If you want to help.......

If you want to help.......

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:18 pm

Please, please help a local charity in need.

It's that time of the year again when the Juggernaut that is Children in need takes to the screen with a night of light entertainment and celebs asking us to part with our cash!

No doubt by the end of the night they will have once again bucked the recession and raised a record amount of money and all the best to them, they do wonderful things with the cash.

Could I please appeal to all fellow shrimps to think about maybe giving all or some of the cash you might usually give on this night to a local charity, which like most small charities are not bucking the recession and are seeing donations decreasing while running costs are rising.

As you all know, over this coming year I shall be taking part in many challenges to raise money for CancerCare, including 3 half marathons, a 20 mile race, a full marathon and an attempt of summitting Mt Kilimanjaro!

I may not be a well known Comedian, an actor, News presenter, a Radio personality or a pop star, I am a local lad, trying to raise funds for a fantastic local charity and I hope some of you can help me by making a donation via my just giving page below.

Thanks guys,

Paul.
http://www.justgiving.com/paulisclimbing
North Stand Shrimp

Re: If you want to help.......

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:06 pm

come on people! I don't expect anywhere near the £4 million that Children in need are up to, but not one donation yet? :?
North Stand Shrimp

Postby mfcbro » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:45 pm

Not knocking what you are trying to do Paul but people have charity preferences and can only support as deep as their pockets are.I am at a fundraising function next Saturday for the North West Air Ambulance,another good local charity.I have a signed Morecambe fc shirt which we having a blind auction for if anyone is interested please p.m. me with a bid.
mfcbro

Postby scalehallshrimp » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:53 pm

many people are feeling the pinch,most charities are struggling for finance,i would be surprised if children in need raise as much as last years £38 m
scalehallshrimp

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:04 am

Thanks to DawZi and Willie who have together got me to a grand total of £20 tonight.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:07 am

ill donate 2mo paul 8-)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:14 am

cheers mate! :D

I realise all small charities are struggling and I also realise that everyone is feeling the pinch, sorry to sound like I'm preaching when I post these threads but I'm just trying to make a difference.

MFCBRO... my uncle sadly passed away a few years back after a motor cycle accident and the North West Air Ambulance tried their best to help him, anything I can do to help, I'll gladly donate a £10 if you let me know how to.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:46 am

Gosh! the Nolans still have an excellent set of pipes on them! :shock:
North Stand Shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:47 am

paul..........

just tried donating money .......hard work

have u got it??????????
shrimpnsave

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:53 am

Hi,

Just donated a tenner myself to keep things ticking over and I see what you mean about it being hard work, they seem to have added a whole load of steps since last time I used Just Giving! :?
My donation hasn't registered yet either so I guess it's taking time to display.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:55 am

North Stand Shrimp wrote:Hi,

Just donated a tenner myself to keep things ticking over and I see what you mean about it being hard work, they seem to have added a whole load of steps since last time I used Just Giving! :?
My donation hasn't registered yet either so I guess it's taking time to display.

8-) 8-)
shrimpnsave

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:05 am

My donation has registered now, so I don't know if yours has worked. I'd check your email and see if there's been a problem. :roll: Think i'm going to email Just Giving tomorrow with a polite request to make the site easier to use!

Children in need are up to over £18 Million tonight, last year was £21 Million on the night, gonna go and give a £10 to help it on it's way!
North Stand Shrimp

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:58 am

scalehallshrimp wrote:many people are feeling the pinch,most charities are struggling for finance,i would be surprised if children in need raise as much as last years £38 m

On the night they are only 700'000 off last years total!!!
I think you have too little faith in peoples ability to still dig deep even when their pockets are feeling the pinch! :D

I will stick my neck out and say they will still hit over £38M in total!
Last edited by North Stand Shrimp on Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:19 pm

North Stand Shrimp wrote:My donation has registered now, so I don't know if yours has worked. I'd check your email and see if there's been a problem. :roll: Think i'm going to email Just Giving tomorrow with a polite request to make the site easier to use!

Children in need are up to over £18 Million tonight, last year was £21 Million on the night, gonna go and give a £10 to help it on it's way!

dont think my donation went thru,its not gone out of my account as yet,clicked donate 3 times as well,ill wait and see if not ill try again
shrimpnsave

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:23 am

shrimpnsave wrote:
North Stand Shrimp wrote:My donation has registered now, so I don't know if yours has worked. I'd check your email and see if there's been a problem. :roll: Think i'm going to email Just Giving tomorrow with a polite request to make the site easier to use!

dont think my donation went thru,its not gone out of my account as yet,clicked donate 3 times as well,ill wait and see if not ill try again

I wouldn't keep clicking on donate otherwise you could end up donating 3 times as much as you wanted to!
heysham_mfc

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:16 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:

Hi, I don't think your donation has worked. If you still want to donate it might be a good idea to bring it along to a home game and arrange to meet me?
North Stand Shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:36 pm

North Stand Shrimp wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:

Hi, I don't think your donation has worked. If you still want to donate it might be a good idea to bring it along to a home game and arrange to meet me?

hi paul,got it to you this time 8-)
shrimpnsave

Return to General Discussion