.

And, as you say, if we do progress we can develop that side in time.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby darrenlock » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:09 am

Good post:D

Cant wait to have a pint and fish and chips in shop then watch good match of football.
darrenlock

Postby campdave » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:18 am

It's probably to early to know, but I'd like to know about season tickets - ideally I'd like to check out the new sections of the ground before I commit to my season ticket, but don't want to miss the early discount I usually get.
campdave

Postby shrimper » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:19 am

A very good point and one you should contact the club directly about. They have probably already thought about it but, with everything else that's going on, they may not.
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:29 am

campdave wrote:It's probably to early to know, but I'd like to know about season tickets - ideally I'd like to check out the new sections of the ground before I commit to my season ticket, but don't want to miss the early discount I usually get.

I would expect the pre season friendlies will be there to take care of where your viewing preferences will be.
An idea would be to be able to put our names down for a Season Ticket to claim the discount but with a time delay before the season starts as to which stand you actually want to be in?

Obviously the Main Stand seats would be on a 1st come 1st served basis 8-)

Will be great not to have a post in the way and CC will be tucked away in his box somewhere ~ if he's allowed to have one :lol:
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:35 am

Excellent update from our Chairman and a personal thanks from me.

Looking at the revised plans there have been sensible omissions made.

With regards to the original concern about a 3 sided ground, a number of people will have red faces (including myself :oops: ) although I'm sure that they like myself will refer to the originator(s) of this who no doubt will defend their original stance.

JB's will be an interesting place to be tonight......that's for sure! ;) ;) ;)

If by initially doing away with the covered roof on the North Stand, it means that the club can apply for FL Grants to complete the work in time, then all the better.

Once again excellent news. All we need now are 3 points tonight and it's been a good day!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:39 am

Christies Child wrote: personal thanks from me.

I'm sure Mr. McGuigan will be highly relieved by your touching comments :lol: :lol:

I did'nt know you could do anything personal on a public messageboard :roll:
marky No.1

Postby burple » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:00 pm

well I know I'll be the only one, but I cant help being a little disappointed that it wont have four covered sides

I realise it makes sense blah blah blah and I'm not suggesting they should do any different, just a disappointment that's all
burple

Postby Christies Child » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:01 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
campdave wrote:It's probably to early to know, but I'd like to know about season tickets - ideally I'd like to check out the new sections of the ground before I commit to my season ticket, but don't want to miss the early discount I usually get.

I would expect the pre season friendlies will be there to take care of where your viewing preferences will be.
An idea would be to be able to put our names down for a Season Ticket to claim the discount but with a time delay before the season starts as to which stand you actually want to be in?

Obviously the Main Stand seats would be on a 1st come 1st served basis 8-)

Will be great not to have a post in the way and CC will be tucked away in his box somewhere ~ if he's allowed to have one :lol:

;) It's already been discussed........
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimper » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:07 pm

burple wrote:well I know I'll be the only one, but I cant help being a little disappointed that it wont have four covered sides

I realise it makes sense blah blah blah and I'm not suggesting they should do any different, just a disappointment that's all

I don't think you will be alone and there's nothing wrong with saying so. In fact I think everyone on the board would have liked the figures to have stacked up a bit differently.

But, as you say, it makes sense as they've had to prioritise and so they've concentrated on the elements we must include for regulations etc and then the ones we hope we can make money from to help the club stand on its own feet.

On that non-roofed side I suppose the thinking was along the lines of spending a lot of money for a side we suspect will only have a handful of people in each game. I think this also allows us to do a bit more with the land behind that side, which also might bring money in.
shrimper

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:18 pm

shrimper wrote:Extra parking is being provided via an agreement with the school, or it was when I last asked. I think the school keeps the income.

On the open terrace. Think of it not just as the current carwash but as the current carwash but also competing against a really nice new main stand opposite.

Being honest I can see a lot of people (including many who now go on the north stand end) moving into that new stand with its good facilities.

And, as you say, if we do progress we can develop that side in time.

I agree I might even consider a move myself but I have decided that in pre season I will watch the games from different parts of the ground before making my mind up.

On the 3-sided ground I susspected that this was not the case which I am glad has been clared up now. Also it does make sence not to have the standing area opposite the main stand uncovered as it is just going to be a much improved version of the car wash with not many people that stand on there.

About the cost £12m is a lot more than first stated I hope it does not effect the clubs bank balance too much.

Overall very pleased with how things are going and can't wait to visit our new home in July!
heysham_mfc

Postby ezz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:37 pm

Sounds great, answered near enough everything we wanted to know. Put to rest some stupid rumours from trolls who think they know everything.....or want people to think they are in the know.
I'd love us to get our first match or league match televised, first game of the season, new stadium...might be one for sky to look at.
Who else got that christmas eve feeling after reading it? Just can't wait till July now not December 25th :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:38 pm

just go to show the power of SV :D
heysham_mfc

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:06 pm

burple wrote:well I know I'll be the only one, but I cant help being a little disappointed that it wont have four covered sides

I think a lack of a roof down the side will affect the atmosphere. I was hoping for a very tight, compact stadium with connecting roofs to aid the noise made in the stadium. Surely £12m gets your four roofs unless the club has plans to develop the ground in the near future? Can't see us needing more than 6,000 spaces on a regular basis though.

Very pleased with the info from the club though. They obviously care alot about what us fans think. The ground itself may not be that exciting but the facilities will be in a different league to CP! :D
Wild Bill

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:22 pm

I'm a little disappointed that not all four sides will be covered, in affect it will look like a 3 sided ground. But I totally agree that we just won't be getting the numbers in that stand to justify spending the money. It will be better spent on the facilities that will be used.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:27 pm

North Stand Shrimp wrote:I'm a little disappointed that not all four sides will be covered, in affect it will look like a 3 sided ground. But I totally agree that we just won't be getting the numbers in that stand to justify spending the money. It will be better spent on the facilities that will be used.

Will it mean changing your username N.S.S.?
marky No.1

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:41 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
North Stand Shrimp wrote:I'm a little disappointed that not all four sides will be covered, in affect it will look like a 3 sided ground. But I totally agree that we just won't be getting the numbers in that stand to justify spending the money. It will be better spent on the facilities that will be used.

Will it mean changing your username N.S.S.?

:o I hadn't thought about it to be honest! I'll probably just stick with the username for nostalgia sake.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:50 pm

One thing I do hope is that the television arrangements are as per Christie Park i.e. a gantry somewhere on the open side so that the regular TV highlights look across towards the new main stand. If the cameras are in the main stand looking across towards the open terrace then that will be a bit naff. Whilst personally not at all worried about an open terrace I wouldn't exactly want that portrayed as the image of the new stadium as opposed to the superb main stand.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:54 pm

Burnley Shrimp wrote:One thing I do hope is that the television arrangements are as per Christie Park i.e. a gantry somewhere on the open side so that the regular TV highlights look across towards the new main stand. If the cameras are in the main stand looking across towards the open terrace then that will be a bit naff. Whilst personally not at all worried about an open terrace I wouldn't exactly want that portrayed as the image of the new stadium as opposed to the superb main stand.

Good point, which will have been taken into account ~ Bloomfield Road certainly looked "naff" when they panned into the Preston fans last night 8-)

Luckily the steward that was trampled is ok
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:26 pm

Wild Bill wrote:

I think a lack of a roof down the side will affect the atmosphere. I was hoping for a very tight, compact stadium with connecting roofs to aid the noise made in the stadium. Surely £12m gets your four roofs unless the club has plans to develop the ground in the near future? Can't see us needing more than 6,000 spaces on a regular basis though.

Very pleased with the info from the club though. They obviously care alot about what us fans think. The ground itself may not be that exciting but the facilities will be in a different league to CP! :D

And they care a lot about their stewardship of the club. They know the figures and could have developed that side of the ground more - but then they'd have had to take out things like, for example, the new five-a-side pitch(es) as well as a couple of the other features that might actually make us some money.
shrimper

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:22 pm

what about this opening game friendly as well who could it be that we will play for the first game :?:
heysham_mfc

Next

Return to General Discussion