D'ngton 0 M'cmbe 4 Jevons, Wilson, Drummie, Curtis

Re: D'ngton 0 M'cmbe 4 Jevons, Wilson, Drummie, Curtis

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:41 pm

Aspers wrote: I knew a girl from Darlington in the 80's Once or Twice.
8-)

So you will know what it's like to miss out on a hat-trick :geek:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:44 pm

MorecambeMickey wrote:Just on the way back now, shocking weather, cracking second half performance. Wilson easily man of the match, stunning goal, honerable mentions to Twissy, Stanners, Jevo and Parrish. Killed the game off superbly, Darlington couldn't cope with our movement and passing. By the way, lovely finish from Wayne :lol:

After the Carlisle replay, I said: "My only real criticism apart from no-one hitting the blimmin target was a couple of times when Gary and Laurence had the ball out wide but, with space in front of them, they immediately crossed it hopefully into a crowded box when they could have taken it ten yards further and threatened the area themselves.
They both have good dribbling skills and, in the box, they can cause problems as defenders fear a mistimed tackle."

Watch Laurence's two goals since then and there are defenders in position to make tackles but they are very hesitant because they've seen his pace and trickery and are scared of giving away a pen.
If he keeps on doing this we'll get a lot more goals and/or a few pens.

If Gary finds himself in similar positions I hope he'll give it a go as well. He used to in the Ressies as a kid and I hope, now he's a really well-established first-teamer, he'll have the confidence.

We're not blessed with pace up front so it's got to come from elsewhere.

Another observation from the Darlo clips... nice understanding again between Jevons and Twiss (like at Crewe) which brought us a goal again. A good sign, should Sammy feel like giving Mullin a rest and pushing Twissy further forward in a future starting line-up.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Keith » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:19 pm

shrimper wrote:Another observation from the Darlo clips... nice understanding again between Jevons and Twiss (like at Crewe) which brought us a goal again. A good sign, should Sammy feel like giving Mullin a rest and pushing Twissy further forward in a future starting line-up.

I was going to post about this. Notice the little point from Jevons just before Twiss gets the ball. Excellent understanding and Twiss was clear where the ball was going before it even reached him.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:45 pm

I think we should give the Twiss/Jevons partnership a try I think Jevons would do well with twissy behind him threading balls through for him to run onto.

When I watch Jevons/Mullin they never seem to be anywhere near each other there is always a good 10 - 20 yards between them.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:18 pm

P/T Indie wrote:I think we should give the Twiss/Jevons partnership a try I think Jevons would do well with twissy behind him threading balls through for him to run onto.

When I watch Jevons/Mullin they never seem to be anywhere near each other there is always a good 10 - 20 yards between them.

totally agree with you there would love to see those 2 playing up front together
heysham_mfc

Previous

Return to General Discussion