i am missing the doom and gloom brigade

i am missing the doom and gloom brigade

Postby Stanley Bowles » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:29 pm

Oh what the difference 4 wins can make . I do miss the anti Sammy brigade, where are they now .SAMMY MACS BARMY ARMY.
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Re: i am missing the doom and gloom brigade

Postby George Dawes » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:33 pm

i will be straight you!

i had a problem and have been quoted many times with the tactical formation SM employed, he as recently changed it along with our results

Ive got no problem now ;)
George Dawes

Postby Crooky MFC » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:50 pm

Dont start saying 'I told you so', almost everyone on here was livid with Sammy and his decisions, and the performance against Northampton.

We've now turned the corner, and Sammy is getting it right, full credit to him, Mark and the team.

4-0, easy easy easy ;)
Crooky MFC

Postby Martin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:17 pm

Stanley Bowles wrote:I do miss the anti Sammy brigade, where are they now

Stanley Bowles wrote:Oh what the difference 4 wins can make

Think you answered your own question there. It was the lack of wins that was causing the worry.
Martin

Postby Curly » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:41 pm

Funny when you hear the same hypocritical doomers, now chanting "Oh Sammy Sammy...."
"I think this week I'll wear red" :roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby shrimper » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:31 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:Dont start saying 'I told you so', almost everyone on here was livid with Sammy and his decisions, and the performance against Northampton.

We've now turned the corner, and Sammy is getting it right, full credit to him, Mark and the team.

4-0, easy easy easy ;)

Whereas others said that performances were generally good (apart from one or two games, Northampton being one) and that when the late October and November fixtures had been played (which gave us less daunting opponents) we'd be in a better position, if we kept our nerve.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Keith » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:14 am

Crooky MFC wrote:.. almost everyone on here was livid with Sammy and his decisions, and the performance against Northampton.

Where as Crooky was delighted with the performance against Northampton??? :roll:

"Almost everyone on here" remained generally confident that we were generally better than last season and would soon come good. A minority were calling for change.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:15 am

will this do, by their own admission ,they are a bit shit :lol:

Darlington 0 Morecambe 4

Nov 24 2009 By Andrew Wilkinson

Quickfire double leads to rout for dire Darlington

DARLINGTON: Liversedge, Foster, Miller, Barnes, Giddings, J Smith, Davis, Mulligan, Hogg, Collins, Thomas. Subs: Bower, Gray, G Smith, Main, Groves, Jones, Diop.

MORECAMBE: Roche, Artell, Stanley, Twiss, Hunter, Jevons, Drummond, Wilson, Mullin, Parrish, Haining. Subs: Moss, Curtis, Davies, Wainwright, Taylor, Duffy, McStay.

HOGG had a chance to send Thomas clear in the first minute but slightly overhit his pass. Middlesbrough-born Hogg was starting his first game at The Arena, and only his second for the club after arriving on loan from Aston Villa to help Darlington's bid to get away from the bottom of League Two.

Darlington were looking for their third successive home win, but the two previous successes were the only two they had won all season.

But the visitors were soon on top and Twiss created space to shoot from the edge of the penalty area but his effort was blocked by the defence.

Darlington had Barnes booked for a foul, then Artell of Morecmbe and Davis of Darlington escaped with a lecyure after having a dig at each other off the ball.

Darlington could have gone ahead on 21 minutes when Smith latched onto Collins' pass and jinked his way onto the penalty area, only for keeper Roche to block his close range shot. Within two minutes Quakers had threatened twice more. Hogg's powerful shot struck teammate Collions in front of goal, then Smith drilled a low shot narrolwy wide from 20 yards.

Darlington threatened againwhen Miller burst forward from defence to find Thomas, who skipped inside a defender before seeing his shot deflected for a corner.

However there was a scare for Darlington on 40 minutes when Hunter's volley from a Twiss cross flashed across goal.

Morecambe started the second half brightly and Wilson's angled drive had Liversedge in the Darlington goal at full stretch to save.

And the visitors were back to take a 56th minute lead. The goal came from a mistake by Hogg. He appeared to have ended the danger when he broke up a Morecmbe attack, but his wayward pass let in Jevons who fired low past Liversedge. Darlington immediately brought on striker Diop for Thomas.

But it got worse for Darlington on 63 minutes when Mullin set up Wilson to race clear and fire past Liversedge. That was the signal for Darlington to mak two more changes, Gray and Goves coming on for Davis and Mulligan.

It got worse for Darlington on 79 minutes when Drummond stabbed in Stanley's free kick to pile on the agony for Quakers.

Then Curtis had the easiest task to score a fourth after keeper Liversedge failed to control the ball,
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:50 pm

So sorry I couldn't post on this topic before now.....sooooooooooooooooo Good Evening!

Feeling better now?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby mfcbro » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:58 pm

Glad to hear from you c.c.were you too busy eating your humble pie to comment?
mfcbro

Postby bigreddog » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:59 pm

Right doom and gloom.....

we should have scored five.

sorry best I can do, mid table and we're having a laugh.

Hey Laurence Wilson, ooh aah, I wanna knooooooow, how'd ya score that goal.

I understand he only beat a couple last night, shocking,I demand he weaves past 6 players every week to score!!!!!
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby bigreddog » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:00 pm

mfcbro wrote:Glad to hear from you c.c.were you too busy eating your humble pie to comment?

I really don't think it's fair to encourage him to eat more pie than is absolutely necessary
;)
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Christies Child » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:00 pm

mfcbro wrote:Glad to hear from you c.c.were you too busy eating your humble pie to comment?

NEVER!

Just couldn't get on SVs thanks to problems with the internet up here.

But am really chuffed over the result(s).

How did Mr T play?

Told you all that PJ would get the goals.....better start believing in me in other areas as well?

;) ;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:53 pm

Christies Child wrote:

NEVER!

Just couldn't get on SVs thanks to problems with the internet up here.

But am really chuffed over the result(s).

How did Mr T play?

Told you all that PJ would get the goals.....better start believing in me in other areas as well?

;) ;) ;) ;)

Mr T did ok. He played a nice pass for Phil Jevons to open the scoring and generally held the ball up well and crossed a few good balls in.

Laurence Wilson was outstanding. They couldn't cope with his pace. Duffy was good in a short cameo role at the end.

all in all £18 well spent.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:47 am

Stanley Bowles wrote:Oh what the difference 4 wins can make . I do miss the anti Sammy brigade, where are they now .SAMMY MACS BARMY ARMY.

You did'nt have to wake me up yesterday morning to tell me! Some of us had some celebrating to get over! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion