Chester SV protest

Chester SV protest

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:52 pm

heysham_mfc

Re: Chester SV protest

Postby Keith » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:04 pm

why? don't they like Shrimps Voices?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby morecambe mick » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:58 pm

WOW :o

We all knew it would end in tears, with that man being there.

That's a brave thing to do, a pitch invasion like that, hats off to them for making a stand.
morecambe mick

Postby Keith » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:39 pm

match abandoned with Chester winning :o
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby ezz » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:30 pm

They all wanted it abandoned winning or lose apparently, just to let the football world know about the crap they've had to put up with.
Got them mentioned a few times on the news anyway, might be the end of Chester tho.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:34 pm

morecambe mick wrote:WOW :o

We all knew it would end in tears, with that man being there.

That's a brave thing to do, a pitch invasion like that, hats off to them for making a stand.

I can't condone their actions...but with that tw*t at the helm, I can understand their frustrations.

My sympathy as you would expect from me, goes to Jim Harvey, an innocent bystander in all this BUT so determined was he to get back into management that given his situation prior to Chester then I can understand the gamble. Just hope for him it has a happy ending.

But somehow I think not!

:( :( :(
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby ezz » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:56 pm

Also feel sorry for the Eastbourne fans, rumblings of Chester starting a new team, not sure how much of it is true though.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Duffman » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:28 pm

ezz wrote:Also feel sorry for the Eastbourne fans, rumblings of Chester starting a new team, not sure how much of it is true though.

Many of the fans are resigned to the fact CCFC are dying a slow death and the inevitable will happen sooner or later. The general feeling of the protest is that they, the fans, would prefer to end the farce themselves rather than give Vaughan any more time. In a way, the sooner they get kicked out of the Conference and Vaughan leaves the quicker they can start a fresh and with a clean slate.
Duffman

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:29 pm

They should have done this a long long time ago but the supporters couldn't sort themselves out.

It's to late for them now.

There was talk of an AFC but the fans always seem like they can't be bothered.

Sometimes with the attitude of their fans on Deva Chat I wonder if they really want a football club.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby bigreddog » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:51 pm

Just read the entire thread from start to finish. Like watching a football club die before your very eyes.

I know I've said it before, but it's worth saying, these are the times I'm reminded how lucky we are with our chairman and board of directors. Thank god.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Pandashrimp » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:28 pm

Not the same, as their protest was much more organised, but reminds me of Scarbro away a few years back when they were in danger of going bust. Didnt they come on the pitch either at half time or after the game? I do remember all their fans singing "Scarborough till we die", with our response "Your Scarborough till next week!!". They managed to stave it off for a couple of years but what league are they in now..in fact are they reformed under AFC Scarborough?

:lol: Was it not also Scarborough away one year when the then manager (Russel Slade?) gave their H/T teamtalk on the pitch a la Phill Brown or after today Jimmy Bullard!?
Pandashrimp

Postby ockers » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:50 am

Pandashrimp wrote:Not the same, as their protest was much more organised, but reminds me of Scarbro away a few years back when they were in danger of going bust. Didnt they come on the pitch either at half time or after the game? I do remember all their fans singing "Scarborough till we die", with our response "Your Scarborough till next week!!". They managed to stave it off for a couple of years but what league are they in now..in fact are they reformed under AFC Scarborough?

yes it was half time...................boxer paul ingle was their trying to drum up local support

:lol: Was it not also Scarborough away one year when the then manager (Russel Slade?) gave their H/T teamtalk on the pitch a la Phill Brown or after today Jimmy Bullard!?

january 2001 1 1 draw fa trophy match think they scabbed a pen second half
ockers

Postby campdave » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:47 am

Ultimately the blame lies with Vaughan, but the Conference were fools for allowing them into the division.

The trouble couldn't have been more signposted if there was a large "big crook" sign pointing towards Vaughan.
campdave

Postby Martin » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:21 pm

Pandashrimp wrote:reminds me of Scarbro away a few years back when they were in danger of going bust. Didnt they come on the pitch either at half time or after the game? I do remember all their fans singing "Scarborough till we die", with our response "Your Scarborough till next week!!". They managed to stave it off for a couple of years but what league are they in now..in fact are they reformed under AFC Scarborough?

I think they reformed as Scarborough Town
Martin

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:33 pm

Listen to it as it happened:

"Absolute carnage" "Alex where are you" "Can you here me Alex? Alex"

Wow Sean would have loved this :o

Jump to 1hr 30m for the juicier bits, although you might need a scouse interpretor! :lol:

http://nonleaguefootballlive.com/pages.php?page=744

Interesting he says a total of £2M was put on an Eastbourne win at the bookies :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij_38iRV ... r_embedded
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:01 am

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:35 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Deadline day passes :roll:

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/new ... ment_.html

it will all end in tears