What if.....????

What if.....????

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:04 pm

With rumours circulating about the Stadium ( Official statement due 1st week in December ) what happens if we somehow manage to gain promotion? Looking at the table and who we've already played, it's not beyond our lads in achieving albeit via a Wembley play off :D what only a few weeks ago looked nothing more than a pipe dream.

Am I right to assume that League 1 rules for stadium capacity is higher than League 2?

Highly unlikely I know, but who would have thought in our promotion year at this stage what would eventually happen?

As we all know.....football's a funny old game!

:?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: What if.....????

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:27 pm

Christies Child wrote:With rumours circulating about the Stadium ( Official statement due 1st week in December ) what happens if we somehow manage to gain promotion? Looking at the table and who we've already played, it's not beyond our lads in achieving albeit via a Wembley play off :D what only a few weeks ago looked nothing more than a pipe dream.

Am I right to assume that League 1 rules for stadium capacity is higher than League 2?

Highly unlikely I know, but who would have thought in our promotion year at this stage what would eventually happen?

As we all know.....football's a funny old game!

I thought it was a 10,000 capacity minimum for league 1 but there will be a timescale to achieve that. The Withdean and Cheltenham (last season) are both smaller than that.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby alwaysright » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:34 pm

I was under the impression that every thing was in full flow with the new stadium, can someone please explain just what is going on, i read somewhere that its only going to have 3 sides, is this correct ???
alwaysright

Postby George Dawes » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:47 pm

alwaysright wrote:I was under the impression that every thing was in full flow with the new stadium, can someone please explain just what is going on, i read somewhere that its only going to have 3 sides, is this correct ???

nah click on this link and you should see the virtual stadium and gallery -> http://www.morecambestadium.co.uk/gallery.asp?catID=24
George Dawes

Postby alwaysright » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:27 pm

Cheers DawZi, so whats all the fuss about official statements etc
alwaysright

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:20 pm

alwaysright wrote:Cheers DawZi, so whats all the fuss about official statements etc

rumours that we are only having a 3 side ground wish the club would say something to confirm if this is true
heysham_mfc

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:23 pm

It is true to say that there is a minimum requirement for grounds so that teams can be in League 1. I presume that the board will have looked into this possibility as it would be a shame if we ever got to League 1 and the new ground failed the tests. :?
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:04 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
alwaysright wrote:Cheers DawZi, so whats all the fuss about official statements etc

rumours that we are only having a 3 side ground wish the club would say something to confirm if this is true

There isn't enough hours in the day for the club to respond to everything mrpotatohead makes up, let alone the rest of the rubbish that gets posted on here! :D
RedRedWine1

Postby ockers » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:40 pm

Neil
were getting a new ground
its going to be superb
stop bloody worrying about it all and just celebrate whats going on
its called progress........
there will be a full statement and progress report at the start of next month from Brian and the board and a revamp on the stadium website and regular progress reports

lets just focus on this season and get behind our team for the time being thats our job as fans

lets just leave the club the contractors to get on with building what will be a fantastic facility for the community
with all due respect we dont need to be telling them what they should be doing

these guys know what theyre doing....now back to the football

with respect
sean
ockers

Postby bigreddog » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:46 pm

RedRedWine wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:

There isn't enough hours in the day for the club to respond to everything mrpotatohead makes up, let alone the rest of the rubbish that gets posted on here! :D

Amen to that

I heard a rumour that CC didn't start completely pointless threads all the time, but that turned out to be bollocks.

What if we had a two sided stadium with a team that had to play skins because the directors had forgotten to order shirts for next season and they all had to use copies of dandy for shinpads? what if we all started threads with the fundamental starting point of assuming that everyone involved in the club is a complete fuckwit?

If only CC was chairman we would have remembered to do all that vital planning, like planting grass seeds on the pitch and stuff, oh the shame of it.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby campdave » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:02 pm

Lol at this thread.

Hope the water supply is sorted at the new stadium. Still, not far to lidl from the new site.
campdave

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:52 pm

campdave wrote:Lol at this thread.

Hope the water supply is sorted at the new stadium. Still, not far to lidl from the new site.

could we not just borrow some from Cumbria
heysham_mfc

Postby alwaysright » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:00 am

So why might the new ground only have 3 parts to it, is it a funding problem, planning problem ???
alwaysright

Postby campdave » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:04 am

alwaysright wrote:So why might the new ground only have 3 parts to it, is it a funding problem, planning problem ???

Or no problem at all and just rumours and speculation?
campdave

Postby alwaysright » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:18 pm

Your not implying that someone is doing some stirring are you campdave ???
alwaysright

Postby campdave » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:20 pm

alwaysright wrote:Your not implying that someone is doing some stirring are you campdave ???

That would never happen on this board. Wink wink, nudge nudge etc.
campdave

Postby My mates Ed » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:50 pm

stadium only to have 3 sides!
jumpers for goalposts!
fans to be issued with torches for night games! :o :o :lol: :lol:
My mates Ed

Postby mazatec » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:25 pm

This mr ockers is not a club spokesman. and shoud put his brain into gear before going into print. we are waiting for a government grant before completing the ground,, fact mr ockers.
mazatec

Postby ockers » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:45 pm

mazatec wrote:This mr ockers is not a club spokesman. and shoud put his brain into gear before going into print. we are waiting for a government grant before completing the ground,, fact mr ockers.

and you are exactly?

if youre a club official then have the decency to contact directly otherwise let us know who you are?
ockers

Postby division4 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:59 pm

I surprised by the suggestion that there is a minimum spec for grounds going up to League 1.

There have been some really bad stadiums in that league over the last decade such as Macclesfield and Donny. Is it a new regulation?
division4

Postby outsider » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:32 pm

I'm sure i read somewhere you have up to 3 seasons when promoted to get your ground up to the standard required for that league.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby wonder shrimp » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:38 pm

this thread is absolutely unbelievable. three matches ago there was talk of sacking sammy and relegation, 3 wins on the bounce and people are worrying about whether our new ground is fit for league 1! :roll:

let's just see what happens. i just want to finish about accy and bratfud :lol:
wonder shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:18 pm

division4 wrote:I surprised by the suggestion that there is a minimum spec for grounds going up to League 1.

There have been some really bad stadiums in that league over the last decade such as Macclesfield and Donny. Is it a new regulation?

not just league 1 but 2 as well Christie park will not meet the spec for next season
heysham_mfc

Postby taz » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:27 pm

Excuse my inexperience in posting but for all those people worrying so much about our new stadium, if they go onto the city council website and click on planning,then in application search enter 08/00174/hyb they will find all the plans which include all four stands.Not sure how to post the link.The plans where updated on the 20/11/09 and include materials and colour schemes.
taz

Postby Christies Child » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:31 pm

campdave wrote:
alwaysright wrote:So why might the new ground only have 3 parts to it, is it a funding problem, planning problem ???

Or no problem at all and just rumours and speculation?

Let's wait and see IF the amount of speculation concerning the stadium is that...pure speculation.

I wonder what you will say IF those who posted this info in the first place (take note that it wasn't me) are proved right.

Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Next

Return to General Discussion