Signed home shirt.

Signed home shirt.

Postby mfcbro » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:42 am

I have a Morecambe home shirt,signed by the current squad available for auction.Proceeds will go to the North West Air Ambulance.I attended a charity function at The Duke of Rothesay last night and decided not to auction it there and let it go to a Morecambe fan.Will be worth a few quid seeing it is the end of era shirt.Anyone interested p.m. with a bid.Proceeds going to a worthwhile charity.
mfcbro

Re: Signed home shirt.

Postby mfcbro » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:04 am

Top bid so far £90.
mfcbro

Postby mfcbro » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:02 pm

Come on boys,must be worth more than £90.
mfcbro

Postby mfcbro » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:51 am

Final chance,auction closes 5p.m. today.Top bid so far £90.
mfcbro

Postby Keith » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:05 am

mfcbro wrote:Final chance,auction closes 5p.m. today.Top bid so far £90.

Come on guys, what a fantastic Christmas present and a fantastic cause!

mfcbro, why not extend the period, it's only been on here for a couple of days, why not set the closing date to Sunday so there will be a couple of days of 'post match' visitors? A lot of people don't visit much outside of pre & post match and with an away game on Saturday, traffic will increase.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby mfcbro » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:54 am

Not a problem Keith,as you say a great pressie for christmas and a good cause.Not forgetting it could well be worth a few quid being the last home shirt at Christie.
mfcbro

Postby mfcbro » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:00 pm

Hope nobody minds.BUMP
mfcbro

Postby mfcbro » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:07 pm

And again just for the weekend,sorry.Top Bid £90
mfcbro

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:33 pm

person who officially won it for 90 must be well jacked off at extending the time, if you moved the goalposts and they win it, do not be suprised if they do not pay up, out of order in my opinion :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby mfcbro » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:21 pm

Sorry mr richardhead, i mean spudhead,i cant win,if you hadnt noticed it is for a worthwhile charity,keith thought we would raise more money if i left it open.I notice you havent bid to get a slice of History,but probably still at school cant afford it.Sorry for biting s.v.members but sometimes people just extract the urine.
mfcbro

Postby Keith » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:47 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:person who officially won it for 90 must be well jacked off at extending the time, if you moved the goalposts and they win it, do not be suprised if they do not pay up, out of order in my opinion :roll:

mfcbro wrote:Sorry mr richardhead, i mean spudhead,i cant win,if you hadnt noticed it is for a worthwhile charity,keith thought we would raise more money if i left it open.I notice you havent bid to get a slice of History,but probably still at school cant afford it.Sorry for biting s.v.members but sometimes people just extract the urine.

bloody hell, I can't believe that someone who is trying to raise money for a damn good cause (that should be government funded anyway) is getting grief for trying to raise a bit more!

I already have a 'charity' signed shirt which went for more than this one is currently at. I'm amazed that it hasn't gone for more than £90, if it stays at that level, then so be it, the bidder has got a bargain in my opinion. In the very unlikely event that the winner feels like Mr Potatohead and 'doesn't pay up, then I'll match their bid of £90.

Now surely someone wants an extra special, particularly rare Christmas present? And well done mfcbro for doing something positive for a deserving organisation.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:43 pm

I applaud you for auctioning the shirt, but my point was nothing to do with that, if i placed a bid on something with a set finishing time, i would be a bit miffed if the time was altered, i have donated to several people on here doing charity stuff, so i am not nit picking, just pointing out that changing things as it goes along is unfair on the winning bidder, i would happily pay the 90 quid myself keith btw if the shirt was being sold on behalf of my chosen charity, and would then offer it for sale or auction, so back to my original point, nothing to the cause, the shirt or the price, geddit :roll: :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby mfcbro » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:49 pm

Top Bid now £100,still a bargain and for a worthwhile charity.Auction open till 5.00pm today.I have one framed and its on the wall above my computer.Got it for my 50th birthday,a great present.
mfcbro

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:12 pm

OK I was the one that bid the £90 by P.M. as requested and given the "closing time and date"which elapsed some time ago.
As has been pointed out since i.e. "I think the bidding time should be lengthened" and "The original bidder must be hacked off" i have still sat back and watched with amazement :o

However as it is for a good cause and we now have an "auction" rather than a private tender (which did'nt work) I shall now bid £110 for everyone to see.

No offence mfcbro.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:07 pm

Good man Marky, you still got the shirt and the air-ambulance got an extra twenty quid!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby mfcbro » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:13 pm

Thanks Mark the shirts yours,sorry for all the misunderstanding,all i was trying to do was make some money for the n.w.a.a.I will p.m. you,once again thanks.
mfcbro

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:46 am

Keith wrote:Good man Marky, you still got the shirt and the air-ambulance got an extra twenty quid!

mfcbro wrote:Thanks Mark the shirts yours,sorry for all the misunderstanding,all i was trying to do was make some money for the n.w.a.a.I will p.m. you,once again thanks.

I don't know whether to :lol: or :(

Now then is it my turn to
movinggoal.jpg
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:10 pm

Deal was signed, sealed and delivered yesterday :D :D

Thanks for those who helped me to find it! :lol: I already knew Morecambe Mick, Mick from Morecambe, Mick from the pub, Mick from Bare and Mick the printer so now i have another Mick on file! :lol:

So if your name is Mick, Mark, Steve, John, Bob or Andy there are only so many I can cope with :lol:

Cheers Mick ;)
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion