Artell
Adams

hunter
fraser
Carr
wainwright

Howe
Blinks
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: team news

Postby morecambetillidie08 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:26 pm

its a good team sammys put out,BUT wheres STANNERS,not even on the bench
morecambetillidie08

Postby Christies Child » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:27 pm

Along with MtT and Yates hasn't even travelled.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Dazzer » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:48 pm

Looks a fairly attack minded 4-4-2

Seem to have 3 'center-mids' there, wonder who is playing on the left.
Dazzer

Postby Aspers » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:55 pm

Doesn't look like we've gone there to pack midfield and draw.

I Like it.
Aspers

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:02 pm

A worrying midfield with both McLatchlan and Hunter in it.

I would expect an early introduction of Stewart Drummond if we are to turn this one around.

Does seem as though the writing is on the wall for the 3 who didn't travel. Stanners must have been very naughty because he has to be one of our best players.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby yozzer » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:14 pm

So the worrying midfield of McLachlan and Hunter managed to give us the platform for a great away point. :roll:
yozzer

Postby hunter8 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:27 pm

well said yozzer
hunter8

Postby i-love-mfc » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:00 pm

hunter8 wrote:well said yozzer

Are you garry hunter?? lol
i-love-mfc

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:06 pm

i-love-mfc wrote:

Possibly not but Gaz always deserves a mention for his 100% effort in every game

11 like him and we'd be champions
HALMA 1983

Postby Number 1 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:47 am

OLDHAMADE wrote:
i-love-mfc wrote:

Possibly not but Gaz always deserves a mention for his 100% effort in every game

11 like him and we'd be champions

I agree Ade, if ever a player was an unsung hero it's Garry Hunter. Never complains when left out, does the business when he's on the field, never spectacular, always committed, he must be Sammy's favourite player in certain ways.

Yesterday was a great test, but when you saw the side play, and you realised there was no Thompson, no Baker, no Stanley, no Twiss and no Yates, all for differing reasons, you got the impression that there was a new era starting, and it didn't look like we missed any of them.

All the new signings looked well aquitted, Roche didn't have a great deal to do, but did what he had to, including a couple of good saves from shots fizzed along the wet ground, (apart from the goal, but the shot should never have been allowed) and a couple of high balls well collected. Wainwright, Parrish, and Howe all looked very comfortable, Carr seemed to make the step up easily and also looked comfortable. Artell was much improved from his end of season dip in form, Adams was solid as ever and Blinky toiled for not much reward. Was exciting to see O'Carroll come on, him and Blinks will by vying for the spot alongside Howe I think and Sammy might just switch it to see who works best with Rene. Wayne did well when he came on, as did Stew and when you think our bench was Drummond, O'Carroll, McStay, Curtis and able deputy Scott Davies, it was a very encouraging start.

Only slight problem might be that out of that 17, if we have any long term injuries, suspensions or severe loss of form, will the squad players be adequate replacements. I think the answer lies with those players themselves, and their attitudes.

Last word about Fraser, great to see him back and if he can continue to play just in front of the back 4 to break up play effectively, that's another big plus. Perhaps slightly disappointed that the shot for the goal wasn't snuffed out, but overall happy with that result and looking forward to Forest and Rotherham.
Number 1

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:34 am

Frazer & Gary were both excellent. The only thing is, I'd like a 'passing' player in alongside a 'terrier'. I think Frazer & Gary are both terriers.

As for Stanley. What ever he did has clearly been taken very seriously and an apology has presumably not been accepted, which is a shame, as I think he would add to the midfield.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Jody » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:43 am

Agreed. I think the midfield did well in the second half yesterday, especially against the 5 men of Wycombe across the middle at times. I think we just lacked a bit on the passing yesterday. I'm not criticising Carr in any way, as I know it was his first ever league game, and first proper game for us. A few passes went astray in the centre of midfield, and against other, stronger teams we may well be punished.
I think Stanners should have a chance of a recall inbetween the two terriers- McLachlan and Hunter. There have been incidents off the field, we all know this. But if he can make up for these with good performances on the pitch, I'm all for a Stanners return. Seems a shame to be paying one of our, in my opinion, better players, to not even warm the bench.
Jody

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:48 pm

Keith wrote:Frazer & Gary were both excellent. The only thing is, I'd like a 'passing' player in alongside a 'terrier'. I think Frazer & Gary are both terriers.

As for Stanley. What ever he did has clearly been taken very seriously and an apology has presumably not been accepted, which is a shame, as I think he would add to the midfield.

That was the point I tried to make and was shot down!

In a 4 man midfield one or the other out of Hunter and McLatchlan in the team but not both.

If Stanners has burnt his bridges I would think Sammy is trying to bring in a midfielder , possibly Craney from Accy would be a decent signing.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Skid » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:29 pm

Seems a shame to be paying one of our, in my opinion, better players, to not even warm the bench.

Maybe he should have thought about this happening, when he 'misbehaved'. How about we trust the management, if he is as good as people make out on here, then why have we not had a whole host of teams sniffing after him?
Skid

Postby Jody » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:34 pm

Who's to say there hasn't been? Just because it isn't public knowledge doesn't mean nobody has enquired.
In the same way are you saying Twiss isn't good because we haven't had a load of clubs sniffing after him now he's out of favour too?
Nobody can deny he was consistently one of our best players last year, his talent isn't just going to disappear. And there are definitely people within our squad who do worse things than Craig and get away with it. But a public message board isn't the place to go into that.
Jody

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:50 pm

Jody wrote:Who's to say there hasn't been? Just because it isn't public knowledge doesn't mean nobody has enquired.
In the same way are you saying Twiss isn't good because we haven't had a load of clubs sniffing after him now he's out of favour too?
Nobody can deny he was consistently one of our best players last year, his talent isn't just going to disappear. And there are definitely people within our squad who do worse things than Craig and get away with it. But a public message board isn't the place to go into that.

You need to take a step back Jody.

I don't mean that in any bad or sarcastic way, I think you are a little too close.

You know my point of view, I'm not disagreeing with you.
morecambe mick

Postby Jody » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:54 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
Jody wrote:Who's to say there hasn't been? Just because it isn't public knowledge doesn't mean nobody has enquired.

You need to take a step back Jody.

I don't mean that in any bad or sarcastic way, I think you are a little too close.

You know my point of view, I'm not disagreeing with you.

I know what you mean Mick. But I just feel there are too many people on here who are quick to slag players off, and publicly state the negative things and it really winds me up.
I know everyone has an opinion, whether it is based on fact or otherwise.
And that was mine.
Jody

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:06 pm

Getting wound-up by people annomously posting things, based on rumour, "mis-info" and speculation is what I mean by a step back.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's just that sometimes people have to bite their tongues.

Now I've said too much.

I'll say nothing further on here about it.
morecambe mick

Return to General Discussion