A Change in Fortune

A Change in Fortune

Postby Number 1 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:49 pm

When you consider some of the the rhetoric by some of the SV posters at the beginning of the season, it's good that people are now much more confident and are looking up rather than down.

What would have happened if the board had had the same mentality as some of those "Fans" posting earlier? We'd have been scratting around employing some journeyman lower league manager probably.

The return of Will Haining, the emergence of Andy Parrish as a real contender for a shirt with performances at right back and in central defence, the resting of Danny Adams and a reversion to a flat back 4 have all helped change our fortunes around I think and when Manny Panther comes back, things will get even better I'm sure. Add to that the goalscoring form and improved workrate of Phil Jevons and you can see that the squad Sammy has built this season is finally starting to fulfil the potential that it promised. Indeed Jevons is right up there in the League 2 goalscorers list.

Fingers crossed for tomorow. I sometime think we're our own worst enemy but hopefully there will be no complacency and the lads will give it their all with no game on Saturday.
Number 1

Re: A Change in Fortune

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:14 pm

We need to get back to drawing, the more we win the less fans turn up, two or three more league win could see us pulling in 1200 home gates :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Return to General Discussion